Thursday, July 27, 2017

Couple share their home with a 2500lb buffalo

Posted on Wednesday, 15 February, 2017 | Comment icon 19 comments

The buffalo appears to feel right at home in the sitting room. Image Credit: YouTube / BBC
Texas couple Ronnie and Sherron Bridges have a rather unusual pet - a huge buffalo named Wild Thing.
The couple came in to possession of their larger-than-life companion when Ronnie, 68, was forced to sell off his herd of 52 buffalo to help pay his medical expenses back in 2004.

The self-professed 'buffalo whisperer' however decided to keep one of the animals - a calf which has since grown in to the behemoth he and his wife now share their home with today.

"He never uses the bathroom in the house," said Ronnie. "He walks right out, potties, turns around and comes right back in the house. It amazes me because how would you potty train a buffalo?"

The huge beast apparently even enjoys watching the television during his visits.

"It's like having a small car in the house," said Ronnie. "He's real careful about not knocking anything in the house, but he tears up my house on the outside."

"I think he knows the house is my territory, and outside is his territory."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (19)

Tags: Buffalo

Comment icon #10 Posted by EBE Hybrid on 15 February, 2017, 16:46
Sharing your house with a 250lb beast, please no mother in law jokes!!!
Comment icon #11 Posted by White Unicorn on 15 February, 2017, 17:13
Didn't read the full. article, did you?† He goes outside to potty and is very careful not to break things in the house! But they did say the yard was his territory and was destructive out there. These people really are buffalo lovers to keep one as a pet!†
Comment icon #12 Posted by Eldorado on 15 February, 2017, 17:33
They must be faced with a hefty buffalo bill each month.
Comment icon #13 Posted by DragonFire22 on 15 February, 2017, 22:26
'Wild Thing' LMAO
Comment icon #14 Posted by poohbear on 16 February, 2017, 2:34
Not surprised at anything from a nation that votes for a president with a name like Trump...
Comment icon #15 Posted by Unfortunately on 16 February, 2017, 7:22
Why on Earth did you bring politics into this? There are all kinds of people that share their homes with different animals. I recall there being a hippo that lives with a couple in south africa. Respectfully, politics have absolutely no place in this thread so please stay on topic :). Personally, I think this is great. Humans and animals happily co-existing in the same environment is always a beautiful thing to see.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 16 February, 2017, 7:28
Why has this comment not broken the internet yet?†
Comment icon #17 Posted by Hawkin on 16 February, 2017, 10:59
The origins of the name is from your neck of the woods.† Trump
Comment icon #18 Posted by starchild565 on 16 February, 2017, 15:15
Their†grand-daughters are in scouts with my daughters. We've met Wild Thing several times and he's pretty cool.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Codenwarra on 26 February, 2017, 2:43
Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam And I'll show you a house full of - - - - manure.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI