Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How can you tell what is bullship or not ? If you have a template in your head of what is possible ? Lots of people around here seem to think that because something hasn't been pinned down, it can't be real. But that assumes it is just another mundane phenomenon.
  3. Wasn't this already hypothesized or proved that at one point there were penguins as tall as humans. Besides that of course, this news is awesome..
  4. "Netflix is reimagining Elvis Presley as a spy in a brand new animated series. Yes, really. "The streaming giant has announced Agent King, which will depict the King of Rock 'n' Roll as a secret spy who battles the dark forces that threaten America. "All the while, he still continues his day job as a rock star. The announcement comes as the world marks the 42nd anniversary of the star's death." Full monty at the Digital Spy: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a28728900/netflix-animated-elvis-presley-spy-series-agent-king/ And at Forbes mag: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffewing/2019/08/16/netflix-orders-adult-animated-elvis-spy-series-agent-king/#241905b2b59a
  5. Summerin1905

Could Jack have survived 'Titanic' ?

plot twist jack was actually a hallucination created to help rose as her life was crumbling apart as she had no choice.
  6. You can change me. I’ve changed a lot. I used to believe, the believers made me a sceptic. I could change back. I just need more than the regular bullish!t. Edit: ’A telling comment’ lol FFS look through my posting history. You’ve been around long enough to know I don’t just post here to sh!t on believers. Work it out and get back to me if you have anything substantial to offer. Still would be happy to have a drink and chat if we're in the same area.
  7. I don't quite remember the details but I think that when they examined the wreckage they didn't find any indications of it having been shot down. Also, I think the hill they crashed into was missing on the map they had of terrain aboard so they were not aware of there being an obstacle there. However, it might be that I might remember some details incorrectly. However, they also brought up that at least one person much later claimed that he had heard radio communication indicating that somebody intended to shoot down the plane. The corresponding documents are however still classified so it was impossible to get out information whether there is anything to it. Anyway, the examination of the wreckage causes me to believe that it was an accident.
  8. Maybe region blocked? I’m in Australia and don’t generally use a VPN. Sad days. Or, the dark lord is keeping this pertinent information from me!!!!!!
  9. Summerin1905

Summerin1905

Trump more like dump gottem

10. Dauly Mail UK: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7354573/Terrified-parents-claim-theyre-recording-haunting-images-baby-monitors.html Same report at MSN: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/terrified-parents-claim-theyre-recording-haunting-images-on-their-baby-monitors-but-psychology-experts-say-they-are-just-nervous-for-their-newborns/ar-AAFMVtU At "Singular Fortean": https://www.singularfortean.com/news/2019/8/16/pink-and-purple-hued-apparitions-captured-by-parents-on-cocoon-cam-baby-monitor
  11. XenoFish

Is God Real

Is god real or myth? Why is the idea of God so important? That's what I want to know.
  12. Dumbledore the Awesome

"Gay Cake" row goes to European Courts

Would the same argument be able to be used by vegetarians or Vegans?
  13. ExpandMyMind

"Gay Cake" row goes to European Courts

That's no guarantee that during the manufacturing process there would be no contamination of the outside of the packaging. You've never bought meat and had the juice leak out? I know it's happened to me and I know that the outside of packaging is hardly absent of the meat it contains in the first place. I doubt all Muslims would be quite so cautious - I've personally bought bacon from Muslim shop owners on numerous occasions - but to some it would be akin to having a germaphobe-type mentality when it comes to handling pork products.
  14. freetoroam

Crocs have surprisingly thin tooth enamel

Here is a hankie to wipe your eyes
  15. Dumbledore the Awesome

Boris Johnson to become PM

what kind of a democracy is it when you can't choose your leader? Usually when a country doesn't get to choose its leader and has it imposed by the decision of the ruling party, most people would call that a dictatorship.
  16. stevewinn

Boris Johnson to become PM

conspiracy section is over that way ------> through the door marked 'exit'
  17. If you want proof of divine intervention there it is :) I wonder what people of the 18th century would think if they came back and saw all the shaved heads.
  18. RoofGardener

Beneath troubled waters

Yes, I WAS being slightly mischeivous in quoting ISIS, but it is worth noting that the quote in question ... ".. we hate you because you are not muslims..", is sanctioned by both the Koran and the authenticated Hadiths in Sunni theology. As for the "explosion that the muslim faith experienced".. that was mostly down to disillusionment with the secular leaders that emerged in the post-colonial period, and the failure of pan-Arabism. It mostly started in the late 60's and 70's. There is an interesting Wiki article about this ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_revival#Contemporary_revivalism Israel is often used as a rallying cry, but this is pure politics rather than any genuine feeling of support for the Palestinians. Indeed, Palestinians are treated with contempt in most of the Arab world. Where they really ? There where about 700,000 refugees in the original "Nakba". Many of these ended up in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Some went to Jordan and Syria, but the numbers where in the tens of thousands. Hardly a catastrophic burden, especially if rich Arab nations helped out. Except... they didn't. Did you know that the Arab League instructed all Arab states NOT to grant Palestinians citizenship ? In Saudi Arabia, a law was passed in 2004 allowing all foreigners - who had lived in the Kingdom for 10 years - to apply for citizenship ? EXCEPT for Palestinians. In Jordan, a large number of Palesteinians where granted Jordanian citizenship, arising from Jordans annexation of the West Bank up until 1967. These 'citizens' are now being stripped of their Jordanian citizenship - about 40,000 so far, and climbing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_refugees#Refugee_statistics So much, then, for Arab support for "The Palestinians". I'd agree. However, far from "jumping through hoops", the PLO has rejected each and every attempt at peace. For the simple reason that they do not WANT peace. They want the destruction of Israel. You're seriously suggesting that Israel has butchered and raped the citizens of surrounding countries ? Israel has never entered Jordanian territory. It entered the Sinai - then occupied by Egypt - and the Golan Heights (then Syrian territory). Can you give me any examples of rape and butchery ? I don't think you can ? Israel has FREQUENTLY offered to return the Golan Heights in return for a normalisation of relations with Syria. Syria has consistently refused, and maintained its state of war against Israel. It is utterly without precedent for a country that fought a defensive war to discuss return of territory when its opponent - the one that invaded - insists on maintaining that state of war. In regards "nobody attacked more countries"... umm.. I don't think that is true ? Israel has only "attacked" twice. Once in Egypt in 1967 as a pre-emptive strike against the Egyptian military buildup, and once in... umm. can't remember... into Lebannon to suppress attacks by Hezbollah. In contrast, we have the Iran-Iraq war, Iraq-Kuwait invasion, the Palestinian attack on Jordan, the Palestinian destruction of Lebannon, and .. gosh.. if we're going back 100 years.... all SORTS of nations vs the Ottoman Empire, and all SORTS of things during WW2. Then there was the Saudi civil war, and - most recently - the Saudi attacks against Yemen (aided by a whole bunch of Arab states). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_conflicts_in_the_Middle_East Umm.. actually... yes they did. It was called Compiègne. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_of_22_June_1940 . I'm not sure how this relates to the current discussion, however ? I doubt that most Egyptians care one way or the other. Ditto Jordanians, and most of the Arab peninsula. Most muslim countries adopt a pro-forma stance of supporting the Palestinians, and disliking Israel, but I really doubt that their citizens care one way or the other, except when whipped up on Hate Fridays in the mosques. That's very interseting, EoT. And yes.. war IS a funny thing, in the darkest of ways.
  19. Helen of Annoy

{un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

then all will be clear like water gushing out of stone covered with moss
  20. Helen of Annoy

YOU ARE BANNED (Part 7)

Banned for asking for too much.
  21. Helen of Annoy

Dyatlov Pass

If it was tons of ice and snow on top of the corpses, then the scavengers couldn't pick them. You have to blame decomposition only, which is possible since the bodies under the snow drift were found later. Not that the temperatures were high enough, but there... There was just too much protest at the time of the tragedy, for something that seemed normal to the people who lived there. I don't think there's any record about Dyatlov Pass that can be taken as reliable, which is why I don't have an opinion what exactly happened there, but the last impression I would get from it all is that nothing extraordinary happened there.
  22. Today
  23. I have secret images of the UFOs they have there. (VTIC)
  24. Oh sorry, I haven't seen that at all - what did they find in it that made you sway to that way of thinking @fred_mc?
  25. Fancy that huh? If he was indeed killed, it's much easier to see them getting away with it then, than what it is now. Especially without the electronic records kept...how convenient that the official report went missing. Sometimes, I think these govt organisations are either crooked as he!! and think we're a bunch of dopey cattle that eat up anything they feed us, or, they are the most unorganised idiots in existence. edit: I forgot to mention, they're still getting away with things today, just on a more techy scale perhaps! Look at the Epstein scandal, what a pitiful tale they're attempting to feed us and they're expecting us to lap it up as truth too. I'm glad people ask more questions now. Imagine back in 1961, it would've been somewhat taboo to ask a lot of questions. Oh no no, just sit back and "trust" the so called experts. Wow, I sound like a conspiracy theorist.
  26. Dr Steven Hawking makes a very important point. He thinks we should not be in a hurry to make contact, because it could tell them where we are and that may be a very bad day for Earth. It seems that people think an advanced race is going to be benevolent and want to help us. However, it's very possible they may not be, nothing proves this either way but it is a fact that most likely they do not think the same way about things that we do, they didn't grow up in our society. Just like the space movies we grew up watching, everyone no matter how advanced isn't always the good guy. JIMO
  27. After having seen the episode of Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic where this crash is investigated, I would say that I think it was an accident, i.e. I don't think he was murdered.
  1. Load more activity