Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I'd say it's sad, but at the same time inspirational, since it gives us hope for a better future.
  3. If the number of claims pre-election are anything to go by -- then I suspect "Trump Affairs" will be a long-running background issue throughout his Presidency. Their only particular relevance to the Russia investigation is if they show that he's open to being blackmailed, and that he's succumbed to such, prior. What goes around, comes around. Politics as usual.
  4. If you're anti gay marriage, then the irony here is stupendous.
  5. the problem is that what was promised by the leave advocates just can't be delivered. they promised that the UK could have its cake and eat it too but thats easier said than done. Johnson and Farage might have played the role of Cambridge Analytica but can they deliver? sadly for those that voted brexit its a case of 'buyer beware.'
  6. This post sums it all up very well. There are institutions dedicated to studying social structure and human psychology, for example the Tavistock Institute. So the whole culture is being shaped with this knowledge. What is going on today and the direction in which the civilization is going is well described in Huxley's and Orwell's books.
  7. Would be more impressed with adults trying to find a workable solution since they're the ones making the decisions/choices/laws. It's sad when kids have to tell the adults what to do. cormac
  8. Perhaps for you. What I see are a bunch of people standing behind kids to further a political agenda. Young people have every right to protest peacefully, just like all American citizens. What they do NOT have a right to is the veto of the rights of millions of Americans that have not done, nor will DO them any harm. Follow the $. This protest is so full of memes that it would be comical, were the subject matter not so grave. ENFORCE the laws that already exist. Spend the money to make the physical facilities of the schools more secure. Fail to do these things and more needless deaths WILL be in the news. Try to actually take the guns and the bloodletting at schools will pale in comparison to what will be seen around this country. Don't believe it? Let them try.
  9. Which is worse: losing the head or losing the plot?
  10. i think the reasons for a Norway style preliminary agreement, post brexit is one of realism. first the Irish border, second Gibraltar and more importantly the UK economy is unprepared. ask yourself why absolutely no border control work has been done on the Irish border or at Dover, Heathrow or any other entry point to date. The UK is leaving, right? having borders everywhere else but NI only means that brexit can be circumvented. if Britain can't control the borders in NI and Gibraltar then its still in the customs union. this agreement just buy's time for Britain and more importantly May to smack down the small but very vocal leave MP's into a soft brexit. May has 3 months to come up with a workable solution or the next level of trade talks will collapse if she doesn't agree. and possibly this very agreement, too. but it looks like the UK will fold as it has done nothing to reinforce its borders with either legislation or physical measures or even threaten to close the NI and Gibraltar borders. we're talking about border and customs agents, inspection stations and infrastructure needed to enforce UK laws.
  11. Maybe a difference between us is that I am not really psychic and am not a do-it-yourselfer in forming my understanding. I rely heavily on those teachers and traditions I have come to respect like Theosophical and eastern (Vedic) traditions and other psychic sources. I really see these things dovetailing to form a coherent understanding of the beyond the physical.
  12. I share some of John Bolton's deepest convictions, especially these: "Bolton’s opposition to nation-building and humanitarian interventionism was all borne out by events. As the so-called Arab Spring showed — and indeed, as Turkey’s democratic transformation into an Islamic theocracy also demonstrates — American values are not universal values at all. Supporting democratic processes with no concern about the values and culture those processes empower is unwise and irresponsible, and as the rise of Islamist regimes in Gaza, Egypt, Turkey, and beyond make clear, it is also antithetical to American national security interests."
  13. Let me reword that. I am not afraid of any bad woo when handling grave goods and medicine bundle burial sites. The world wide flood is really bad science , really bad. The water trapped in the mantle cannot just spring up. only percolate really slowly. It's inside the rock itself in very tiny bubbles. Like the way water is entrapped in all limestones. Also there is no geological evidence for it. The only evidence is for localized floods. This was probably Noah's Flood
  14. Humour is excellent. I remember Vogons of course and also that part about the worst poetry in the universe.. alot of things really. Great humour is one dimension of the book, but it really as central theme has a sort of opposite spirit towards world as religions do. It begins with the intro at how insignificant earth is in cosmic terms, when main character's house is about to be demolished and earth too because it is in a way for making a cosmic highway. One of the main lines of atheistic thinking is in terms of insignificance of earth as opposed to previous teachings about earth as a center of the universe.
  15. By political theater, I assume you mean that those indictments directly damage the Trump narrative that Russia didn't interfere in the election. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to indict 13 Russians. What they're accused of doing is laid out in the indictments. If your only safeguard against mass data harvesting by the general public is trust -- then I'd argue that the system is flawed by design. Facebook should have anonymized the data, but the issue is that mass data harvesting is pretty much Facebook's own business model. Mostly because Steve Bannon -- Trump's campaign manager -- was on the board of Cambridge Analytica. LONDON — Conservative strategist Stephen K. Bannon oversaw Cambridge Analytica’s early efforts to collect troves of Facebook data as part of an ambitious program to build detailed profiles of millions of American voters, a former employee of the data-science firm said Tuesday. The 2014 effort was part of a high-tech form of voter persuasion touted by the company, which under Bannon identified and tested the power of anti-establishment messages that later would emerge as central themes in President Trump’s campaign speeches, according to Chris Wylie, who left the company at the end of that year. Among the messages tested were “drain the swamp” and “deep state,” he said. Source: Washington Post As I've said before -- I don't believe micro-targeting in and of itself is illegal.
  16. It sums up quite nicely what they're protesting about, doesn't it?
  17. Superstitious: excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings. Ya I would say that fits me to some degree, but not in a fearful way. There is much evidence for many of the worlds Megalithic structures being buried in sediment, and countless stories about the same or similar plot line(s), which means the early people remembered the same event, and many stories say it was the whole world, from their perspective. When you take into account the Hydroplate theory and the evidence for there actually being underground water stores that may be three times that of the ocean, in addition to the realization that in the deepest parts of oceans are literal fountains of Hot toxic water, and you see the evidence of mountains and Monolithic structures having major amounts of erosion, that it is possibly true. The Hebrews and Semetic people claim fountains of the deep shot out water, and this water rained from the clouds after it had evaporated, I.E. Book of Enoch1. So if the Ocean was drammatically smaller in the past, because much of the water was hidden within and under the crust, that these deep fountains were likely part of this flood phenomenon. I have already linked much of what is mentioned here, and I am sure that if you look around yourself you should find more to back this claim.
  18. Haha, well maybe some hold it as such. To me it's just brilliant dead pan humour that simultaneously pokes fun at life, the universe and everything. One of my favourite lines, read from the guide:
  19. I feed the wild birds the same as I do my canaries finches etc it may cost me a little more but I know it's safe they seem to like millet and foriegn finch mix best
  20. The left is extremely upset that Bolton is now the National Security Advisor will soon be even more upset as he has promised to do a deep cleaning on the entire council starting with holdovers from the corrupt Obama administration and any brought in under McMaster. his should go a long way towards stopping some of the leaks we have seen over the last year. Hopefully any of these corrupt officials who leaked classified info will be prosecuted and sent to jail.
  21. There are only so many times I will repeat myself before shrugging my shoulders and walking on. Most of your response here either ignores or misrepresents my arguments, so if I omit anything here, it's simply because I've already answered it and don't care to again. This is absolute utter nonsense. I'm arguing that all people have the individual right to equal opportunity healthcare and education. Under our current system, a person could literally die simply because they were born into poverty and can't pay their medical expenses, so they forego proper treatment. Where is this person's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? In all of the examples I've given thus far, my primary concern has solely been about people's individual rights being protected by law. This isn't about power or dictatorial control, it's about a government actually doing it's intended purpose of protecting the general welfare of it's people. I've already explained this to you, but since this is essentially the core underlying difference between our philosophies, I feel it bears repeating. When people are born into abject poverty, they do not have the same rights as other individuals. They don't have the money to pay any medical expenses, they don't have the money to get a higher education so that they could potentially get ahead, and if they aren't provided a living wage for working full time then they definitely can't get ahead since they don't even make enough money to meet their bare basic necessities like food and utilities. You're pretending that under our current system, Americans somehow already have equal opportunity to acquire wealth, when it's just a flat-out objective fact that they don't. If someone is born into poverty, it's nearly impossible to get ahead. Literally all I'm asking for is to provide basic things that will insure that all people actually have an equal opportunity to get ahead, such as: a minimum wage that's a living wage so that people can afford basic necessities, free college tuition to those who are intelligent and hard-working enough to make the grade, universal healthcare coverage so that people don't go sick or die or go bankrupt simply because they don't have the money, etc. This is not some sort of 'nanny program' as you suggest. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It's simply providing the proper steps necessary to insure that ALL Americans have the equal opportunity to succeed. So government control is bad when it involves providing healthcare, but it's perfectly fine when it involves a police state? The only possible way it could be the cop's fault is if you expect the government to prevent all crimes from ever happening to begin with. I mean seriously, have you ever watched that movie Minority Report? By saying it's the police's fault for not preventing crime from ever occurring basically, you're advocating for the most extreme form of government policing one could imagine. I honestly think you're just being a contrarian at this point. Whatever position is presented by me or the person you've decided you disagree with, you have to take the opposing view just because. Unfortunately you're once again, flat wrong about this. You're acting as though Obamacare was implemented in the hopes of one day instituting single-payer. If that were the case, then they would've just skipped to passing single-payer healthcare coverage. Why the unnecessary stepping stone? Democrats held both the executive and legislative branches, they could've implemented it if they so desired. But they didn't, because they were beholden to the whims of the drug companies that owned them by financing their campaigns. Obamacare was simply a means of tossing breadcrumbs out to the starving masses so as to appease them. Establishment dems in Washington have no desire to implement single-payer, because big pharma who owns them has no desire to since it hurts their bottom line. That's once again, absolutely false. In fact, practically the exact opposite is true. We're spending more on private healthcare then we are under a single-payer system. I doubt you've actually read anything on single-payer however (nor would you most likely understand, or even care to), but nonetheless here's the link to Bernie Sanders' actual proposal: And here is an official ebook brochure on the topic that gives a general overview: booklet-2014-final-pages.pdf You have openly supported torture, murdering the innocent wives and children of terrorists, potentially nuking North Korea thereby murdering literally millions of innocent people, preemptive offensive wars as opposed to wars purely for defense, described the purpose of the military as being 'to destroy our enemies' as opposed to just simply protecting the homeland, and now this. You genuinely believe that we need to quote: "assure that we spend more than the next 15 nations combined (at the minimum)." This is where I with 100% all honestly have no idea how to respond, since I don't know how in the world to appeal to someone who lacks such basic humanity and compassion as this. How do I get someone to care about the general welfare of the American people, when they don't even care about the literally hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in other countries who have died due to our failed and senseless military conquests? I genuinely wonder if I brought up the fact that an 8 year old American girl died in the first military strike ordered by Trump, if you'd even care. How you fail to see the parallels between this and North Korea is unfathomable to me. This isn't me trying to be insulting, I'm just being perfectly honest with you. I don't understand how someone could support something so blatantly morally bankrupt like this. Once again, this crosses the threshold of any mere political disagreements with you, and into the realm of just straight-up moral disagreements. I think I need to do some further research into how exactly to appeal to someone with extreme apathy... There is no rational basis for the claim that their happiness factor is due to a state of blissful ignorance. You're asserting that to be true out of thin air. If you actually read the link I provided, you'd know that there were a number of key factors they used to determine statistically the state of overall happiness, not just simply asking the people if they feel happy. They looked at things such as median income, healthcare, financial security, economic state of the overall country, etc. There were numerous factors involved in determining it. It wasn't just a questionnaire. Pulling some convenient answer out of literal nowhere is not how you make a rational argument. You have to back up your claims on at least something. I believe Trump's campaign rhetoric speaks for itself. Nobody works hard enough to deserve a billion dollars. Nobody. The millionaires and billionaires that run this country are the very definition of corruption. I have no desire to be like them. That has nothing at all to do with the amount of money they own, it has to do with their character, and the fact that for the most case, they didn't earn it. They simply inherited it. Yet once again, you're defending the people screwing you over. I'm beginning to think that we have some sort of mass Stockholm syndrome going on...
  22. I’m definitely with Ph80 on this. The founders laid out a very clear path to war. That process has illegally been subverted. This country has been committing crimes against humanity for decades now. It’s gotten much worse since 9/11, obviously. This was the one thing I was worried about in having a president with no political experience. Though I don’t think he has been as bad as the last two clowns, I don’t think he even realizes how illegal things like that Syrian strike was. In fact the media and the Dems technically could have had him impeached over it. No way they are doing that though, for obvious reasons. I find it scary that the legality of these wars ar even in question. Congress must declare war, unless we are being directly attacked. That is the law, and anything less is illegal. Congress can not just hand that power to the president to bomb anyone he wants, when ever he wants. Rand Paul is 100% right on this. I don’t believe it’s a matter of opinion at all. I’m not ready to completely abandon Trump, but I think his base does no one any favors making light of the mistakes he’s made. Including this train wreck of a spending bill. I’m gonna wait and see what mid terms, and what results from it bring. I don’t think I have a lot of patience left though.
  23. I zoomed in a bit the lips/mouth are exactly where the window frame is and the hair looks like someone's shoulder but that's just the way i see it
  24. I do, but I also have a background in archaeology and geology and because I wasn't a superstitious knucklehead was always pegged for digs by different archaeology firms.
  1. Load more activity