Sunday, December 17, 2017

Man spooks family with haunted doll collection

Posted on Friday, 14 July, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments

Many of the dolls are said to be possessed by spirits. Image Credit: sxc.hu
63-year-old Barry Collingswood has a collection that is bound to give just about anyone the creeps.
A full-time carer for his wife who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis, Barry's obsession with collecting china dolls began last November when one of them caught his eye in a local charity shop.

He now has a room filled with 30 creepy old dolls and maintains that most of them are haunted.

"I wasn't the sort of person to buy dolls and I never had done before but I went into an old shop and thought: 'Oh, that's a very nice old doll' only to be offered two more for free," he said.

Unsurprisingly however, his young son Josh finds the whole thing a little disturbing and is looking forward to moving out to live with one of his friends in the near future.

"It will be nice to be in a house where there aren't haunted dolls watching me," he said. "During the daytime the dolls aren't so bad but at night the mood in the house turns completely."

"I don't think all of them are haunted but I do get quite creepy feelings from them and I sometimes feel as though they're watching me when I'm home alone."

Source: Story Trender | Comments (26)

Tags: Haunted, Dolls, Ghosts

Comment icon #17 Posted by Black Monk on 16 July, 2017, 11:16
There's no way I'd have so many haunted dolls in my home. One would be bad enough.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Matt221 on 16 July, 2017, 16:38
Freaky porcelain headed dolls thempierrot dolls and bloody clowns I wouldn't entertain even one crossing my threshold the're pure evil
Comment icon #19 Posted by Kurzweil on 18 July, 2017, 6:12
Growing up i had a bozo the clown puppet. It was awesome to do childish act shows for family and friends...and then i saw poltergeist. That clown took on a new image after that and completely ruined my sleeping schedule. But I'm all better now..
Comment icon #20 Posted by Farmer77 on 18 July, 2017, 6:41
For some reason that conjured up images of you doing some kind of spell as you ritualistically burned the puppet in question
Comment icon #21 Posted by AustinHinton on 24 July, 2017, 23:29
Not any more unusual than grown men who collect pastel-colored toy ponies.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Astra. on 24 July, 2017, 23:36
Aww....do you do that as a hobby Austin?
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 25 July, 2017, 2:09
No, ain't no bronie! I collect toy robots.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Astra. on 25 July, 2017, 3:14
Lol...oh ok...robots are kinda cool. I've sort ofconjured this image up in my head.... Speaking of collections,I like to collect shells off the beach...and also these little guys. Seriously, I can't resist them...
Comment icon #25 Posted by Jade7 on 25 July, 2017, 11:21
This reminds me have you ever looked at the ebay listings for haunted dolls? I do it sometimes because I find it interesting. Most of them are most likely fake but some of them have such eerie deions ( demonic etc) I wonder why anyone would want to chance buying them.
Comment icon #26 Posted by AustinHinton on 26 July, 2017, 1:15
For the novelty of having a haunted object, of course.

Footage of US nuclear tests published online
12-16-2017
The 62 newly declassified videos show nuclear bomb experiments being conducted between 1945 and 1962.
'Extinct' mammal found alive in Australia
12-16-2017
The crest-tailed mulgara - a small carnivorous marsupial - was thought to have died out a century ago.
Glowing trees could replace street lights
12-16-2017
By embedding nanoparticles in leaves, scientists at MIT have created plants that glow in the dark.
Hurricane Harvey dropped 127bn tons of rain
12-15-2017
Scientists have managed to weigh how much water fell on Texas during the hurricane back in August.
Slow motion wrecking ball
Posted 12-16-2017 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys record the destruction of a vehicle using a 9000lb wrecking ball.

Einstein's brain
Posted 12-13-2017 | 0 comments
After he died, legendary physicist Albert Einstein's brain was preserved for study.

Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 1 comment
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom