Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hankenhunter

What Causes Temper Tantrums?

I'd just like to throw bi-polarism into the mix. I've seen some impressive tantrums due to this ailment.
  3. If it means something to you, you shouldn't ask for outside advice. Let this be your experience alone. Given that this is a subjective experience, you're probably not going to like what we have to say.
  4. Tatetopa

I haven't had a problem with people too much, but I used to get angry at non-cooperative inanimate objects. I vividly remember the last time it happened, I was about 23-24 working at a sawmill after shift trying to repair a log lift. There was a large nut on a very large bolt and I was using a big wrench and a cheater bar with little success.. I heated the nut up with a torch to try to loosen it. The wrench slipped and I hit my knuckles hard on the steel framework. In anger I threw the wrench down. It bounced on the floorboard and into the log pond. . It was the only wrench of that size we had. The boss had gone home, I was alone with nobody to help, but I knew what I had to do. (Not much OSHA oversight back in those days) I put on one of our leaky rubber suits to get into the log pond. The water was cold and about 5' deep. I had to feel around in the sawdust and muck with my toes until I finally found the wrench. That fit of anger cost me half an hour and a cold dunking. In addition to being wet and cold, my hand was throbbing and beginning to swell up. I had to climb back out and finish the job. I do still get angry at non-performing objects but remember that episode and lighten up. That was 40+ years ago and the last tantrum I ever had. .
  5. The Ash Wednesday Bushfires of 1980 happened a week later in the same general area. Makes me wonder if they saw something unusual but forgot a significant event that may have been related to it. Still seems they shoehorned their memories into the Stirling UFO Crash.
  6. RoofGardener

Trump's Republican support is cracking

Yeeeeeesss.... umm... SLIGHT conflict of interests there, perhaps ? He is - after all - planning on running AGAINST Trump in the 2020 presidential election. Obviously, if Trump is impeached beforehand, that improves his odds considerably I've got this vague recollection that the Republican Party was against allowing Trump to stand as a presidential candidate, and it was only the rank-and-file membership that voted him onto the ticket ? Not sure if that is correct. But if it IS, then it suggests that the Republican Party leadership was never very keen on him from day one, and only really threw their support when he won the Primaries and started to look like a real force to be reckoned with ? Durnit... I really want to read that article. Sadly, however, the Fark website forces you to accept over 500 advertising cookies, with no option to opt-out of them, so I won't be visiting their pages again.
  7. bee

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

I had a look at the rest of that link and a quick look to see who that John Pavlovitz is... And he is so up himself and critical of others while presenting himself as the perfect example of humanity (without actually saying that,,,)... his pompous superiority complex is annoying.. in this article it's funny how he describes turning up early to a visit relatives and the people he was visiting quickly grabbing the remote to turn it off Fox News - poor things knew what a judgemental know~it~all he was and knew what was coming..... and it did.... .... they got it in spadefuls... via the article... that guy is an anti Trump, Globalist's dream come true... picture the scene.... poor older relative... .... busted by their sanctimonious family member ....
  8. jmccr8

box life

Hi quiXilver Maybe I'm a little different in the way I see things, at one time I was engaged in a form of conflict with several gov't agencies and someone overheard a conversation with one of their lawyers who thought he could threaten me and I asked him if he didn't like the way I conducted business with him and he said no. So then I explained that if he didn't like the way I did business that he should change his way of doing thing because when this started I had no idea what to do but he was my mentor and taught me how to conduct business by showing me what he did. After his elongated pause for thought he said have a nice day and hung up. There was a person there that had overheard my conversation and having so idea of what I was dealing with was stunned by how I engaged this man and questioned me and I said look they have got me by the balls and they are all sitting around the table with knives in their hands and they can't cut them off because that's all they have to hold on to so they are just keeping them warm for me. jmccr8
  9. So where do illusionist fall in, copperfield for example makes a living putting one over on people this makes him evil? If i toss a hoax out there its not my fault someone is gullible enough to fall for it, Lots of hoaxes are posted on here and lots of true believers buy it hook line and sinker, no matter how much proof its a hoax is presented i dont see anyone much attacking the hoaxer, is that going to be the new trend? Perhaps the lack of evidence and proof didnt ruin paranormal but hasn't helped it either.
  10. Kismit

Anger is the emotion people feel when a boundary they feel is important is crossed. Tantrums happen when people do not feel safe in showing their disappointment or frustration or anger, they either bottle it up until it explodes or they feel they must express it as an explosion to be noticed. These are not healthy expressions of anger and we as a society still treat anger as a bad emotion. it isn't bad, how we express it however is important. We could all do with a little healthy anger management.
  11. the13bats

Edison and the Ghost Machine

Tesla didnt care he was about making stuff happen not the money he died broke in dept and written off as lost it, Edison was very practical in his ideas that why he and tesla parted ways on ac vs dc, Oh yeah, ghost machines doesnt work.
  12. Tatetopa

That was well said. I had a nephew that used tantrums to get what he wanted after his parents divorced. When he got a new step-father, quite a nice guy, who nevertheless would not put up with tantrums he got over them. By 20 my nephew was a pleasant person to be around at family gatherings. I thought my sister-in -law and my nephew were lucky to find this guy.
  13. Bed of chaos

I think a more important question would be why someone's angry? Perhaps its justified? If a wife just discovered husband was cheating would tantrum be inappropriate? Perhaps a tantrum could be the only way to get thru to someone else (who's in the wrong or caused significant problems).
  14. Tatetopa

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

As his supporters will tell you, that is not the way he operates, Basically, he does not trust the US government. He will ask an insider friend like Rudy to do the leg work for him. He doesn't ask for advice or accept advice. He does not have a long term policy, only gut feeling. I don't think that is an impeachable offense, but voters better think about .whether on not they want the government to be run like a small family business.
  15. This has a Chris Styles shag harbor feel to me, style does care much when the alleged object falls but decades later when watching roswell on unsolved mysteries decided to write his own book based on opinions and lacking names, or colabarating documents. So 10 year olds care so some much they jot down time and date of an alleged event yet care so little they dont do any research at the time and call it a "campfire tale" then when they see some other guy claims a craft crashed in his tree with of course zero evidence the brothers are adamant not only did they see it that night decades ago but it had to be alien could not be anything else, I'm tired, boed so ill jump right to "HOGWASH".
  16. Farmer77

I have that same concern about ISIS
  17. I've also heard children say around a group of people that they woke up one mourning and walked into their parents bedroom and said they weren't wearing their pajamas in bed and naked. The parents were obviously red with embarrassment
  18. Tatetopa

He waited for his turn to make that move, but I don't think he was just sitting around waiting for something to happen. He has been working hard in the Middle East for the last year or longer. in Turkey, in Syria, in Saudi Arabia, the Emirates and seemingly Iran, so he has not been idle. I don't really believe that Trump withdrew to please Putin, but the Russians pushed the situation. Will the Kurds now be a Russian asset? Maybe. Once you throw the ball you have to wait while it rolls down the alley to see how many pins you knocked over.
  19. Haven't heard much of him, but I watched a talk once because I enjoy the other person in it. He is certainly cheaper than sleeping pills, and would probably make a good philosopher as they seem to be generally a waste of academic resources. From memory it went something like this... Other Person "Mr. Peterson, you seem to have such a way of bloviation with your irrelevancies and partial relevancies cultivated with 100% pure grade bs and couched in quasi intellectual rhetoric to arrive at some seemingly controversial yet disingenuous conclusions in an effort to promote yourself, that it might be fair to wonder if you can actually distinguish your **** form your elbow"? JP "Well of course, that all depends what you mean by the terms "****" and "elbow"? What did Nietschke have to say on that? There are many references to it historically all through our artwork and if you have read every literary work ever written for every corresponding period to understand the cultural significance and nuance, as I have, it becomes quite obvious. Every ideologue and every doctrine both epistemic and non epistemic confer with Jungian archetypes and it is very clear, even though it might not be to you...everyone believes in god." Other Person "WTF are you on about, are you off yer chops.?" JP "Well of course, that all depends what you mean by the terms "off" and "yer chops". The answer to that is also that everyone believes in god. Though I don't really have time to explain because I can Gish gallop this mofo endlessly if necessary, so you'll simply have to accept it for our discussion to move on." Thankfully he didn't take up science. Lol.
  20. Kismit

US betrays Kurdish Allies

The issues I see opening up could write the sequel to 1984 if I am honest.
  21. Tatetopa

Well, I think if he said he did it in the interest of the country, it would be hard to disprove. Seems like a pretty solid defense.
  22. RAyMO

It is potentially a huge issue. Certainly worth further pondering.
  23. Kismit

I don't know. I can see small problems in other countries with leaders and rich folk emboldened by the idea. And eventually becoming greater world wide problems. I am Not so much laying blame on Donald Trump, just amazed at the lack of foresight in the decision.
  24. Kismit

I can see that would be an issue. Mercenaries choose to get paid to fight for other countries and that is their individual right, wether they do it for the money or belief in a cause they have a say in it. And they are small non Government sanctioned groups at best. Not 1800 Government sanctioned armies. There is a lot more at risk as a future issue geopolitically.
  25. freetoroam

Eyo, New Here.

That is not snarky, it is leaving it up to the op to decide for themselves.
  1. Load more activity