Friday, April 28, 2017

'Ghost' tips over cleaning supplies in pub

Posted on Monday, 24 October, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

What moved the sign ? Image Credit: YouTube / ExpressStarNews / Chapel House
CCTV footage recorded in a pub in England appears to show objects being moved around by an unseen force.
The Chapel House pub on Ruiton Street in Dudley is no stranger to paranormal occurrences.

Manager Katie Round and her fiancé Ben Parkes have already experienced several unexplained incidents despite having only taken over the pub around nine weeks ago.

"Last Friday a glass on a shelf above the bar propelled off and hit me hard in the chest," said Ben. "Sometimes you can hear footsteps coming up stairs but then they just stop."

The couple's most intriguing encounter to date however centers around CCTV footage that was recorded while they were cleaning up one evening.

"I was cleaning up at the end of the night and heard something in the kitchen, I went out to look and couldn't see anything so I thought it was my other half pulling my leg," said Katie.

When they later reviewed the CCTV footage however they noticed that a wet floor A-board sign had moved and fallen down all on its own. The video also showed the moment when Ben was startled by a mop which had also fallen down without warning after being propped up against the wall.

"He jumped out of his skin," said Katie. "When we looked at the footage later, we couldn't believe it."

Source: Express and Star | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Pub

Comment icon #17 Posted by kalon1701 on 25 October, 2016, 20:59
Definitely fake, I've used a similar method with fishing line.
Comment icon #18 Posted by DieChecker on 26 October, 2016, 12:58
It is more "Blair Witch" if it is shaky. Or, it could be that in this day and age, some people don't know how to attach a cable from their recording device to a computer USB port.....
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 26 October, 2016, 16:53
Cool, post a video about how you did it, to back up your claim.
Comment icon #20 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 17:26
I can put it on youtube and post a link, if the mods allow
Comment icon #21 Posted by Calibeliever on 26 October, 2016, 17:30
Seems every year about now we have a round of stories about haunted pubs and costume shops.
Comment icon #22 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 18:26
If posting the youtube link is a no no, then I apologise. the original video was made 6 years ago. yes it's a rubbish vid and a 6 year old could do better, but it's my rubbish vid and I was asked to post one. PS, I am not responsible for any suggested videos that appear at the end of my stupidity.
Comment icon #23 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:47
Yea its an old bartender trick to tie fishing line to something and **** with people, my boy does it with a plant next to the bar, freaks new customers out all the time.
Comment icon #24 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:49
Its actually funny, one time a lady ran out of the bar because she was convinced there was an animal in the plant, we had to show her the fishing line before she would believe us lol
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 28 October, 2016, 5:13
I used to pull a dog toy rat on a fishing line from behind various furniture around the living room, till no one thought it was funny anymore except me.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Habitat on 28 October, 2016, 6:03
I heard a funny story about flying in the old DC-3, where the pilot or co-pilotreleased some kind of toy or golliwog or some such, out of the window on a nylon line, to trail back along the fuselage and appear at thepassenger's windows....to raise a laugh or two. The planes were not pressurized of course, and flew pretty low, maybe 10,000 feet tops.

Giant spider webs cover field in New Zealand
4-27-2017
Fascinating new footage has emerged online showing an entire field engulfed by a huge expanse of cobwebs.
Did first Americans arrive 130,000 years ago?
4-27-2017
A new discovery has indicated that the first humans arrived in the Americas much earlier than thought.
China and Europe plan to build 'Moon Village'
4-27-2017
ESA has confirmed rumors that the two space agencies are planning an ambitious lunar collaboration.
Mystery of Antarctica's 'Blood Falls' solved
4-26-2017
Researchers have made a new discovery in relation to one of Antarctica's most unusual natural features.
Venus flytrap anemone
Posted 4-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at one particularly unusual creature which lives down at the bottom of the ocean.

Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Boiling water meets freezing air
Posted 4-24-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what happens when you throw boiling water out in to the freezing Russian winter air.

Cave-dwelling spiders
Posted 4-23-2017 | 3 comments
A new species of spider has been found living in caves and mine shafts in Mexico.

Is the Boar Man real ?
4-26-2017 | Wichita Mountains, Oklahoma

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles