Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jon Ellison

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

Anyways, so far we have the "fraud theory" and the "synchronous, multiple mistake theory". I guess it's up to each individual to draw their own conclusion.
  3. Peter Cox

you whole reply " Scott, it seems like the only alternative explanation so far is that a bunch of folks made exactly the same mistake on a bunch of drawings at about the same time.. It can only be mass hallucination. Hallucinogenic substance abuse by the 19th century British aristocracy. Possibly? Or inbreeding, It might be inbreeding? "
  4. When you're in a crowded theater yelling "FIRE!"
  5. Jon Ellison

What's provocative?
  6. I am very much aware that it is very IMPORTANT to you. That is what makes it so funny and entertaining. "Ignore" ? Why do that? For the last month you have been busy trying to convince GHMB that the full or near complete Nelson's cartouche was covered in plaster deliberately.. So, I wouldn't want to miss the next hilarious brain fart. Now the 'Dynamic Duo'* is back in business together, and you can hold each others... errm... hands, you are bound to come up with lots more brand new exotic BS.! But I get it. You mean please SHUT UP and p*** off....? The new ideas are already starting to flow, so I might try to give you guys some serious working 'dreamin' up ' room.
  7. Jon Ellison

It could have been a coordinated, synchronous mistake accidentally brought about by a well planned and identical multiple mistake. That's not gonna work is it..? I'll try to think of something else.
  8. Glad you finally caught up. Welcome.
  9. And everyone would want to move to Canada. Place would be standing room only. President Swift just sounds awesome. What a great name. People have won for less.
  10. I seldom come to this area of the forum but I'm having bad nerves, can't sleep, still sick and here I am. Years back I was big into the aquarium hobby had too many set up, never exactly had what you described, heres where i tell you i am a cynical skeptic of paranormal yes, i know you arent making those claims but i will go into this mystery same as any, and i assume you arent just making it up, but we have holes to fill. We have a few things to consider, in five hours depending on room temp and area conditions water even say a small bowl for a cat or dog will not evaporate and that's a few oz a hundred gals a different creature, I've seen hard to see cracks leak I've seen things like water siphon back into a filter or air pump and drop the water level, in rare cases drain a tank that not watched, but it left gallons and gallons on the floor, the first hurdle is where the heck is the water going. Now I'm very OCD 5 hours is not a big deal to me if I had a 100 gal tank go empty in 5 hours you bet I would be planted in front of it watching and have my answer then and there, I also think in this case I would be so concerned where that much water went I would dump a bottle or two of food coloring in the water so my old eyes could see it better and know when I find it that's my water, plus when water colored that way dried the color is left behind. Back when I had tanks it was at my old small house I had an adapter to use a garden hose on my kitchen sink to fill tanks I recall it taking 45 mins to an hour, for 100 gal, now consider letting your toilet or kitchen sink overflow for even 30 mins the amount of water on your floor and in 5 hours how much of that mess will be gone? As you see I'm not as concerned with how the water got out as I am where it went, and you tossed in a real curve ball a small hatching tank gained water while your other tank lost water, well I have some thoughts some theories but I'll wait to you reply to my babbling so far.
  11. And all of these states can be overwhelming and life changing, same as experiencing paranormal stuff. I wouldn't say most people, 63% believe in the paranormal and more than half of those believe they have seen something of it but yeah, if I didn't witness it I wouldn't believe or care myself. I'm not into haunted houses as a thing, I've seen and felt things in old and brand new unlived in houses. Things do seem to take up residence in empty homes and buildings, they are easily moved on. It doesn't have to mean anything to you, same as football means nothing to me because I'm not interested in it,
  12. Scott Creighton

I think all that can reasonably be said here is that no one can agree nor can anyone give an answer (let alone a plausible answer) as to why FIVE different men (two of them on a number of occasions) saw something that wasn't there. (I do have an answer btw, but won't be posting it here). I won't accept as a plausible explanation that they ALL saw some ghost shadow, a couple of them seeing it several times. Although, I suppose it would be a ghost shadow because by the time the FIVE men saw this together, according to Perring, it was ALREADY GONE. That STINKS. The usual suspects will, as usual, simply pinch their noses and dunk their collective head in the sand. "Nothing to see here, move along now." But when they eventually raise their head, that STINK around these marks will still be there. Lingering. Unless they can find a means to plausibly explain it. Which no one yet has. If this were a simple "mistake" (as some here bizarrely try to claim) then there's still questions. When was the mistake? Who made the mistake? What mistake, exactly, was made? It might be possible to explain it away as some weird "mistake" but when you have FIVE different groups of signs from five different blocks in those chambers with near identical situations (signs vanishing or appearing), then it begins to look much less like a simple "mistake" and more like a botched cover-up of a premeditated fraud. They made mistakes alright - in covering their screw-ups. SC
  13. Peter Cox

Or or that same bunch of folks at the same time got together and decided to do this intentionally. Or or that bunch of guys all copied from one guy Or or its all a joke Or or its all a mistake So lots of explanations, but picking the most provocative one makes for the best defense.
  14. The university protests are going from bad to worse and becoming increasingly violent. The antisemitic language is getting stronger as is support for Hamas and other terrorist groups like Hezbollah. Student protesters were seen wearing Hamas headbands, carrying Hezbollah flags, as well as Israeli flags riddled with bullet holes.If all that wasn't bad enough, many were shouting their support for what Hamas did on October 7, threatening that more days like that were to come. Here's the latest: Dozens arrested at NYU ‘liberated zone’ as anti-Israel encampments sweep US campuses Clashes broke out between NYPD officers and demonstrators at New York University after police moved in to clear out an anti-Israel “liberated zone” set up by pro-Palestinian protesters late Monday amid reports of “antisemitic incidents,” the latest violence as unrest over the Israel-Hamas war spreads to campuses across the US. https://www.timesofisrael.com/dozens-arrested-at-nyu-as-anti-israel-encampments-sweep-across-us-campuses/
  15. Teenage Indian chess prodigy Gukesh Dommaraju, better known as Gukesh D, became the youngest player to claim the men’s Candidates Tournament in Toronto, Canada on Sunday and in the process will by playing for the world title with the reigning world champion Ding Liren of China at the 2024 World Chess Championship later this year. https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/23/asia/india-teenager-chess-champion-china-intl-hnk-spt/index.html “The Indian earthquake in Toronto is the culmination of the shifting tectonic plates in the chess world,” Kasparov wrote on social media platform X, praising Gukesh for breaking his record of the youngest winner of the Candidates Chess tournament.
  16. heywise guy no you just keep dreaming that you are alone in universe
  17. Today
  18. the13bats

Does anyone here collect Funko Pop's?

Collect them? No, my wife does have them in her collection of toys and collectibles she flips on fb and ebay
  19. Why an I not surprised at this... Activists say Iran used attack on Israel as cover to launch crackdown on dissent at home The same day Iran launched its first-ever direct attack on Israel it embarked on a less-noticed confrontation at home, ordering police in several cities to take to the streets to arrest women accused of flouting its strict Islamic dress code. Iranian authorities insist that their so-called Nour (Light) campaign targets businesses and individuals who defy the hijab law, aiming to respond to demands from devout citizens who are angry about the growing number of unveiled women in public. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/activists-say-iran-used-attack-on-israel-as-cover-to-launch-crackdown-on-dissent-at-home/
  20. the13bats

The automotive thread.

I'm a lifelong gear head, Covid killed my hobby budget but I was doing a body off restore of a 69 Vette , for now the car sleeps in my carriage house waiting for me to get at it again.
  21. No thanks buds Canada currently has a woman Prime Minister and it's 24/7 drama.
  22. Jon Ellison

Scott, it seems like the only alternative explanation so far is that a bunch of folks made exactly the same mistake on a bunch of drawings at about the same time.. It can only be mass hallucination. Hallucinogenic substance abuse by the 19th century British aristocracy. Possibly? Or inbreeding, It might be inbreeding?
  23. the13bats

Trump to announce 2024 run

Ah, yes, however in theory if OJ could dodge the murder conviction yet bigly loose the civil trial then would it really take much to bring a class action suit against BOM, I could see a bored attorney put out a net asking for those who lost family because of incompetent covid response from a failure POTUS to sign up, Likely he would slime out of it by crying he did what he thought was best but it's known that's not the case.
  24. Ajay0

An unusual dream

This could relate to past lives, and may have some symbolic value. The symbolism may relate to the conflicts in the world at the moment. You may have prayed to them in a past life, and the bond created thus could be providing insights at present. The mind purified by prayer or mediation or other spiritual exercises, is a source of intuition that can guide you better in this regard.
  1. Load more activity