Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't believe you

I disagree, Atheism is simply saying "there is no reason to suppose this thing, so why should we?" Or do you agree we should be agnostic towards the possibility of invisible 200 mile wide cups of coffee orbiting the Sun? Something I think about far more often than I think about the possibility of the existence of an undefined "something" that some argue must exist.
  3. The Legend of Bigfoot

i dont believe any one took marx seriously, peter byrne teamed with him a short time then ditched him.
  4. The American Mafia Today

In letters, Wh!tey Bulger fondly recalled old days, Alcatraz Locked up for life after 16 years on the run, murderous Boston gang boss James "******" Bulger couldn't stand how much the world around him had changed. Prison was nothing like his days at Alcatraz, with its "great view" and clear-cut rules, Bulger said. And the former Irish Catholic stronghold of South Boston he once terrorized was now filled with "rich college kids living in expensive condos." "World has changed ... everything different, even the neighborhood," Bulger wrote to a friend he met in the lockup in newly public letters. Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-******-bulger-fondly-recalled-old-days-alcatraz-135632960.html Colombo family soldier-turned-used-car-salesman gets year in prison for violating parole An ailing Brooklyn Colombo family soldier-turned-used-car-salesman was sentenced Tuesday to a year and a day in prison for violating parole by communicating with other former mobsters. Brooklyn Federal court judge Kiyo Matsumoto handed down the sentence at the behest of Ilario (Fat Larry) Sessa’s attorney James Froccaro, who noted that the mobster wouldn’t be eligible for time off for good behavior unless he was sentenced to at least one day longer than a year. Read more: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-mobster-used-car-salesman-parole-20190219-story.html Mob NJ: The Mafia is still here, tied to Port Newark and the suburbs The Mafia "capo" had an employee problem. “The mutt” — a made member of the Mafia family — had insulted an acting boss and disputed a mobster staffing decision. He “had to meet death,” concluded the reputed caporegime, the Italian term for captain in the underworld. Or at the very least, the mutt had to be maimed. “You just gotta put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life or somebody's gotta get a f----- jar of acid and throw it in his f----- face…” Charles “Beeps” Stango said, according to a March 2015 federal court document alleging crimes by him and other accused members of the DeCavalcante crime family, the New Jersey mob outfit known as an inspiration for "The Sopranos" series on HBO. Read more: https://www.app.com/story/news/investigations/2019/03/28/nj-mob-the-mafia-is-still-here-port-newark-suburbs/3268727002/
  5. General tournament chat

Liquid Gardens, Still Waters and Joc44, please be advised that I have no access to RedHotPawn from my phone and am away from home and my computer until next Wednesday evening. If I am holding things up too much as a result then I will happily forfeit my games - I'm not doing too well anyway and will likely win the wooden spoon.
  6. Funny pseudoscience in the paranormal field

a person doesnt have to be there to supply other possibilities to events, we can come up with possiblities from evidence provided. anyway, this has been ran dry the dead horse is beaten, if you have to say your point was missed and im lost to feel validated and superior enough to move im im fine with that as im done with this topic i hope you can be to, get in that last word if you must.
  7. Mel's hole

This story reminds me of Bob Lazar. All kinds of claims and no proof and not reason/common sense.
  8. Statement by the seller: I agree with the argumentation related to the costs invested. Of course, the object should be in a public museum but until now all museums have the chance to bid on the item and maybe there are some rich people who are willing to buy it and to lend it to museums worldwide, in the same way as arts are lend. Hell, 1B has been collected for a cathedral lately, so where is the ****ing problem with lousy 3M?
  9. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

Quit true hey where's the funny!?!?!?!?! oh reactions right! Misc.: finest thing I ever seen, a super ancient old Swede lady way out in the country and she had several PIECES OF JUNK plywood torn pieces all hanging crookedly on her walls and she said she never cared for frames. I just deleted the page below.. PHEW! another derail OFF THE RAILS ! avoided. *runs off to get more coffee*
  10. I don't believe you

Both ends of the Atheist - Theist spectrum are beliefs and based on faith. Being truly rational is saying we don't know and being truly Agnostic is the nearest thing to a purely logical stance. But alas it's not something I think anyone can truly be, I'm certainly not anyways.
  11. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

How do you know?
  12. Notre-Dame cathedral

13. I see manna from heaven :-P
  14. Place your (pretend) bets..

I think it is.
  15. Church burns down and people see God in the flames. Kinda like when people see Columbine and think those shooters were role models.
  16. Notre-Dame cathedral

I actually feel great, a dumby is shown his place, it's an overwhelmingly great feeling
  17. Every... Single... Time...
  18. Notre-Dame cathedral

oh.....how much money have you donated for its rebuilding? hypocrite
  19. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

Well, yes, I suspect you are the only one, because isn't it just the two of us in here right now and what do I know about framing? The only thing I framed was a photo of cabbage, I kid you not, which I keep instead of family photo on my desk at work and aren't the reactions of people who take a look at it quite amusing?
  20. Notre-Dame cathedral

seems i took your argument away....bet you feel like a real jerk now dont you? it wasnt aliens....or the hunchback....or the devil....it was JUST A FREAKIN FIRE fires happen EVERY DAY....ALL AROUND THE WORLD........hardly an unexplained mystery.......is it?
  21. Place your (pretend) bets..

You're right. He did it to bug you.
  22. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

WOW! I'm on a roll today, two quickie quaint little questions WOOOHOO! #26 Posted 3 hours ago https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/326894-place-your-pretend-bets/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-6717483 * * * Did anyone see that? it was pretty funny. [psssst... teen w/ no phone. YIKES ! ]
  23. Notre-Dame cathedral

all true, however just presence of electrical systems and workers does not mean they are responsible, they may or they may not. investigation will find a cause, and probably report it. i tend to think it was negligence on workers part, you know why i think so, i work in construction, i hire vendors and GC (general contractor) and GC will hire people that somewhat know what needs to be done, in theory, but do not really care, and they pay them little. they screw up lots of things on daily basis, many do not even read English, and can't read instructions on a bag of cement they are mixing, i do not think your construction industry is much different.
  24. Climate Change is a Hoax

I looked up some background information on Patrick Moore. For openers, he says he was a co-founder of Green Peace. Green Peace says he wasn't. He says he left Green Peace in 2006 because "the group had been taken over by sensationalism." That is certainly true. Green Peace has a history of going off on various "environmental" tangents that have nothing to do with climate change. Moore admits that Green Peace and similar organizations did a lot of good, but have now put environment ahead of people. I am poorly-situated to comment on that, but I do recognize that any environmental proposal that doesn't put people near the top of its priorities is going to fail. Moore is a nuclear industry public relations consultant. He has conducted a number of interviews (and made tapes) with the Heartland Institute, a paid environmental misinformation organization ( a shill). He has worked with the mining industry (So have I.), the logging industry (So have I.) and PVC manufacturers (I have not.). Moore and I both have Bachelors of Science degrees in Forest Management. He has a Ph.D. in Ecology (Mine's in Environmental Science), though our degrees are about 30 years apart. Patrick Moore dismisses AOC's Green New Deal. He has a point. Some of it jumps the gun, seeking to implement technologies that aren't even close to being ready for implementation. But then, it's a resolution, not an act. Passing it means very little because it doesn't fund anything, doesn't authorize anything, or - most important - doesn't DO anything. It really is - all politics. Moore claimed that Greenpeace "blackmail" caused The Times of London to reject an ad from his client, the BC Forest Alliance. The Times denied ever receiving the ad and Moore changed his mind about "blackmail." Moore was involved in a PR stunt in which he offered to drink Monsanto's Roundup to prove it was safe, but when challenged by an interviewer to do so, he replied "I'm not stupid." Roundup has since been declared a probable carcinogen by the World Health Organization. Another note here: when I used Roundup commercially back in the early 1970s, I used 1% strength, the recommended dose. It was effective at killing weeds. 3% was considered "concentrated" and not recommended except for wick application - you had to have a special license to buy it. Today, the homeowner can go to the store and buy 10% strength Roundup, no permit or training needed. In 2014 Moore said he "fears a global cooling" and says that US statistics show "no global warming for nearly 18 years." I have a question here: how can US statistics show anything at all about GLOBAL cooling? And in any case, I work with US data: it's getting warmer here. He's just plain wrong. You can read more about Patrick Moore here: https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Patrick_Moore Doug
  25. Question better addressed to the OP experiencer who felt poorly treated. As for me, I hold to my general statement and don’t care to name names.
  26. We certainly have digressed on this topic. And all I was attempting to do was to address a question on the identity of the Timaeus, a pythagorean character in the story of Atlantis. How did we end up with these strings attached to a contest? Well, I was never any good at contests...I have never won one. And If I knew before hand that these discussions are contests of sort, I would never have come forth with any opinions of my own, or others'. I'm throwing in the towel, as they say in other contests. Everything I said here about string theory and the connection with Pythagoras I take back. It's been shown that it's not music to my ear anymore. I kneel to ask for a pardon, and thank all those that have enlightened me of my errors. I was, once again, pretending to be the teacher around here, when in truth I'm not even a student in this hall of higher knowledge, and am but the janitor.
  1. Load more activity