Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Synapitc patterns in a computer have been replicated a long time ago. It can't because human consciousness occurs in the bio-mechanical mind by a personality. Not by the brain. How can anyone write a unique and distinct human type of personality, which is super-material and non-mechanical, into a computer program? Yes, the software cannot be written. Personality cannot be written in the software code of a computer eventhough a set list of mechanical responses to its surroundings and situations can. The problem with replicating the human type of consciousness in a machine is tied up in personality (self-hood). That's what cannot be replicated or created because human personality is super- material and non-mechanical. A person is able to be self-conscious and self-realizing because he or she does so, due to the cosmic circumstances of a super-material and non-mechanical personality being imprisoned or indwelt in a human body where in the human mind, consciousness exists. Without human personality, human consciousness cannot exist. No matter what a type of a machine it is in. I have no idea. Maybe you can poke it and tease it with a question like: "Hey, are you awake?"
  3. Actually, another powder dispersal system might be as simple as landing a device on the surface. It consists of a large container of white powder and a low-powered gas blower aimed at the pile from above. After landing, the container opens up and the powder collapses slowly into a low heap. Then you fire up the gas blower, which would disperse the powder in all directions. The effect is intended to mimic the effect of the Apollo lunar module descent engines, which did a very good job of blowing away dust particles directly underneath. Given Bennu's extremely low gravity, it wouldn't take much energy at all to push powder sized particles a couple of hundred metres...
  4. I was mistaken on the judge. I didn't feel any need to specify this was during the prelim as it was still sworn testimony, but in hindsight, I probably should have. My apologies. Nonetheless, the testimony is what it is. The only way for the twine to get around Connor's neck was apparently for his head to deform/liquefy and then reform later. And you believe this? It's not I who has a problem with consistency; it's Dr. Peterson. And since he's one of your key witnesses, your case has a consistency problem. Your questions are practically rhetorical. Someone would frame Scott to avoid being charged with murder themselves, obviously. The twine doesn't demolish the frame at all, unless of course the killer(s) knew how preposterous the State's case was going to be before they dumped the body. You can't produce anything that shows Connor was dumped from Brooks Island, so there's nothing to explain. You're right, there is no logic between the twine and Scott's guilt; that's the entire point! It's not logical to believe Scott dumped a pregnant Laci in the bay, given what we know about the twine. But you acknowledge you can't answer the questions I've posed. Questions that are pertinent to the case. The bottom line is: you can't explain how that twine became knotted tightly within an inch of Connor's neck. Until you can, the State's theory remains implausible.
  5. C ock Lane ghost The C ock Lane ghost was a purported haunting that attracted mass public attention in 1762. The location was a lodging in C ock Lane, a short road adjacent to London's Smithfield market and a few minutes' walk from St Paul's Cathedral. The event centred on three people: William Kent, a usurer from Norfolk; Richard Parsons, a parish clerk; and Parsons' daughter Elizabeth. Following the death during childbirth of Kent's wife, Elizabeth Lynes, he became romantically involved with her sister, Fanny. Canon law prevented the couple from marrying, but they nevertheless moved to London and lodged at the property in C ock Lane, then owned by Parsons. Several accounts of strange knocking sounds and ghostly apparitions were reported, although for the most part they stopped after the couple moved out, but following Fanny's death from smallpox and Kent's successful legal action against Parsons over an outstanding debt, they resumed. Parsons claimed that Fanny's ghost haunted his property and later his daughter. Regular séances were held to determine "Scratching Fanny's" motives; C ock Lane was often made impassable by the throngs of interested bystanders. The Enfield Poltergeist The rasping male voice sent a chill through the room. Hauntingly, it delivered a message from beyond the grave, describing in graphic detail the moment of death. ‘Just before I died, I went blind, and then I had an ’aemorrhage and I fell asleep and I died in the chair in the corner downstairs.’ The eerie voice — which can still be heard on audio tapes today — is purportedly that of Bill Wilkins. The recording was made in Enfield, North London, in the Seventies, several years after his death. Possessed toys aren't just for movies. In the South Shields Poltergeist case, a child's playthings became terrifying objects used to torment a family...
  6. Lets keep our fingers crossed.It would be then we truly begin to make progress in defining our place in the cosmos. I just wish we could be around to witness that happen
  7. For centuries, people who were born blind have been the intellectual curios of philosophers studying consciousness. This is particularly true for those exploring the way our consciousness is effected by our bodies, especially our eyes, which Leonardo da Vinci described as the “window of the soul”. One interesting fallacy is the belief that people born blind have no real idea of colour.
  8. The only thing I can hope for is this list of NRM's shows the fragmentation of existing main religions and how people are moving away from them ..creating there own. They as well would eventually face the same demise and over time, lose credibility and wither away. Religious belief in some form has been driven into humanity for eons. It will take a long time for it to crumble but I believe it will one day..Its a powerful force but we see indications of it weakening now as science progresses. This is all wishful thinking on my part I definitely know what your saying. That security blanket humanity holds onto is not easily shaken
  9. It still is on too many places though. Many still find the afterlife quite a motivator too, which I can't see in a good light. I cant recall a strong history of universities going to war
  10. My Babies.. Loki and Lexi..
  11. And as much proof of it being a living person.
  12. My Girl Lexi...
  13. Hi Walker We know that dolphins don't, can't and likely won't have or will have a religious belief. So what is the strength of your argument here, that you can prove a potential reality with fiction? jmccr8
  14. You are a negative nelly, aren't you. Most of the issues you describe don't seem terribly hard to resolve. 1. Launching hundreds or even thousands of gallons? Well, I think powder would work better, but the mass wouldn't be a major issue. Consider that the Falcon Heavy can launch over 16 tons to Mars, so given the location of the asteroid, that means 16 tons could be sent there too. Assuming only half the spacecraft is "paint" (of whatever sort), that's 8 tons, which is over 2000 of your weird American gallons. So we already have the launch capacity with a single rocket. 2. Have some kind of robot spraying? Well, the effect doesn't have to be perfect. Just make the sun side of the asteroid considerably lighter coloured. So it wouldn't matter if the paint job was a bit blotchy. The reason I think powder would work better is that it could be dispersed from a distance using some sort of low-energy gas-powered process: the powder would drift onto the asteroid at low speed, gradually assisted by the asteroid's minute gravity. 3. Spray the proper side? Are you serious? What exactly leads you to think that a spacecraft intended to be on the sunny side of an asteroid with its business end pointing away from the Sun might end up on the shady side of said asteroid with its business end pointing at the Sun? And even if it did, I fail to see how there'd be any problems moving the spacecraft to the correct position and facing the correct direction. 4. Payload would be MASSIVE? Yeah, no. We already established the Falcon Heavy is already a player in the game. In any case, given that this sort of solution is intended for long term problems, it probably wouldn't be a major issue to launch a second spacecraft. Or a third. 5. Nozzle acting as a booster? Wouldn't be much of a boost though. Remember, you've already said that the spacecraft would be MASSIVE, so the acceleration generated by this thrust would be minute. Plus, remember that time is on our side - it wouldn't matter if the spacecraft took a year to do the painting, so the rate of spraying could be very low. So low that the asteroid's gravity might even be sufficient to cancel it out. And if not, ion thrusters would be sufficient to counteract the thrust of a spray gun. Finally, my idea of a powder-puff system wouldn't even generate any thrust at all.
  15. I think it depends on our approach to the future and how technology shapes the world. Industry builds futures and that brings more help than hardship. We have made some decent strides in science, if that can be applied on wider scales with planning, the next century could change the shape of the planet. We are the first generations to see space travel, global networking, fast travel, the end of diseases like smallpox, philanthropists are few but rising in number, its an open book and I feel there's a glimmer of reason to hope optimistically.
  16. Hi Walker Yes based on the reality of the present. jmccr8
  17. I have an Alaskan Malamute, Loki and a German Shepherd Lexi...
  18. Walker Prove it beyond doubt, you know what the requisite for proof is, scientific documentation. jmccr8
  19. Hi Walker We who? You are expressing you opinion not mine or several others that have stated their position. jmccr8
  20. I feel if you give the TED talk a go you might get a better understanding from listening to him speak about why he thinks militant atheism is a necessary approach to religion as a whole. It's a Cherry Pick because he quite clearly would like to see religion phased out altogether sensibly as opposed to leaving one standing in the ring so to speak. I do however agree with eight bits, it's irrelevant in any case.
  21. For me it is processed sugar, white flour, white rice, white potatoes, any of the simple carbs. I do better if I stick to complex carbs and stay away from the middle of the store and the "convenience" foods. It is just as easy to cook from scratch and eat real food.
  22. So basically it could come down just about anywhere...
  23. I wouldn't expect to hear from him
  24. Yes. In my opinion. Isaiah 14 :(11-25) Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? * 18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house. 19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet. 20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned. 21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities. 22 For I will rise up against them, saith the Lord of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the Lord. 23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the Lord of hosts. 24 The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand: 25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
  1. Load more activity