In a bizarre accident a woman in New Zealand accidentally managed to glue her lips together.
The peculiar incident occurred when the 64-year-old reached for her dry lip medication while in bed and instead picked up a tube of superglue. She soon found that she was unable to open her mouth at all and was forced to call an ambulance. Dispatchers responding to the call believed she had been gagged because of the limited sounds she was able to make.
"She got up in the middle of the night, in the dark, and grabbed what she thought was the tube of medication," said Senior Sergeant Steve Aitken. "It was an extremely frightening event for her because her breathing was impeded. I've heard of a few other things super-glued, but never lips."
"The 111 call, about midnight yesterday, sparked fears that the 64-year-old from Dunedin was being held captive, but it turned out she had accidentally super-glued her lips together."
View: Full article | Source: Stuff.co.nz
Discuss: View comments (28)