Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Someone is on my bed

Posted on 5-4-2017 | Comment icon 6 comments

By: Not afraid anymore | Location: Indianapolis

One night I wasn't asleep or tired or anything, but I had to get up early in the morning, so I went to bed. I turn my fan on as usual and lay down, I turn over so the fan doesn't blow in my face. I'm the only one in my apartment.

As soon as I turn over, I feel someone sit on the edge of my bed, I thought I'm just imagining this, and then I felt them get up and scoot up closer to the head of the bed, I thought OMG what do I do ?

They again got off the bed and sat right where my arm was, I never looked to see what or who it was, I was to scared, but I remember something my grandmother told me, her mom saw a ghost once and said what in Jesus name do you want and it left.

So without looking, I said, what in Jesus name do you want? And I felt it get off of the bed and it was gone. Thank you grandma for telling me what to do.

Comments (6)

<< Previous story
Being told

Comment icon #1 Posted by sestra15 on 17 May, 2017, 17:53
Like you, I sleep with a fan too, alone in my small apartment. I have french doors to my bedroom and usually left them open. One night, I had such a vivid dream (had to be a dream) that felt so real. I man was hovering over me as I lay on my side. I could feel his breath. I told myself, if I don't move and its not real, he'll go away. But I kicked out, waking myself. This was the worst dream I have ever had to the point I now lock my bedroom door. Not pleasant in summer. You may have had a dream that seemed real due to it being so vivid. Still scary though.
Comment icon #2 Posted by BarnCat68 on 17 May, 2017, 18:14
I know what you mean about fans, especially†if you mean the small portable kind.† Sometimes I have as many as 3 fans running at night (one is overhead), as much for the soothing effect of white noise as anything.† I tend to†credit the fans with a†lot of creepy†night-time occurrences such as†sensations of a hand touching my arm, whispering in my ear,†or a 'moth wing' effect over my face.† Those dreams of a shadowman entering the bedroom and touching me or whispering in my ear happen about once a week.† I've been having them for about 10 years steadily, and although it's disruptive to my sleepin... [More]
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 17 May, 2017, 18:59
Nice little story for the stories section.† Just got to ask why people who think they have seen or felt a ghost, bring religion into it, if the alleged ghost was not religious then the alleged ghost would not care what you say. †Why would you even think the alleged ghost would be affected by your religious beliefs? The belief in Jesus and his "powers" does not affect those who do not believe in him or his powers. It just does not work that way. If according to certain religious, the dead†go†to heaven, then why are they still †hanging around on Earth?† † † † So without looking, I said, what in ... [More]
Comment icon #4 Posted by MyOtherAccount on 23 May, 2017, 3:56
Sleep paralysis†(SP) The above link talks about a state of sleep named sleep paralysis. (you may enjoy reading the book, "The Promise of Sleep"--There is a lot more to sleep than anyone of us thinks!!!). I have fallen into this state maybe two or three times in my life. Some people fall into it as often as weekly. Anytime you hear or read about a person being in bed and they feel like someone is pressing down on the, heard to breath, bed shaking, bed levitating, seeing another person in their bedroom or closet, unable to speak, paralyzed, etc. it is almost always from being†in the state of SP.... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by IronLex on 23 May, 2017, 16:53
Hey, I think I might be able to help you.† I've been studying the rake for a while now. He's a cryptic creature (a creature that has not yet been proven to exist). Some examples of this would be bigfoot and the lochness monster. I promise you I wouldn't post anything on any media, but could you by any chance give me some details? I'm pretty sure you saw the rake. The rake is a creature described as a naked man or large, hairless dog. It has greyish skin, and dark, sometimes hollow eyes. It can be very scary to encounter him. He is said to induce nightmares of the creature simply sitting at the... [More]
Comment icon #6 Posted by Krbholmes2017 on 5 June, 2017, 20:51
I have felt this sensation on many occasions and I was not asleep. On another occasion while asleep something slapped my legs very hard which woke me up very startled, I would love to know who or what this is!

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI