Thursday, July 27, 2017

New 'thylacine' trail camera footage released

Posted on Wednesday, 14 June, 2017 | Comment icon 19 comments

What animal is this ? Image Credit: YouTube / Thylacine Awareness Group of Australia
The Thylacine Awareness Group of Australia has uploaded a new video clip to its YouTube channel.
The group, which believes that the thylacine ( or Tasmianian tiger ) continues to survive to this day despite being officially declared extinct in the 1980s, has released several videos over the last few months showing what some people believe to be evidence that the species is alive and well.

This latest video, which was uploaded two days ago, shows an animal with distinctive black stripes moving around on the left side of the frame for around two minutes.

Sadly though, the animal is never fully shown, making it very difficult to identify.

While it is certainly possible that the video shows a Tasmanian Tiger surviving in the wild, the creature is unfortunately far more likely to be an Eastern Barred Bandicoot or similar species.

Source: YouTube | Comments (19)

Tags: Thylacine, Tasmanian Tiger

Comment icon #10 Posted by MysteryMike on 15 June, 2017, 0:30
Fake as always, why is that every time there's sightings of live Tasmanian Tigers, they're so out of focus...
Comment icon #11 Posted by Ozfactor on 15 June, 2017, 0:50
The shadow of the striped animal does not look right against the stems of the bushes, it looks like a shadow on a wall and the wall has a print of a bush scene on it . I couldn't see one blade of grass moving , the only thing that moves is the striped animal that moves strangely, almost like it is being held and moved around so only the back end remains visible.
Comment icon #12 Posted by S I N on 15 June, 2017, 2:00
at 1:42 i can see a tail flik like a cat that is cleaning itself
Comment icon #13 Posted by b0wn on 15 June, 2017, 6:40
It's a backdrop for crying out loud.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Myles on 15 June, 2017, 11:34
I noticed that too. The rest of the scenery seems too still. I assume this is supposed to be the night vision, however it does not look like the night vision I see on my trail cam or others. I may be wrong though. I'm not a trail cam expert. If not night vision, why would it be black and white?
Comment icon #15 Posted by paperdyer on 15 June, 2017, 16:53
15 minutes of fame.Today's mental state/egos make people to need instant gratification. Otherwise would Facebook, Twitter and other similar sites exist and be so successful? . Facebook was a great concept, but with any other good idea the "Hey look what I can do!" or "Aren't my kids cute?" shares are most prevalent.If we stop watch them, they will just go away, hopefully quietly.
Comment icon #16 Posted by oldrover on 15 June, 2017, 17:20
Not this one. He's trouble. I'm not sure if it'd be OK to mention the detailshere as none of the other parties post here, but this chap has been very naughty recently. It's the same guy who was posting up the fox videos last year.He had his 15 minutes then, now it's waning and he's not taking it very well.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Myles on 15 June, 2017, 17:46
I don't really mind. I'd rather sift through the crap than to not have a potentially real video posted.
Comment icon #18 Posted by oldrover on 15 June, 2017, 18:43
Cryptozoology is mostly crap, but it's still valuable.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Hammerclaw on 15 June, 2017, 22:11
A,striped bandicoot.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI