Thursday, August 17, 2017

Helicopter chases triangular UFOs over Devon

Posted on Wednesday, 14 September, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

What were the two objects and who was pursuing them ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several witnesses have reported seeing a helicopter pursuing two triangular shaped objects over Exmouth.
The incident, which occurred at around 10:30pm on Monday, certainly didn't go unnoticed.

"I know it sounds crazy but I saw what I saw," said one witness who wished to remain anonymous. "I wish I got a picture. I would be very surprised if no one else saw them or heard the helicopter."

"The two of them were bouncing around and then the helicopter turned up and seemed to try and chase them through the sky. They bounced one way and then the other and then headed back in land, not towards the sea."

"They went off pretty quickly, not supersonic or anything, but faster than a plane. The helicopter was trying to follow them but gave up and headed towards Sidmouth."

Another resident, who also wished to remain anonymous, submitted a very similar report.

"I believe I have seen the same thing," he said. "On hearing the sound of a helicopter I looked out to see if it was another police chopper. I am a serving soldier and I can say I've never seen anything move in the way these objects were."

Other witnesses reported hearing the helicopter circling the area for some time and one man even described seeing a "blue laser light" and a "green steady light" as the objects passed overhead.

Exactly what the objects were and why they were being pursued however remains a mystery.

Source: Plymouth Herald | Comments (20)

Tags: UFO, Devon

Comment icon #11 Posted by Mr.United_Nations on 15 September, 2016, 2:05
No. But where i live on the south coast the lynx naval helicopters are sometimes seen
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 15 September, 2016, 7:04
For either a multi mach experimental aircraft or light speed/dimensional jumping ufo, a sub 200mph helicopter wouldn't be my first choice pursuit vehicle
Comment icon #13 Posted by paperdyer on 15 September, 2016, 16:09
It's a normal assumption by most individuals to associate that a know vehicle, in this case the helicopter, would be pursuing an unknown, in this case the triangle. But I agree you can't jump to that conclusion. Logic and rational thought before expressing an opinion or explanation is not the norm for most people. Just look at Donald trump.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 15 September, 2016, 16:32
It would be mine, especially following something that can stop on a dime. A fighter is not going to catch it anyway.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Kurzweil on 15 September, 2016, 20:30
If I were in charge I'd send out the hot air balloon brigade. They'd have to be the fancy ones like giant cartoon characters. You know, to intimidate.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Essan on 15 September, 2016, 21:01
How do you tell an object is triangular when seen in the sky at night? Did the witnesses have night vision googles? Or just an avid imagination?
Comment icon #17 Posted by back to earth on 15 September, 2016, 22:46
Comment icon #18 Posted by curiouse on 16 September, 2016, 12:25
No footage ? How Unusual .
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 16 September, 2016, 14:12
Maybe it sounded "triangular" as it passed overhead.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Sweetpumper on 16 September, 2016, 14:52
Damn, that company has it's hands in everything.

Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Firm set to put a cellphone tower on the Moon
8-16-2017
A German startup is aiming to land rovers on the Moon that will communicate using cellphone technology.
'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Dog turns blue due to polluted Indian River
8-15-2017
Untreated industrial waste in Mumbai's Kasadi river has been turning dogs a rather peculiar color.
Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Hoia-Baciu - the world's most haunted forest
Posted 8-13-2017 | 0 comments
A look at an area of forest that some people describe as Romania's own 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Can Derren Brown fool a psychologist ?
Posted 8-12-2017 | 2 comments
Psychological illusionist Derren Brown takes on a professional in the field.

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama