Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cops stop car with 15ft tree embedded in it

Posted on Thursday, 10 March, 2016 | Comment icon 10 comments

The tree was stuck to the front of the car. Image Credit: YouTube / PoliceActivity / Roselle Police Department
Police officers couldn't believe their eyes when they spotted the vehicle being driven along the road.
The bizarre incident, which took place in Roselle, Illinois, occurred when 54-year-old Maryann Christy was spotted driving around town with a 15ft tree embedded in the front of her car.

After being pulled over by a police officer she stated that she was aware that she had collided with the tree but was unable to remember exactly where the collision had taken place.

All the airbags inside her 2004 Lincoln had also been deployed at the time of the smash.

A sobriety test later revealed that Christy had consumed copious quantities of alcohol.

"Yet another reason why you should not drink and drive!" the department wrote on Facebook.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (10)

Tags: Car, Tree, Police

Comment icon #1 Posted by White Unicorn on 9 March, 2016, 17:40
A woman is facing a court appearance after being filmed driving a car with a tree wedged into its front. Police in Roselle, Illinois, said the tree was thought to be around 15ft tall. The footage, captured in January, has received thousands of likes and shares on the police department's Facebook page after it was posted this week. Deputy Chief Roman Tarchala told the Chicago Tribune: "We didn't stand there and measure it - but it was a big tree." http://news.sky.com/...ee-stuck-in-car Reminded me of the time I had to drive a few miles to find a safe pullover to remove a dead deer from my hood ... [More]
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 17:55
She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol http://news.sky.com/...ee-stuck-in-car Ah now we get down to the nitty gritty. I was beginning to feel a very slight touch of sympathy for her til I came to this bit. Take away her licence, bang her up for 3 years and make her plant trees 1 hour a day on day release .....shackled obviously.
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 9 March, 2016, 18:00
ps: my husband told me the story about a time he was driving his lorry about 40mph on a country lane when a car tried to over take him, traffic was coming the other way and my husband being the good citizen he is on the road, put his foot down and the other car ended up in the hedge...still over taking him but now completely covered in hedges before eventually coming to a stop, somewhere in the hedges. My husband, like the good citizen on the road he is, carried on driving safely.
Comment icon #4 Posted by MJNYC on 10 March, 2016, 19:22
I have no words.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Chibadiba on 10 March, 2016, 20:41
"Sir, do you know why I'm pulling you over?" "Yes, yes I know about my tail light."
Comment icon #6 Posted by NoMoneyNick on 10 March, 2016, 21:40
The best bit is 'I'm still standing - Elton John' was on the policeman's radio... how perfect!
Comment icon #7 Posted by MissJatti on 12 March, 2016, 13:55
Poor Bambi, I mean tree.. tree tree tree
Comment icon #8 Posted by SlippySlug on 14 March, 2016, 3:59
So... will she get charged with timber theft? That's sort of a serious question.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Jessica Christ on 14 March, 2016, 5:15
Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 14 March, 2016, 21:28
A false start but the era of driving trees nears. Roots and all. So eco-friendly. Until then we will have to settle for using them as portals and shrines. Or camouflage fail. You know your avi matches your posts?

Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Eden Project UFO revealed as publicity stunt
7-25-2017
Videos and pictures of an alleged UFO over Cornwall have turned out to be part of a promotional exercise.
Moon is much wetter than previously thought
7-25-2017
Satellite data has revealed that there is water trapped all across the Moon's surface, not just at the poles.
New species of giant sunfish discovered
7-24-2017
Marine researcher Marianne Nyegaard has identified the first new species of sunfish in over 130 years.
Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI