Thursday, July 27, 2017

UFO drama 'Blue Book' inspired by real events

Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 | Comment icon 5 comments

The series will focus on Project Blue Book. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Gerhard Uhlhorn
'Back to the Future' director Robert Zemeckis will be producing a new TV series about Project Blue Book.
The science-fiction series, which is set to air on 'History' (formerly 'The History Channel'), will be the latest attempt to combine a TV drama with real-life events relating to the UFO phenomenon.

The actual Project Blue Book was an in-depth study of unidentified flying objects carried out by the US Air Force in the 1950s and 1960s. Its goal was to determine whether or not UFOs were a threat to the United States while also scientifically analyzing all known data about the phenomenon.

Little is currently known about the specific plot and setting of the new series but it is believed to center around a college professor who becomes involved in the investigation of UFOs.

"Rarely have I been associated with a project that is a perfect fusion of historical fact and extraordinary entertainment," said Zemeckis.

"We are grateful for A+E Studios' and History's support for what I know will be a fabulous series."

Source: Sciencefiction.com | Comments (5)

Tags: Project Blue Book, UFO

Comment icon #1 Posted by keithisco on 29 May, 2017, 17:21
"Project U.F.O." already did this 1978 to 1979 for 2 series. Pretty good series as I recall-must try t get it on my Android box Wiki Link:
Comment icon #2 Posted by highdesert50 on 31 May, 2017, 1:12
I would enjoy seeing systematic qualitative analysis of these reportings using modern software tools. We might gain insight as to the sightings but also the behaviors of the individuals experiencing these phenomena.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Calibeliever on 31 May, 2017, 18:58
I've said for years that I'm just as interested in "why" so many people believe in E.T.s as whether or not they exist. It's not a new phenomenon, historically large numbers of humans have believed in all sorts of mythical creatures (faeries, etc).
Comment icon #4 Posted by omni9 on 1 June, 2017, 2:17
Interesting Yet when the many thousands of files on UFOs are presented to the public , manyare redacted . One wonders why ? Why these files even exist in the first place , should make you think of why they do .
Comment icon #5 Posted by Calibeliever on 1 June, 2017, 13:12
I wonder if it isn't a chicken/egg thing too. When documents are released that contain redacted information, it's human nature to want to fill in the blanks with their imagination. I'm not making a case for or against E.T.s, I just find the idea that so many people believe it with little/no tangible evidence fascinating. The same with ghosts, magic, etc.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI