Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. freetoroam

the ark was round?

More like a cheese dome
  3. Helen of Annoy

YOU ARE BANNED (Part 7)

Not banned for yup, I can slide... only it doesn't exactly look cute for non-cephalopod eyes
  4. crystal sage

Irish Origins of Civilization

Nothing that has been found yet.... No... just open to exploring possibilities... Parallel evolution from other parts of the world seems a more likely answer to the Neanderthals, Denisovans and the mysterious “ghost population" then there is the sudden arrival on the scene of https://www.pnas.org/content/112/38/11917 the RH negative crowd... A rare mutation or one that has been bred out? The unique DNA population group that doesn't breed well with any of the other ancient populations. https://www.webmd.com/baby/rh-factor Or have they been around much longer than the 10,000 years or so... but as they rarely breed successfully outside their race... ? linked to red heads ?
  5. Eldorado

Stolen Ethiopian crown returned

"An 18th century church crown stolen from Ethiopia decades ago has been returned from the Netherlands after it was found in a suitcase more than 20 years ago, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed said on Thursday. "The bronze crown is thought to be one of just 20 of its kind in existence. It has depictions of the Christian Holy Trinity as well as Jesus Christ’s disciples." Full short report at Times Live South Africa: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/africa/2020-02-21-ethiopia-receives-stolen-crown-taken-to-the-netherlands-after-two-decades/ At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-51571409 Nice pic at Twitter:
  6. XenoFish

the ark was round?

So a floating saucer huh.
  7. "Owners of wood burners, stoves and open fires will no longer be able to buy coal or wet wood to burn in them, under a ban to be rolled out from next year. "Sales of the two most polluting fuels will be phased out in England to help cut air pollution, the government says. "Bags of logs sold in DIY stores, garden centres and petrol stations often contain wet wood - a type of wood which produces more pollution and smoke. "The public should move to "cleaner alternatives", the government says." Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51581817 And the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/21/house-coal-and-wet-wood-to-be-phased-out-by-2023-to-cut-pollution
  8. acute

acute

Winner, winner,

Fidget spinner.

1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. freetoroam

freetoroam

@acute

Like a knuckle duster?

639fcbed58c6f8fea217a7548e06d958.jpg

3. acute

acute

Like a knuckle duster?

Does it spin?

(...without breaking your fingers)

4. freetoroam

freetoroam

@acute

Yes, but you got to spin with it...without breaking your neck.

9. Helen of Annoy

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

I think my peasant brain can't fully appreciate them in all their glory, but who wouldn't love them on intuitive level?
  10. Helen of Annoy

Mass Shooting Hanau, Germany

Are you aware you sound like you're making excuses for the terrorist, since you're making excuses for the terrorist? The guy wrote that half of his own nation should be removed. Which means your implication there's some form of self-defense in racist right-wing terrorism is crap, since the guy saw the enemy to be exterminated among the people who were as native as he was.
  11. crystal sage

Irish Origins of Civilization

Swinburne...https://www.swinburne.edu.au/ and I haven't gotten as far as my masters as yet... these extras help add depth to the understandings of the genetics of behavioural sciences... we have had to explore the biochemical effects of developmental and evolutionary neurosciences aspects of psychology. I am just finishing my 3rd year.. still have heaps to go. Helps add depth to the various approaches to understanding human behaviour. The exploration of anthropological model also helps with adding dimensions towards Narrative therapy, cultural cognition as well as many other therapies... At present they are opening up to exploring spiritual aspects, expanded consciousness but are still finding it difficult to devise ways to measure these areas for empirical research purposes. Maybe exploring evolutionary anthropology, the history of spirituality religious beliefs, shamanism, might help . https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/neuro.18.004.2009/full https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2894669/
  12. I agree, also if they were looking to truly get it going proper and bring diversity and money my suggestion would be to make a campout music festival.
  13. Bill O'Reilly wrote a good book on this topic: KILLING PATTON There had been several close calls on his life after the combat ceased but prior to his vehicle smash up. The other near misses were very odd in their nature. In one, an allied pilot in a Mustang tried to shoot down the plane he was riding in. I think the guy was a force of nature at that point and his enemies were scared spitless of what he might do, politically, post war.
  14. Today
  15. Mr.Regard

Seasonal depression

I'm really glad you shared all of that, but this quote I found to be important specifically, I don't believe someone else can make you not depressed honestly, your sig other sounds to be in a particularly deep rut, my best advice to you is to be 100 percent honest with him about your feelings to the situation, tell him the burden you feel, and hope he finds his way out and if not re evaluate and chart a course from there, in my experience honesty in entirety has helped most every situation, whether by giving myself clarity of mind or just getting that weight off my chest. But just sitting around and not doing anything to better yourself does no good, and you can't continue to enable such behavior, it's not healthy for anyone and it is not your duty to make him happy, even when I am not working I hustle, I will make shirts and get them sold, because it doesn't really matter if I am depressed life goes on and I'm not dead yet. Honesty in entirety does not clear the way, there is still work, it just clears up the mind and makes me feel like I have room to breath again. You sound like an amazing and devoted person, I hope you find that reciprocation that you deserve.
  16. and then

I think the more pertinent aspect of this atrocity is the way the media tend to frame the attack as something that just occurred in a vacuum, so to speak. Germany has had significant numbers of crimes committed by new immigrants, mostly Islamic, and there seems to be no acknowledgment that these aggressions might motivate disturbed individuals to take "punitive" action. The government just launches on the idea of far-right terror. Ignoring proximate causes helps no one in the long term.
  17. Great Old Man

Mystery pneumonia virus probed in China

actually ROK government makes a church as scapegoat. already lots of infected Chinese wandered in ROK. and government also say that we controlled the disease just before this incident happens. government even recommends not to wearing mask, how crazy it is! now infected people are more than 204 in ROK, just number doubled in one day! situation becomes much worse. I have bought lots of food preparing for pandemic! Even hospital I had visited frequently last year also sealed because infected person visited that hospital.
  18. Helen of Annoy

Kindness

Yes. Which is why only people who want to synchronize their truths can live happily ever after. Not only people whose alliances started as romantic involvement, it's also like that with friendships and family. When you deeply love someone you won't just write their truth off, you'll look into it until you see why it's the truth for that person and from that point on you two can compare own reasons and see what could be your common truth, or agree on the difference and make space for it. That ability to make space for a difference and leave it to exist as different as it is, is one of the signs of true love - it shows that you value the other as much as you do value yourself. You've got no urge to force your truth on the other. But you do have a strong desire to understand the other. But it works only if you really think like that, faking it only generates frustration.
  19. LightAngel

LightAngel

Another young doctor (29 years) has now died of coronavirus.

20. My understanding is that Putin has altered that policy and spoken openly of a lower threshold for using smaller nukes in a conflict. “We have two reasons that would force us to respond using our nuclear weapons. The first is a nuclear attack against us. Or an attack against the Russian Federation using conventional weapons. But in this case, if it’s a threat to the very existence of the Russian state,” he said. This sounds reasonable enough but it's up to him to decide what that threshold would be. Any way you size this up, it gives both sides a false sense of potential advantage for using them and that kind of mindset shouldn't be pursued. His military has been attempting to play power games in the Black Sea and off the U.S. coasts. As reckless as they've been, it's just a matter of time before they kill some sailors or airmen...then what? With an Obama we probably pay the Russians for their damage and quietly bury the dead. With Trump? Maybe we engage surface targets in his fleet and it becomes a tit for tat. Let's just say I have no confidence in the ability of EITHER of them to moderate.
  21. OverSword

Nope. The IRA and Middle East terror are/were ongoing sustained well planned and organized with a clear political goal. This is some dork with a vague vision of supposed race war with what as a goal? Something completely ridiculous like all brown people going home? LOL! This is a lone nut job. Call him a terrorist if you want but you’re giving him way too much credit and painting with too broad a brush.
  22. Dumbledore the Awesome

Dumbledore the Awesome

hello everyone. I'm going to be putting the Cat among the pigeons today. 

1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. freetoroam

freetoroam

Will the pigeons be wearing political hats? Could make a difference to the cats reaction? 

3. Dumbledore the Awesome

Dumbledore the Awesome

You wouldn't **** with one of these would you. 

Image result for pigeon in trump hat]#

4. freetoroam

freetoroam

tenor.gif

23. Sir Wearer of Hats

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

24. Back in the day I was always warning against generalisation, it is tantamount to bigotry. when we pigeon hole people, or classify “type”. All such and such are..... we do ourselves and others a cheap disservice. I suggest if you want to know if conservatives or liberals are happy you have a real life conversation with your real life conservative or liberal friend and ask. Nothing productive is going to come out of this thread.
  25. As far as I know all the tracks lead in the same direction......AWAY FROM THE VOLCANO'S CRATER. Not up towards the crater.The occasional handprints was found alongside the tracks on the cliff face of the volcano. This suggests that the tracks were made by neanderthals who needed to steady themselves as they made the perilous descent down the steep slope. For some reason they were up there at the top of the mountain when the eruption happened. They were descending the volcano to escape the eruption.
  26. Dumbledore the Awesome

Are conservatives happier than liberals?

Conservatives also frequently seem to make themselves happy by giving themselves a warm glow of smugness at their greater wisdom over the naivety and gullibility of those they treat with disdain, namely anyone who doesn't just say that's the way the world is and believe that capitalism was decreed by God as the natural and perfect state of humanity.
  1. Load more activity