Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Cops stop car with 15ft tree embedded in it

Posted on Thursday, 10 March, 2016 | Comment icon 10 comments

The tree was stuck to the front of the car. Image Credit: YouTube / PoliceActivity / Roselle Police Department
Police officers couldn't believe their eyes when they spotted the vehicle being driven along the road.
The bizarre incident, which took place in Roselle, Illinois, occurred when 54-year-old Maryann Christy was spotted driving around town with a 15ft tree embedded in the front of her car.

After being pulled over by a police officer she stated that she was aware that she had collided with the tree but was unable to remember exactly where the collision had taken place.

All the airbags inside her 2004 Lincoln had also been deployed at the time of the smash.

A sobriety test later revealed that Christy had consumed copious quantities of alcohol.

"Yet another reason why you should not drink and drive!" the department wrote on Facebook.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (10)

Tags: Car, Tree, Police

Comment icon #1 Posted by White Unicorn on 9 March, 2016, 17:40
Reminded me of the time I had to drive a few miles to find a safe pullover to remove a dead deer from my hood LOL. I wasn't intoxicated but I'm glad no police were around. I couldn't stop in time for deer because a semi was tailgating me. Deer or squished car, I chose to hit Bambi
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 17:55
She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol Ah now we get down to the nitty gritty. I was beginning to feel a very slight touch of sympathy for her til I came to this bit. Take away her licence, bang her up for 3 years and make her plant trees 1 hour a day on day release .....shackled obviously.
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 18:00
ps: my husband told me the story about a time he was driving his lorry about 40mph on a country lane when a car tried to over take him, traffic was coming the other way and my husband being the good citizen he is on the road, put his foot down and the other car ended up in the hedge...still over taking him but now completely covered in hedges before eventually coming to a stop, somewhere in the hedges. My husband, like the good citizen on the road he is, carried on driving safely.
Comment icon #4 Posted by MJNYC on 10 March, 2016, 19:22
I have no words.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Chibadiba on 10 March, 2016, 20:41
"Sir, do you know why I'm pulling you over?" "Yes, yes I know about my tail light."
Comment icon #6 Posted by NoMoneyNick on 10 March, 2016, 21:40
The best bit is 'I'm still standing - Elton John' was on the policeman's radio... how perfect!
Comment icon #7 Posted by MissJatti on 12 March, 2016, 13:55
Poor Bambi, I mean tree.. tree tree tree
Comment icon #8 Posted by SlippySlug on 14 March, 2016, 3:59
So... will she get charged with timber theft? That's sort of a serious question.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Jessica Christ on 14 March, 2016, 5:15
A false start but the era of driving trees nears. Roots and all. So eco-friendly. Until then we will have to settle for using them as portals and shrines.Or camouflage fail.
Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 14 March, 2016, 21:28
You know your avi matches your posts?

Kids in China climb 2,500ft cliff to school
5-30-2016
A school in southwest China is so inaccessible that pupils have to scale a huge cliff just to get there.
Should robots be taught how to feel pain ?
5-30-2016
Researchers from Germany are building an artificial nervous system that will enable robots to feel pain.
Russian family dines with a 7ft brown bear
5-30-2016
The Panteleenkos adopted their bear Stepan when he was just a cub and now they do everything together.
Building blocks of life found on comet 67P
5-29-2016
ESA's Rosetta spacecraft has made a significant new discovery within the atmosphere of its new home.
What if the world ended ?
Posted 5-30-2016 | 4 comments
What would happen in the event of an apocalypse ? Could you survive ?

Why does white noise make you fall asleep ?
Posted 5-29-2016 | 3 comments
What is it about the sound of white noise that sends people off to sleep ?

Simulating Mars atop a volcano
Posted 5-28-2016 | 0 comments
Six scientists have been living an isolated existence to simulate a mission to Mars.

Seeking new antibiotics under the sea
Posted 5-27-2016 | 1 comment
Scientists are seeking new treatments for antibiotic-resistant infections beneath the waves.

World's first mile-long pizza
Posted 5-26-2016 | 0 comments
Italian chefs have produced a single gigantic pizza that stretches for an entire mile.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas