Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No clue, do they speak English? Suppose I’m not a good candidate for the experiment as I’m not convinced of reality let alone laws. I do enjoy thought experiments tremendously however and I think I see where you were headed with that. Rough places indeed, but even in the ghetto mercy can be found. The titanic and all world wars had survivors. Perhaps because of corrupt leaders using the law of attraction they were able to so tremendously impact the lives of their countrymen so detrimentally?
  3. Doing God's will.

If it exists I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove unless we discover time travel and get lucky with the way time works. One big problem is that even if we have free will we're still locked in by time to being able to make only one choice, where to prove free will we need to show other choices are possible. If we could go back and if time cooperates with our experiment as far as how it works in this situation, we could theoretically loop through someone's decision point repeatedly and see if a different choice is ever made by that person, which would be evidence for free will. I have no confidence that this is the way time works in a time travel scenario so it's far-fetched but I'm not seeing any other way, I don't know how theoretically we can ever rule out determinism otherwise.
  4. Greetings from Northern California!

Oi! I think you have just lost me a sale.
  5. Greetings from Northern California!

Welcome to UM Hazel Eyes Pull up a seat and enjoy the forums!
  6. New Show Portals to Hell

Here you go HollyDolly; The links you gave both say it is in I see you have said later it is in Juneau, but to save you having any more confusions i have provided you with this link below. There are news reports of a body found dead in a hot tub. But nothing to do with the hotel, not only was it not in the hotel or in a basement, it was an outside hot tub. It was also later identified as a woman Just a tip : please read the links you provide prior to posting and maybe research a bit about the article you post.
  7. All good, how exactly does hating the poor play into this? I understand wishing I were poor, somewhat, but I don’t understand hating the poor. Also, how does a feeling of sincere gratitude play into this?
  8. I just looked that over because I liked the Stainless Steel Rat as a teen. I know it's 1980s but the biology is so bad in it, I can't get through it.
  9. I don't believe you

You are being snarky now. The truth is your no advocate for rape either, regardless of any law, you might be sarcastic, but you don’t align with everything Walker says, Sometimes some villains get a big rush out of casting themselves in this way, sometimes it is just about the attention they get.
  10. third_eye

looking good, still some ways to go yet.... 

FB_IMG_1555979021492.jpg.f5cabe8e1af382124d16be02f89b07a1.jpg

Lookit them busy lil bees... 

~

1. Piney

Piney

Oh, there you are!

I thought with the return of Panama disease you would be up country hugging some giant toes. :yes:

2. susieice

susieice

Beautiful flower.

11. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

$717 billion right now: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/08/01/congress-finalizes-defense-budget-authorization-months-ahead-of-schedule/ Iran suggests cutting back in the middle east. North Korea and China suggests cutting back in Asia. Russia says cut back in Europe- especially around Ukraine and the like. Maduro says South America is a good place to start. Nobody really asked to cut back in Africa, but no one really cares about that so that is a decent place to start too.
  12. a dog or a deer crossing the road is creepy?
  13. I don't believe you

You could have virtue-signalled like the best of them. It is always good to have the stereotypical villains to contrast yourself against. They say even fat, ugly people have merit, if you stand next to them while having your photo taken, you appear much slimmer and more handsome than otherwise you would !
  14. So.... Are they going to start wearing brown shirts as they round up these people?
  15. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

It's hard to politically debate anyone who has such a limited grasp of even recent political history, much less any substantial depth in time. Economic war has often precipitated the real thing. The price of policing the world the last 64 years is mirrored in that deficit. We maintain an overseas presence of hundreds of bases to keep the world a safe place. Where should we start cutting back? Where we are least needed is a good starting point. Why should we continue to finance the defense of a UNION of nations whose GDP is greater than ours? Just food for thought.
  16. Greetings from Northern California!

Welcome Hazel Eyes cookies are always welcomed. Enjoy the lurker chair...
  17. I don't believe you

And, you are not evil for it.
  18. I don't believe you

While we missed you, Hammer held down the fort and helped me immensely with his compassion and understanding. He brought in great points too.
  19. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

I saw where Twitter caught fire because Obama and Clinton referred to the victims as Easter Worshippers. Who worships Easter? They say Muslim but won't say Christian. I heard the argument got rough. Thank goodness, I don't Twitter.
  20. seaturtlehorsesnake

tomorrow's recipe has taken everything from you, leaving you without even a name

21. Strange creature captured crossing highway

Uuggghh Kind of creepy!
  22. Why Is There So Much Mass Violence?

It's an admirable hope but our species has more access to knowledge and exquisite technological advances than ever before in history yet we are literally at the threshold of global war with civilization ending weaponry in hand. Human nature does not change. Groups of individuals, even cultures can change for the better but it only takes a small minority bent on subjugation and war to take us all into darkness. Just as Hitler and his Nazis were ignored until it was too late, the mullahs in Iran announce daily with their rhetoric and their military moves in the M.E. what their intentions are and the world is in denial. The mullahs aren't alone in their ambitions either. The Norks and the Chinese have grand plans as well. Putin shouldn't be ignored, either. No, we do, in fact, have a growing epidemic of violence around the globe. Telling ourselves it has always been this way, on this scale, is just a symptom of denial.
  23. Strange creature captured crossing highway

It has all the hallmarks of a deer. They can go like the clappers...
  24. Yesterday
  25. AG Barr confirms spying on Trump campaign

I'll give you that for now, especially the first post. I still think it's all unfolding now as opposed the times of the posts. Let's note that Trump even said, after the report was released, that he wanted to do all this long ago but his lawyers advised him to wait for Mueller to finish his thing. Guess we'll see. Things aren't over yet.
  26. Once this problem becomes so severe that it can no longer be ignored, vigilantism is almost assured. At that point, we'll have lost control and we'll be dealing with the ugliest elements in our society. Any fool can see that eventuality so why doesn't our government understand it? The cries of RAY-SUS and BIGOT will go from being hyperbole to reality and it won't easily be stopped once it comes to the surface. Unjustly accuse people for long enough and they'll eventually figure they have nothing to lose by proving the haters "right".
  1. Load more activity