Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

I don't think this applies to poverty stricken countries. 95% of the folks I've donated to pay back the loan.
  3. But that to an extent is the point I am making - you attend with the mind of someone who will debate, who will accept new information, and who will accept the speakers right to hold views opposing yours. You attend probably in full knowledge that you will not accept the others viewpoint, and that you will argue your viewpoint in a adult manner - What you are not doing is going to engender conflict.
  4. Critically ill man is former Russian spy

oh --- forgot to say cheers for that ...
  5. Donald Trump set to visit UK this summer

I admire him for being willing to stand and take the abuse. Not every person will do that. Though I'm sure he'll give as good (or better) than he gets. Hopefully it won't break relations between us
  6. Worrisome Event At Law School

Oh and his Youtube channel which funnily enough proves my point. Because he already is doing what I said.
  7. Critically ill man is former Russian spy

re the Guardian Article ... Jeremy Corbyn is mentioned and again is one of the few politicians (IMO) making sensible comments... when so many of them appear to have lost their minds and all sense of reason in the ongoing whirlpool of negative spin and corrosive anti Russia propaganda...sucking the country down into a warmongering state of mind.... looks like we've got our own London ''swamp'' that needs draining like the Washington one over the Pond.... the polluted Whitehall Whirlpool dragging us down into the abyss of war.... Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has called for “a shift from the rhetoric of endless confrontation with Russia”, believing that it “could also help lower the temperature and make a UN consensus for multilateral action to end Syria’s agony more likely”. amen to that
  8. Worrisome Event At Law School

I disagree. I have found that even if I am diametrically opposed to another's viewpoint, I still can find something in the presentation that rings true. Opinions can be changed incrementally, you know? Civil discourse is the mark of a civilized culture. Between adults, respect often begets respect. It's worth an attempt, anyway.
  9. Worrisome Event At Law School

No actually his bio on his Prof page at the school, Josh is an Associate Professor of Law at the South Texas College of Law Houston who specializes in constitutional law, the United States Supreme Court, and the intersection of law and technology. Josh is the author of the critically acclaimed Unprecedented: The Constitutional Challenge to Obamacare. Josh was selected by Forbes Magazine for the “30 Under 30” in Law and Policy. Josh has testified before the House Judiciary Committee on the constitutionality of executive action on immigration. He is an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute. Josh is the founder and President of the Harlan Institute, the founder of FantasySCOTUS, the Internet’s Premier Supreme Court Fantasy League, and blogs at JoshBlackman.com. Josh leads the cutting edge of legal analytics as Director of Judicial Research at LexPredict. Josh is the author of over two dozen law review articles, and his commentary has appeared in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, USA Today, L.A. Times, and other national publications. And you know, his recent appearance on Fox News. Might have been a tip off. https://youtu.be/6kAG2362zpg
  10. I find the gender specific batheooms argument redundant when I see unisex bathrooms in small business'. One loo. Means anyone can use it.
  11. Donald Trump set to visit UK this summer

Which of them was supposed to be the War Criminal ? Or was this a "Two-ser"
  12. Today
  13. Critically ill man is former Russian spy

whatever your personal opinions are..... the fact is that UK intelligence, the UK government and our PM has been caught out unequivocally - spreading false information intended to further demonize Russia - aided and abetted by Media outlets... I, too laughed at what 'Ian56789' said about Sky News when he was ON Sky news - because IMO he was absolutely right - and he had the nerve to say it... a priceless moment and I thank him for that - The Guardian, once a respectable newspaper, also ran the story with the false claims... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/19/russia-fake-news-salisbury-poisoning-twitter-bots-uk ironically accusing Russia of spreading fake news... in an article where they spread fake news... quote ~ One bot, @Ian56789, was sending 100 posts a day during a 12-day period from 7 April, and reached 23 million users, before the account was suspended. It focused on claims that the chemical weapons attack on Douma had been falsified, using the hashtag #falseflag. Another, @Partisangirl, reached 61 million users with 2,300 posts over the same 12-day period. 'Partisangirl' hit back saying that the various accusers can't even get their statistics right -
  14. I'm a choking on guffaws ... ~ ~
  15. Donald Trump set to visit UK this summer

why not, the UK Government is well known for entertaining war criminals. Pinochet, the rulers of Saudi Arabia, they've all had tea with the Queen ... And remember when Blair gave a medal to the late lamented Col. Gadaffi?
  16. It would be and it often is - my point was more general than the specific instance - I know nothing of the speaker so my comments aren't directed in anyway at him. They are more of a general statement - not to go to a situation to engender conflict. By all means if you wish to enter into honest debate then do so - but if your purpose is to force your opposing views on someone else - then stay at home - it rarely works to anyone's benefit.
  17. Worrisome Event At Law School

It might be interesting to hear someone else's world view and world experiences? Besides, we're all assuming that he is rabidly rightwing, all because, apparently, he wanted to talk about freedom of expression. Is there anything on the record of anything he might have spoken about before (other than great strings of assumptions) that might reinforce that view?
  18. Sniff sniff hey man I'm not crying I got some dust in my eye. jmccr8
  19. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

Guys, not only we're psychic, we're time travelling too, so may I ask a serious question now? Where're my lotto numbers? Huh? Do you seriously want me to go back to work?
  20. I see that too - but to be honest if I know a guys philosophy is fixed - unlikely to be altered by anything I say - due to differences in background and world experiences - why would I bother go to listen in the first place. He will never come to agree with me and I will never come to agree with him - so just leave it at that. Perhaps to an extent my view is based on a lifetime experience in Northern Ireland where two opposing ideologies clash regularly and never a inch is yielded by either. You can debate till you're blue in the face, but in my experience merely agreeing to disagree is the best outcome that can be achieved. In fact the whole Good Friday agreement is, IMO, based on such a concept (a codified Agreement to Disagree), which to be clear has been mighty beneficial to us since it was established (again IMO). ETA even in that paragraph I have to use the 'IMO' since I am well aware in NI there are those that believe it is an agreement penned by the devil himself - they can think that if they wish - nothing I will say will change their mind.
  21. Worrisome Event At Law School

In many cases, yes, that's the right way to do things. Though there are the select few ideas that aren't even worthy of public debate. The Earth is not flat, climate science is real, torture is wrong, and if you 'disagree' then don't expect anyone to take your delusions seriously enough for rational debate. In these instances I'd recommend not showing up or even giving them the time of day.
  22. Allthough I personally think you do yourself a diservice, if you don't at least listen to the opposing side. I absolutely agree with this statement. The right to free speech is equal to the freedom to choose to listen. The educational facilities are not opening the students minds or allowing them a chance to decide for themselves. Another point of interest is that this generation is more aware of all of the internet information we discuss here. Both Conservative and Liberal, they are far more openly subjected to it than any of us older generation are. They are positioned better than we where to see the world in all of it's reality. They should be given opportunity to decide for themselves. I think though we need to make sure all information sources are held accountable to a veey high level of accuracy. Confessions: I have not read the original article and do not know what reason was given for canceling the talk.
  23. Russia probes kick into high gear

To be honest, she sounds much better than you-know-who. I'm not trying to be mean, she really does. Her sentences are complete and it's very clear what she meant to say. She is also very clear about her profession, which is far more ethical than using her services, then denying it and using any means (including illegal ones) to make that denial more acceptable, if not believable. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but you just gave an advice that equals putting your fingers in your ears, in 'I can't hear you' fashion. It really does look like you are afraid of that, what you're trying not to hear. Which looks like you know there's something wrong in theories you chose to believe in. 'scuse me for disturbing you, but I had some time to spare and a need to tell you that no, it's not hatred. Many people are truly horrified with complete disregard for truth, complete lack of common sense and complete chaos that Trump brought. It is dangerous for everyone, that's why so many non-American people are taking time to bother you. We do not hate you. We do not envy or personally hate Trump. We just seriously believe you're committing suicide and it could kill the rest of us too.
  24. What if our estimated universe age is actually older and the "missing" matter has been sucked into black holes.
  25. Worrisome Event At Law School

OR... listening politely, taking notes and formulating questions that would embarrass the hell out of the speaker without any resort to yelling or namecalling. THAT'S the old-school way of taking down an opponent.
  26. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

@Helen of AnnoyI went back in time and took your advice. ETA is not asking a question ever allowed on this board?
  1. Load more activity