Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Scholar4Truth

Travel Entry 2: Hawaii

Welcome to part 2 of my travel blog. In this entry I would like to share my time in Hawaii. I lived in Honolulu Hawaii from (1997-1999). One of the things I can say about the island is the scenery. Great beaches, especially Waikiki are a must to visit. The weather is also wonderful year-round, you don't have to worry about cold winters and too much snow (Yes it does snow in Hawaii). The downside however is after a long period of time you start to miss the mainland, think of it as a form of cabin fever and want to leave. But of course, there is also much to do there such as visiting the beaches, attending a luau, it is even home to Dole the well know fruit company, you can visit their factory and watch how the stuff is prepared, and a wonderful restaurant if you're interested you can check out their website here: Pineapple Plantation - Best Attractions in Oahu - Dole Plantation.
  3. So Matthew (whoever he was) wrote them IMO the bigger issue though is that most Christians ignore them. And if anyone today said such things they would demand they be crucified for being liberal wokists
  4. Amateur Astronomers Caught Sungrazing Comet during Solar Eclipse Wide-field photos of the total solar eclipse taken by several astronomers along the path of totality, caught a comet approaching the Sun. Related stories:
  5. You've just crossed over into the TWILIGHT ZONE.
  6. IMO, NOT disciplining them is abuse. They are children and only learn through experience. Parents are totally responsible for the kinds of experience they encounter.
  7. Since there's multiple definitions, you just have to pick. Not all words are direct translations between languages and there are words in one language that have no direct equivalent in others.
  8. Essan

Atlanteans

To be fair, no one prior to the late 20th century knew about the Richat Structure or the Tamanrasset river. Which flowed near by in the same way the Severn flows past London
  9. Yes, I can understand that definition in English but I assume the Greek defines it a bit differently. I've never been any good at digging out such differences. The one certainty is that the world has turned into a multi-polar armed camp with even average citizens prepping themselves to fight their neighbors. I've never seen the like of it and I'm thinking it doesn't get better as long as we have instant contact and communication with each other and choose to reject civility. I'm quite as guilty as the next person on that count but, there we are.
  10. It wasn't so long ago when I had to quit saying "wetbacks" and had to start saying "illegal aliens." Doug
  11. An obvious fake story. Going to the Masters costs way more than a dime....
  12. C L Palmer

The Name of the Beast

Just to be fair, the idea that just because some ideas are newer, they are more correct is also a fallacy. Both appeals are illogical.
  13. The US has already said they will veto this and that a Palestinian state has to be an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians if it is to happen. There are some positive implications you may not have thought about. Israel would be free of responsibility for what happens to Palestinians next. otherwise they are continually criticized for their role. It would force the Arab neighbors to put up aid to the Palestinians or shut up with their crocodile tears. In a Palestinian state if Palestinians are starving and dying it is the Arab neighbors who would be responsible. Arabs countries in the ME have ridden on the Palestinian's backs as a propaganda tool to weaken Israel's power and reputation. That would be done. Countries like Egypt with their own financial troubles would be strapped to help Palestinians. Saudi Arabia could, but they would all bear the responsibility for Palestinian hardship. The shoe would be on the other foot and Israel is quite capable of using that to their advantage.
  14. A nation is a people, a kingdom is a nation and its vassal states.
  15. They now put a cap on the charges, too many stories like you experienced
  16. Tom1200

Atlanteans

Disclaimer: I am not a linguist. This is not legal advice. You cannot sue me for any injury or insanity arising from this post. I found this reference at https://www.worldhistory.org/poseidon/: "Cults to Poseidon date as far back as ... the 15th to 12th century BCE ... It may be that Poseidon was a mix of an indigenous but pre-Greek god with Potis, an Indo-European deity." So I went looking for Potis but this is all I found: e Noun *pótis m master, ruler husband at https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Indo-European/pótis So - not very helpful, no clear indication of a god of that name and no mention of horses. Or earthquakes, for that matter. (Plus an annoying square I can't get rid of.) I read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_mythology which didn't help much. But perhaps that shouldn't surprise us given that PIEL is entirely theoretical: based on intelligent reconstructions and scholarly research, yes, but ultimately unprovable and open to a wide range of interpretations. Of course I'm only using Google, so it's possible this knowledge is being suppressed for nefarious, inexplicable communist reasons. But I'm beginning to understand how ancient deities evolved and morphed over centuries and millennia; and that 'ancient Greek' mythology is actually relatively recent: grandiose tales blending antique mythology with real history and real people. Personally I'm pessimistic that we'll ever know 'the truth', unless archaeologists uncover vast amounts of literature that plugs some of the gaps in our knowledge. But hey! - I'm not a linguist, so please completely ignore this post.
  17. When it happens in a movie it is funny. When it happens in real life like this it is just unpleasant and sad I think.
  18. Matthew 24:6-8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: I've always thought that this verse was unnecessarily repetitive. They seemed synonymous to me but recently I saw a translation that seemed to imply that they are not the same. In fact, this translation would fit today's realities far better. It supposes that countries would be at each other's throats but also that the "ethnos" would be in strife. IOW, there would be discord and strife between people groups and races. Any thoughts from those here who are Bible scholars?
  19. The US has confirmed that it will block the Palestinian effort to obtain full member status at the UN, saying the Palestinian Authority need to undergo significant reforms before it could assume statehood responsibilities. Furthermore, the US Biden administration has long opposed Palestinian efforts to unilaterally secure statehood status, arguing that the goal should be achieved via direct negotiations with Israel. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-confirms-it-will-block-palestinian-effort-to-obtain-full-member-status-at-un/
  20. ‘Allman Brothers’ Rock Legend Dickey Betts Dead at 80 (msn.com) Dickey Betts—guitarist, singer, and songwriter for the Allman Brothers Band—died on Thursday at the age of 80.
  21. Abramelin

Atlanteans

Sorry to all the onlookers. Piney and I have a 'thing' from the past. Piney is ok Jaylemurph is most certainly not. He fooled all the regulars of UM for years... by not EVER showing proof of his expertise. Just bluffing about it.
  22. Very very True, and self reporting is an important tool to help narrow down a diagnosis. On mental health concerns a person should go to a psychiatrist or doctor, period. I meant self care as in stress mgt., sleep, exercise, quality diet, not google diagnosis.
  23. What point are you trying to make exactly?
  24. Abramelin

Atlanteans

You have a link to that? Or anyone else?
  1. Load more activity