Friday, July 28, 2017

Woman gets a snake stuck inside her earlobe

Posted on Thursday, 2 February, 2017 | Comment icon 22 comments

Glawe took a selfie of her painful predicament. Image Credit: Facebook / Ashley Glawe
Ashley Glawe ended up in the emergency room after her pet snake got stuck in a rather peculiar place.
Glawe, who is from Oregon, claims that she had been playing with her pet ball python 'Bart' when the adventurous reptile slithered up to her ear and poked his head through her stretched earlobe.

The snake quickly managed to get itself hopelessly stuck with Glawe unable to free him.

"It all happened so fast that before I even knew what was going on it was already too late," she said.

Photographs taken in the emergency room of her bizarre predicament soon went viral on social media and have since been viewed tens of thousands of times.

Fortunately though, with the help of a small incision, some Vaseline and a bit of perseverance, doctors were eventually able to free the snake from her ear.

Source: Fox News | Comments (22)

Tags: Snake, Ear

Comment icon #13 Posted by switchopens on 2 February, 2017, 18:00
Myself being a patron of the alternative scene and with multiple piercings myself, I'm still perplexed as to the fascination with earlobe stretching which I feel is an all around bad idea, this now being another reason: Because animals can get caught in them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Claire. on 2 February, 2017, 18:23
Very interesting (and somewhat scary) article Merc, Thanks. I had no idea Burmese pythons had established such a large breeding population in Florida. Their estimated numbers are mind-blowing and I'm not at all comfortable knowing these snakes are making (and breeding) their way up north.
Comment icon #15 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 2 February, 2017, 18:25
this x1000. and just speaking in general, a pet should never be a novelty. a pet is a living, feeling animal that deserves understanding and respect. far too many people cause far too much harm because of ignorance.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 2 February, 2017, 20:46
Well, uh, sorry, a snake does not have "feelings" in an emotional sense, pet or not. Their expression of comfort is nothing more than a perception of "non-threat" Nothing at all to do with emotional feelings, an aspect of the brain only occurring in higher-orderspecies.
Comment icon #17 Posted by AstralHorus on 2 February, 2017, 23:23
When being edgy goes too far.
Comment icon #18 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 2 February, 2017, 23:33
that's not what i was talking about, but maybe that's my fault for word choice. my point was, to put it simply: don't treat living things like toys.
Comment icon #19 Posted by kobolds on 3 February, 2017, 4:41
she is lucky that the snake is not decide to go through earl canal
Comment icon #20 Posted by equus hemionus on 3 February, 2017, 5:12
In response to posts #12 and #13 I keep hearing "keep Portland weird".
Comment icon #21 Posted by MJNYC on 3 February, 2017, 18:45
Are you speaking about reptiles (I have never lived with one, so not sure about their "feelings")or all animals, not human?
Comment icon #22 Posted by Hawkin on 9 February, 2017, 6:09

California residents report 'Chupacabra'
7-27-2017
Alleged sightings of the cryptozoological creature have sparked concerns over the safety of local pets.
Our atoms came from far across the universe
7-27-2017
A new study has revealed that half of the atoms that make up our bodies have come from beyond the galaxy.
Private firm set to land on the Moon in 2019
7-27-2017
Astrobotic is aiming to land its unmanned Peregrine lunar lander on the surface of the Moon in two years' time.
3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
Octopus goes for a walk
Posted 7-27-2017 | 4 comments
As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI