Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Cops stop car with 15ft tree embedded in it

Posted on Thursday, 10 March, 2016 | Comment icon 10 comments

The tree was stuck to the front of the car. Image Credit: YouTube / PoliceActivity / Roselle Police Department
Police officers couldn't believe their eyes when they spotted the vehicle being driven along the road.
The bizarre incident, which took place in Roselle, Illinois, occurred when 54-year-old Maryann Christy was spotted driving around town with a 15ft tree embedded in the front of her car.

After being pulled over by a police officer she stated that she was aware that she had collided with the tree but was unable to remember exactly where the collision had taken place.

All the airbags inside her 2004 Lincoln had also been deployed at the time of the smash.

A sobriety test later revealed that Christy had consumed copious quantities of alcohol.

"Yet another reason why you should not drink and drive!" the department wrote on Facebook.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (10)

Tags: Car, Tree, Police

Comment icon #1 Posted by White Unicorn on 9 March, 2016, 17:40
A woman is facing a court appearance after being filmed driving a car with a tree wedged into its front. Police in Roselle, Illinois, said the tree was thought to be around 15ft tall. The footage, captured in January, has received thousands of likes and shares on the police department's Facebook page after it was posted this week. Deputy Chief Roman Tarchala told the Chicago Tribune: "We didn't stand there and measure it - but it was a big tree." http://news.sky.com/...ee-stuck-in-car Reminded me of the time I had to drive a few miles to find a safe pullover to remove a dead deer from my hood ... [More]
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 17:55
She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol http://news.sky.com/...ee-stuck-in-car Ah now we get down to the nitty gritty. I was beginning to feel a very slight touch of sympathy for her til I came to this bit. Take away her licence, bang her up for 3 years and make her plant trees 1 hour a day on day release .....shackled obviously.
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 18:00
ps: my husband told me the story about a time he was driving his lorry about 40mph on a country lane when a car tried to over take him, traffic was coming the other way and my husband being the good citizen he is on the road, put his foot down and the other car ended up in the hedge...still over taking him but now completely covered in hedges before eventually coming to a stop, somewhere in the hedges. My husband, like the good citizen on the road he is, carried on driving safely.
Comment icon #4 Posted by MJNYC on 10 March, 2016, 19:22
I have no words.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Chibadiba on 10 March, 2016, 20:41
"Sir, do you know why I'm pulling you over?" "Yes, yes I know about my tail light."
Comment icon #6 Posted by NoMoneyNick on 10 March, 2016, 21:40
The best bit is 'I'm still standing - Elton John' was on the policeman's radio... how perfect!
Comment icon #7 Posted by MissJatti on 12 March, 2016, 13:55
Poor Bambi, I mean tree.. tree tree tree
Comment icon #8 Posted by SlippySlug on 14 March, 2016, 3:59
So... will she get charged with timber theft? That's sort of a serious question.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Jessica Christ on 14 March, 2016, 5:15
Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 14 March, 2016, 21:28
A false start but the era of driving trees nears. Roots and all. So eco-friendly. Until then we will have to settle for using them as portals and shrines. Or camouflage fail. You know your avi matches your posts?

550 million-year-old creature mystery solved
9-20-2017
Scientists believe that they have finally worked out what type of creature 'Dickinsonia' actually was.
Porpoise unearthed in medieval graveyard
9-20-2017
A recent archaeological dig near Guernsey has yielded something rather unexpected - a porpoise skeleton.
Mystery surrounds flushed money in Geneva
9-19-2017
An unknown individual has been flushing thousands of euros down the toilet and nobody knows why.
'Octopus city' found off coast of Australia
9-19-2017
Members of the gloomy octopus species have created their own underwater settlement dubbed 'Octlantis'.
Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY