Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hairless husky photograph goes viral online

Posted on Saturday, 17 June, 2017 | Comment icon 12 comments
A bizarre photo of a husky with most of its hair shaved off has left many people scratching their heads.
The peculiar image was posted on Twitter last week by the user OmonaKami with the caption: "If you've never seen a husky with absolutely no body hair then here you go. Enjoy."

The poor dog, which can be seen sitting on a table, appears to have had all of its hair removed below the neck, making its head look strangely disproportional to the rest of its body.

It remains unclear why the husky had been shaved or why its head had been left alone.

Whatever the case, the result certainly looks strange.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (12)

Tags: Husky, Viral

Comment icon #3 Posted by markiss666 on 18 June, 2017, 2:06
It still has hair on it's tail also
Comment icon #4 Posted by Gary Meadows on 18 June, 2017, 9:54
The things that go viral are getting less and less interesting.
Comment icon #5 Posted by geraldnewfie on 18 June, 2017, 13:37
YOU NEVER SHAVE A HUSKY!! they got a second layer to protect from the sun and insects, people dont have any sense anymore
Comment icon #6 Posted by Timonthy on 19 June, 2017, 0:33
It is probably medically related going by what's in the photo.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Princess Serenity on 19 June, 2017, 20:14
It doesn't appear that the dog is in any pain. I don't understand why people are claiming its "abuse." I don't think shaving a dog is abusive. =/ I don't understand people.
Comment icon #8 Posted by travelnjones on 19 June, 2017, 23:15
Some dogs, its fine. Huskies it's very much not, and you will want to because they shed terribly. As said their second coat shouldn't be cut. Its a shield for them.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Future ghost on 20 June, 2017, 22:57
Like travelnjones said, with some dogs it's ok, but breeds with a double coat shouldn't be shaved since their coats are what protects them from the elements. Without it they can sunburn, overheat, freeze, etc., and their coats will probably grow back less attractive than it used to be. The setting looks to be at a vet or groomer, so it was probably necessary, poor thing.
Comment icon #10 Posted by geraldnewfie on 24 June, 2017, 13:19
yeah certain breeds you can but husky for one you shouldnt!
Comment icon #11 Posted by KNash on 24 June, 2017, 22:55
I have a husky and I don't think she'd be this skinny if I shaved her. That being said, I wouldn't shave her either because she has a double-coat and it may not grow back properly. I had a neighbor who shaved his malamute and that poor dog's hair never grew back. His fur looked like Einstein's hair, wirey and white.
Comment icon #12 Posted by bmk1245 on 25 June, 2017, 9:50
I wonder, if cut finger(s) (pinky) of that dog owner(s), would it be hilarious and worth Instagram? Some dog owners deserve to be beaten to the pulp.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI