Monday, October 23, 2017

'Ghost' tips over cleaning supplies in pub

Posted on Monday, 24 October, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

What moved the sign ? Image Credit: YouTube / ExpressStarNews / Chapel House
CCTV footage recorded in a pub in England appears to show objects being moved around by an unseen force.
The Chapel House pub on Ruiton Street in Dudley is no stranger to paranormal occurrences.

Manager Katie Round and her fiancé Ben Parkes have already experienced several unexplained incidents despite having only taken over the pub around nine weeks ago.

"Last Friday a glass on a shelf above the bar propelled off and hit me hard in the chest," said Ben. "Sometimes you can hear footsteps coming up stairs but then they just stop."

The couple's most intriguing encounter to date however centers around CCTV footage that was recorded while they were cleaning up one evening.

"I was cleaning up at the end of the night and heard something in the kitchen, I went out to look and couldn't see anything so I thought it was my other half pulling my leg," said Katie.

When they later reviewed the CCTV footage however they noticed that a wet floor A-board sign had moved and fallen down all on its own. The video also showed the moment when Ben was startled by a mop which had also fallen down without warning after being propped up against the wall.

"He jumped out of his skin," said Katie. "When we looked at the footage later, we couldn't believe it."

Source: Express and Star | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Pub

Comment icon #17 Posted by kalon1701 on 25 October, 2016, 20:59
Definitely fake, I've used a similar method with fishing line.
Comment icon #18 Posted by DieChecker on 26 October, 2016, 12:58
It is more "Blair Witch" if it is shaky. Or, it could be that in this day and age, some people don't know how to attach a cable from their recording device to a computer USB port.....
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 26 October, 2016, 16:53
Cool, post a video about how you did it, to back up your claim.
Comment icon #20 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 17:26
I can put it on youtube and post a link, if the mods allow
Comment icon #21 Posted by Calibeliever on 26 October, 2016, 17:30
Seems every year about now we have a round of stories about haunted pubs and costume shops.
Comment icon #22 Posted by kalon1701 on 26 October, 2016, 18:26
If posting the youtube link is a no no, then I apologise. the original video was made 6 years ago. yes it's a rubbish vid and a 6 year old could do better, but it's my rubbish vid and I was asked to post one. PS, I am not responsible for any suggested videos that appear at the end of my stupidity.
Comment icon #23 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:47
Yea its an old bartender trick to tie fishing line to something and **** with people, my boy does it with a plant next to the bar, freaks new customers out all the time.
Comment icon #24 Posted by grimsituation6 on 28 October, 2016, 0:49
Its actually funny, one time a lady ran out of the bar because she was convinced there was an animal in the plant, we had to show her the fishing line before she would believe us lol
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 28 October, 2016, 5:13
I used to pull a dog toy rat on a fishing line from behind various furniture around the living room, till no one thought it was funny anymore except me.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Habitat on 28 October, 2016, 6:03
I heard a funny story about flying in the old DC-3, where the pilot or co-pilotreleased some kind of toy or golliwog or some such, out of the window on a nylon line, to trail back along the fuselage and appear at thepassenger's windows....to raise a laugh or two. The planes were not pressurized of course, and flew pretty low, maybe 10,000 feet tops.

Moon photobombs the Sun on NASA images
10-22-2017
Solar observations made by a satellite were interrupted this week when the Moon made a sneaky appearance.
Near-complete tyrannosaur fossil found in Utah
10-22-2017
Palaeontologists have unearthed the skeleton of a meat-eating dinosaur dating back over 76 million years.
Huge magnetic tail discovered behind Mars
10-22-2017
NASA scientists have revealed the existence of an invisible magnetic tail trailing behind the Red Planet.
NASA's ion thruster breaks propulsion records
10-21-2017
The prototype thruster could one day propel the first Mars astronauts all the way to the Red Planet.
One hundred million crabs
Posted 10-21-2017 | 2 comments
Christmas Island red crabs migrate in extreme numbers in this vintage BBC clip.

Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland