Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Chilean Navy releases unseen UFO footage

Posted on Friday, 6 January, 2017 | Comment icon 39 comments

The UFO was seen ejecting two streams of an unknown substance. Image Credit: CEFAA / YouTube
The newly declassified video was filmed by a military helicopter that encountered a UFO while on patrol.
The remarkable ten-minute recording was captured in broad daylight by the helicopter's Surveillance and Reconnaissance (SAR) camera during a routine coastal patrol back in November 2014.

The crew's first reaction was to contact local airfields and military installations to confirm whether or not the mysterious object had appeared on their radar screens. Despite being clearly visible to the helicopter, all of them reported that the UFO had not being picked up.

They then attempted to communicate with the craft using standard civilian frequencies however there was no response at all - whoever was controlling it seemed keen to maintain radio silence.

Twice during the encounter the object was observed ejecting an unknown substance in to the air which reportedly only showed up on the infrared camera.

The helicopter crew tried desperately to acquire as much data about the UFO as possible but inevitably, almost as suddenly as it had appeared, it had vanished in to the clouds and was gone.

CEFAA, the Chilean government's UFO investigations branch, went on to conduct an extensive investigation in to the encounter but despite their best efforts they ultimately came up empty.

The original footage, which has now been declassified, can be viewed below.

( The second half of the video contains the clearest shots. )

Source: Russia Today | Comments (39)

Tags: Chile, UFO

Comment icon #30 Posted by seeder on 9 January, 2017, 14:33
according to this....its explained!
Comment icon #31 Posted by ChrLzs on 10 January, 2017, 6:07
It's a bit like slander and libel - a good defense is simply that it is true...  This region's air forces do not have a very good reputation - remember the Mexican Air Force, who madly chased (and were chased by) those speedy and cunning alien craft.. that turned out to be flames atop some stationary ground-based oilwells at Cantarell?  Or the way the Chilean Air Force 'experts' managed to convince themselves that the El Bosque Airfield was under attack, but in fact the videos that caused the kerfuffle simply showed insects flying by? Even the CEFAA is a hamfisted organisation that was created... [More]
Comment icon #32 Posted by ChrLzs on 10 January, 2017, 21:30
Weird.  Maybe I'm going blind but I cannot find the case even mentioned on the CEFAA site, let alone the report itself..  I did find some other stuff that I might start a new thread on, including some classic comments and unbelievable excuses about the interminably drawn out El Bosque bug investigation (yes, it's still going on, and no they won't release any of the other videos), from the well-known UFO=alienz pusher, Leslie Kean..  She's hilarious!
Comment icon #33 Posted by ChrLzs on 10 January, 2017, 22:21
I've had no success in finding the original CEFAA report - the huffpost article has the most 'extracts' from it but there is no backlink, gee I wonder why. I'd be delighted to go over the full report with a fine toothed comb, but forgive me for being cynical when i see stuff like the following that was reported on the huffpost article - I've just picked out two issues, but there are more...  usually I laugh when I hear about people being 'baffled', but in this case, given the apparent standard of the investigators hand-picked by the CEFAA, well, it's no wonder they are baffled.  They haven't g... [More]
Comment icon #34 Posted by Sahir on 10 January, 2017, 23:26
I don't know if CEFAA is to blame for this, excuse my language, garbage.  I simply cannot find this CEFAA report the different news outlets are using as a reference. One has to consider if this started as fake news and other "news" outlets simply didn't research their sources well enough.  I cannot see why this so called report wouldn't be all over CEFAA's website.  Do we know who were the first to publish the headline?
Comment icon #35 Posted by Sahir on 11 January, 2017, 0:04
The new york post's article video links to YouTube account which has the headline: Navy clip final (see Leslie Kean's article for backstory) Google Leslie Kean. She is also the journalist who wrote the huffington post article. She seems to be a quite known  UFO conspiracy theorist.  I have to see the so called report from the government of Chile, before I even consider an analysis of the video. Until then my guess would be that this is fake news.
Comment icon #36 Posted by ChrLzs on 11 January, 2017, 5:26
I think I'll start a new thread specifically about Leslie Kean, the CEFAA and the unhealthy relationship thereof... It saddens me to see this sort of dreck being passed off as 'investigation', with Leslie Kean egging them on and writing books and hitting the tinfoilhat convention trail. This is the same team who, ALLEGEDLY has seven (count'em, 7) videos showing fully triangulated alien ships buzzing the El Bosque airfield during an air show.  Only trouble is: - only two segments of video have been released, at low res, with no reason given for withholding the others (remember this was a public... [More]
Comment icon #37 Posted by lost_shaman on 11 January, 2017, 7:02
So I'm just waiting for the whole UAP are the result of "Climate change" to dominate the UFO scene.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Dino-Mario on 17 January, 2017, 3:32
This is quite an interesting footage, but as much as i'd like it to be an authentic alien spacecraft, it's most likely a misidentified helicopter... That being said, its lack of presence on the radar and radio communications does leave me thinking.
Comment icon #39 Posted by Podo on 18 January, 2017, 19:54
The video was removed from Youtube. Probably nothing. But maybe...SOMETHING?!

Neutron star smash signals major breakthrough
10-16-2017
For the first time ever, gravitational waves and light have been picked up from the same cosmic event.
Scottish scientists send a teacake in to space
10-16-2017
Thousands of people watched online as the popular confectionery was launched in to the heavens on Friday.
Mystery 'Watcher' house goes up for sale
10-15-2017
A couple plagued by mysterious letters from the 'Watcher' have been struggling to sell their home.
'Vampire' kangaroos lived longer than thought
10-15-2017
An extinct species of fanged kangaroo survived five million years longer than previously believed.
Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 1 comment
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Dog with world's longest tongue
Posted 10-12-2017 | 2 comments
Meet Mochi Rickert - a female St Bernard with a tongue measuring 18.58 cm in length.

How do helicopters fly without wings ?
Posted 10-11-2017 | 5 comments
A look at how helicopter rotor blades make it possible to fly vertically in to the air.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY