Friday, August 18, 2017

'Ghost' tips over cleaning supplies in pub

Posted on Monday, 24 October, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

What moved the sign ? Image Credit: YouTube / ExpressStarNews / Chapel House
CCTV footage recorded in a pub in England appears to show objects being moved around by an unseen force.
The Chapel House pub on Ruiton Street in Dudley is no stranger to paranormal occurrences.

Manager Katie Round and her fiancé Ben Parkes have already experienced several unexplained incidents despite having only taken over the pub around nine weeks ago.

"Last Friday a glass on a shelf above the bar propelled off and hit me hard in the chest," said Ben. "Sometimes you can hear footsteps coming up stairs but then they just stop."

The couple's most intriguing encounter to date however centers around CCTV footage that was recorded while they were cleaning up one evening.

"I was cleaning up at the end of the night and heard something in the kitchen, I went out to look and couldn't see anything so I thought it was my other half pulling my leg," said Katie.

When they later reviewed the CCTV footage however they noticed that a wet floor A-board sign had moved and fallen down all on its own. The video also showed the moment when Ben was startled by a mop which had also fallen down without warning after being propped up against the wall.

"He jumped out of his skin," said Katie. "When we looked at the footage later, we couldn't believe it."

Source: Express and Star | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Pub

Comment icon #17 Posted by kalon1701 on 25 October, 2016, 20:59
Definitely fake, I've used a similar method with fishing line.
Comment icon #18 Posted by DieChecker on 26 October, 2016, 12:58
It is more "Blair Witch" if it is shaky. Or, it could be that in this day and age, some people don't know how to attach a cable from their recording device to a computer USB port.....
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 26 October, 2016, 16:53
Cool, post a video about how you did it, to back up your claim.
Comment icon #20 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 17:26
I can put it on youtube and post a link, if the mods allow
Comment icon #21 Posted by Calibeliever on 26 October, 2016, 17:30
Seems every year about now we have a round of stories about haunted pubs and costume shops.
Comment icon #22 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 18:26
If posting the youtube link is a no no, then I apologise. the original video was made 6 years ago. yes it's a rubbish vid and a 6 year old could do better, but it's my rubbish vid and I was asked to post one. PS, I am not responsible for any suggested videos that appear at the end of my stupidity.
Comment icon #23 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:47
Yea its an old bartender trick to tie fishing line to something and **** with people, my boy does it with a plant next to the bar, freaks new customers out all the time.
Comment icon #24 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:49
Its actually funny, one time a lady ran out of the bar because she was convinced there was an animal in the plant, we had to show her the fishing line before she would believe us lol
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 28 October, 2016, 5:13
I used to pull a dog toy rat on a fishing line from behind various furniture around the living room, till no one thought it was funny anymore except me.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Habitat on 28 October, 2016, 6:03
I heard a funny story about flying in the old DC-3, where the pilot or co-pilotreleased some kind of toy or golliwog or some such, out of the window on a nylon line, to trail back along the fuselage and appear at thepassenger's windows....to raise a laugh or two. The planes were not pressurized of course, and flew pretty low, maybe 10,000 feet tops.

Thieves in Germany steal 20 tons of chocolate
8-18-2017
The unusual heist saw a trailer loaded with confectionery being driven away in the town of Neustadt.
Mystery of distant Kuiper Belt object deepens
8-17-2017
The next target of NASA's New Horizons probe is a space rock with some rather intriguing properties.
Scientists solve animal evolution mystery
8-17-2017
A sea algae boom has been credited with the rise of the first complex life forms in Earth's distant past.
Man finds snake on a supermarket pineapple
8-17-2017
A man in Edinburgh got the fright of his life on Tuesday when he found the reptile in his shopping.
Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 1 comment
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia