Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the post. But Atlantis existence is not up in the air with educated schoolers and those well versed in Plato and his analogy. No such place has ever been proven to exist at the time or place Plato said it did.
  3. The UK has the worst rate of child alcohol abuse worldwide, and more than half of British children have drunk alcohol by the age of 13, according to a report. The study, one of the largest of its kind by the World Health Organization (WHO), looked at 2021-22 data on 280,000 children aged 11, 13 and 15 from 44 countries who were asked about alcohol, cigarettes and vape usage. The analysis found that the UK had a significant issue with underage alcohol abuse. More than a third of boys (35%) and girls (34%) had drunk alcohol by the age of 11, and by 13, 57% of girls and 50% of boys in England had consumed alcohol – the highest rate of any other country included in the analysis. UK has worst rate of child alcohol consumption in world, report finds | Children | The Guardian
  4. and-then

Rogue's Gallery III

Is that gorgeous brunette your wife?
  5. A TikTok ban in the US could have a "potentially devastating" impact on some UK businesses, online traders are warning. President Biden has signed into law a bill that gives TikTok's Chinese owner, ByteDance, nine months to sell its stake in the app or it will be blocked in the US. TikTok has said it will challenge this in court. Some 1.5 million UK businesses operate on the app, according to TikTok. Isobel Perl, founder of Perl Cosmetics in London, is worried about the possible impact of a ban as a quarter of her sales now come from the US. UK businesses to suffer if TikTok banned in the US - BBC News
  6. I just wanted to share some thoughts on the current evil in the middle east. The irreducible cause is the hatred of a people who have proven they belong to God. They've survived well over 3000 years with a distinct, relatively unchanged culture and belief system and they did that by remaining true to their God and His rules for them. The fact that they are His "Chosen" does not mean they are morally, intellectually, or somehow physically superior to the rest of creation. They were Chosen because of faith in ONE true God. They have maintained that tradition against all odds and enemies for over 3000 years. We are seeing just the latest manifestation of the world's extreme hatred for them. It's the same ancient hatred, and those who scream against them and foment lies and libels today, are simply doing the same thing their ancestors did. The reality is that every nation and people who have ever made it their business to destroy the Jews, have faltered and failed and most of them have disappeared into the dust of history. My prediction of how Gaza changes over time, is simple. Israel will destroy Hamas as an organized fighting or governing force. The remnants of Hamas will then disperse among the "innocent civilians" that support them and they will continue to launch rockets and to kill soldiers and Israeli civilians as often and as many as possible. The world will call this an Israel defeat. To achieve the destruction of these demons in Gaza, the IDF will bleed but the truth is that so long as Jews inhabit the land, they are NEVER DEFEATED. They will never be wholly removed from the land again. Ultimately, the God of Jacob will sanctify Himself in the eyes of all of the world when He returns to defeat the enemies of His people and restore them to ALL THE LAND He promised them so long ago. This is my belief and I pray for the peace of Jerusalem that will herald His return.
  7. If it is blurry and out of focus it must be true?
  8. NASA's next mission: Searching for the Loch Ness Monster from space! They'll be using satellite images to track down Nessie's underwater hideout.
  9. Maybe it's a portal to the parallel universe where shopping carts roam free and escalators only go up.
  10. Bigfoot? Oh, he's probably just on vacation, hanging out in the woods, playing hide and seek with the paparazzi.
  11. the13bats

An unusual dream

I am sorry I can't shine insite on your specific dream I do recognize Joc as being a guru on the dream subject, In my case the last few years have been super stressful depressing and draining, I left here a year just been back a few weeks, I have some really mucked up dreams that would be hard to explain in type, not really nightmares maybe say like my brain is a old record player with the needle skipping, sure can't get peaceful rest. I don't think it's malevolent entities as I don't believe in that stuff and if it's my brain trying to work something out then it's doing a p*** poor job, frankly I think it's at least in part just due to life. Maybe every dream isn't a message maybe some are just random bits and pieces. Who knows?
  12. The existence of Atlantis is up in the air among historians, archaeologists, and mythologists. PS glad this one worked, (impossible to confirm my email in AUstralia due to my recovery email mobile number area code being different). Will be going back to the US as soon as airport security cools down after the knife attack in Sydey.
  13. and-then

80's One Hit Wonders

I counted 6 that I didn't know.
  14. Hammerclaw

Revisiting God Constructs

They don't hold a candle to the JWs. The people they brainwash are a pathetic lot.
  15. But there are also addictions related to smoking and alcoholism. In India, cigarettes came about for the first time in the market in the early part of the twentieth century. Cigarettes were generally seen as vulgar and hence it did not have much sales. Then a couple of ads with models came up showing that those who smoke are virile and stylish and charming. The sales of cigarettes immediately rose sky high and subsequently so did cancer rates and lung diseases as well, causing thousands of deaths and increasing the burden on the healthcare system substantially. Even the famous 'Marlboro Man' who had served as a model for cigarette ads died of cancer. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA0R049/ https://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-marlboro-men-20140127-story.html Looking after one's needs and satisfying them is easy but keeping up with the affluent neighbors will be a hard task which means one has to be in the hamster mill toiling endlessly . The affluent is often a role model for the masses and they measure themselves not just by being able to satisfy their needs but also their desires usually instilled by social conditioning. Watching the billionaires and affluent public figures, everyone strives to have a mansion, private jet, private island and superyacht for themselves. This obviously is bound to create a conflict in the human system because of the limited nature of means and unlimited nature of desires. Capitalism is essentially competitive in nature, and there cannot be many winners and a few losers, and the reverse is often true. There are plenty of businesses that has gone broke while pursuing the dream of being a billionaire or multi-millionaire. Loans and credit taken also ends up as bankruptors. The capitalist model is also designed to serve rich entrepreneurs than poor ones. Walmart stores resulted in many relatively poorer businessmen having to close shop as they could not compete with the larger scale of efficiency Walmart has with its lower prices. So this means that the wealth is draining to fewer and fewer pockets or bank accounts. Consequently there is a growing gap between the rich and the poor in the US augmenting social inequality. https://www.auburnvillager.com/opinion/the-yawning-gap-between-the-haves-and-have-nots/article_a5355de2-b16f-11ea-85b4-0b711f75156e.html https://fortune.com/2023/12/28/housing-market-new-era-haves-have-nots-winners-losers-mortgage-rates-home-prices-home-sales/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/04/is-america-divided-between-haves-have-nots-most-people-say-no/ The growing income inequality and gap between haves and have-nots means that it is only a few who benefits from the capitalist model with the vast majority having plenty of conditioned desires but not having the means to fulfill them. And desires unfulfilled are bound to be a source of psychological suffering preventing contentment and happiness, as noted in Greek and Eastern philosophies.
  16. Cameron recently admitted this is a problem caused by leaving the EU. He also pointed out leaving the ECHR wouldn't provide a solution:
  17. Scholar4Truth

What's for dinner?

Looks like Ribs are going to be leftovers.
  18. How could they be landed in France without an agreement with the French or the cooperation of the asylum seekers? Throw men, women and children onto beaches in manacles and then quickly scoot off? The only sensible solution is Starmer's, go after the gangs directly.
  19. I lived in fear of that daily in 2016 to 2020 , i was out right terrifed he would pull something withb a nuke to steal a fair election from the American people. That was almost one of your bullying threats of doom if BOM doesn't get his way, No one stole 2020 BOM had the best attorneys that grifted money could buy and they proved beyond doubt the election was simply an epic loss by BOM the American people were over his utter incompetency and life costing bs. But no, his bent knee minions won't accept it. So I've heard.. Very well said Qnon Powell when hauled into court used a defense to the effect saying no rational person would have believed her , well duh. I recall more than once BOM subjects getting so upset at his constantly failing making them look ridiculous not having any way to defend his incompetence just tantrum out leave the forum then come back tail tucked i recall weeks of threats if tRump couldn't bully his way in what would happen to the country, I saw subjects spew about half this country worship at the marmalade altar, lots of delusional stuff It's really pathetic sad just how deeply emersed in this guy they really are, it's a Messiah kult like worship, I'm worried what kind of melt down they will have when he loses yet again.
  20. Either I accidentally misrepresented what I wanted from you, or you misunderstood my request. Either way, I shall attempt to rectify the mistake. To be clear, I don't care what primary sources you have to back up your claim. I don't care what Aristotle of Athens has to say about anything here. I DO care a little more about what is in "The Journal of Higher Criticism", but only insofar as I want to know the names of the authors and the broad strokes conclusions they arrived at, and why I should believe them over others who have arrived at different conclusions, and perhaps a web link to said articles from The Journal of Higher Criticism. For example, Dr Bart Ehrman, a prominent atheist/agnostic who has devoted his life to New Testament criticism, argues that most people date John to the latest of the four gospels, and outlines part of the reasons why they do this. In part, it's because John is the most theologically advanced of the four gospels, and it would make sense if it was written later that it would be more refined in its concepts. But while it is refined to an extent it is lacking in a lot of theological detail that was spoken of in the early 2nd century by Ignatius, thus it was likely written before Ignatius: I'm not an historian, Doug. I don't have the tools to analyse all these ancient primary sources. If I had access to Ignatius' work, it wouldn't help me understand how historians use it to date John, even as a former Christian with a pretty decent theological background I would be lost as to where to begin with what 1st-2nd Century Christians leaders were writing about, let alone understanding the differences between these "Christological heresies that are in evidence". But having an article like the one I linked is much easier to grasp for a normie like myself. Which is why I want to see a list of experts who have argued the same as you have, that way I can go and see their website and read their arguments. There is a lot of leeway for argument here, even Bart Ehrman has said several times through his article that dating the gospels isn't exact and there's a wide variety of disagreement. Thus knowing how widespread a view is in academia goes a long way to deciding for normies like myself whether to trust them - otherwise that would apply to any historical topic, and for example I might believe without evidence that Jesus is a copycat saviour from Mithras and Dionysius and Osiris and the like, as argued by the historical hack known as Acharya S (from the famous Zeitgeist documentary, and her book "The Christ Conspiracy", among others). Without the understanding of ancient history that people like Ehrman do, I must rely on the academic consensus, or else I might just find myself believing Acharya S is as valid as Bart Ehrman in approaching any historical study of the gospels. I hope this clarifies my question, thanks. Edit: I've noticed that the quoted article mentioned John but didn't really discuss Matthew/Mark in any detail. From Ehrman's other discussions on the topic: It seems weird that Mark and Matthew would be dated to 132-135 AD when "Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp of Smyrna do seem to know some of the Gospels" (110-115 AD). ~ Link (formerly PA)
  21. Bendy Demon

An unusual dream

Hmmm....that is a very interesting angle that I had not considered; it is true I find certain belief systems interesting such as Buddhism, Shintoism and to some degree Hinduism so I may have to contemplate that aspect. Thank You I am puzzled by the analysis regarding Kali as Kali is a destroyer but then again she is also known for other aspects plus she also seems to have 12 forms as well (I just learned this) but if the man was to represent my soul then why would it manifest as something outside of myself? Anyways I really appreciate the different perspectives on this. It gives me something else to consider. Thank You
  22. It would be impossible to do as we already have a shortage of prisons for our own domestic prisoners. There was an outcry a year or so ago as prisoners were being released early and people convicted of serious crimes (rape, assaults, etc) were getting deferred or suspended sentences as they could not be incarcerated. Image the public outcry if, instead of building schools, homes and hospitals, the govt diverted the money to build prisons especially for asylum seekers. There is enough of an outcry over hotels being used.
  23. Today
  24. Trump lost to a virus, and his evil indifference, to it.
  25. Some fishermen just dropped their high dollar LED flashlight.
  1. Load more activity