Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Both. ? Yup , trump is still the real president. .just ask him.
  3. What makes you think your alleged experience was a human craft?
  4. I haven't bought a ticket in the billion dollar prize lottery - but I think that I will win that lottery. Wide hipped nubile females, please line up to apply to be married to me.
  5. If Plato was using sources from an ancient source, there would be evidence to support this. In other words, there would be references in other material from Greece and other areas showing that there had indeed been a global (or at least European-based) empire that ruled the countries of the Mediterranean Sea. Troy's a good example of this... there's Greek plays and statues and paintings that reference Troy and the Trojan Wars and the heroes. There's lots and lots and lots of this material -- the Greeks loved a good tragedy and morality play, and the story of Atlantis has both going for them, yet there are NO poems or plays or statues or paintings or decorations that refer to Atlantis.
  6. Hammerclaw

Revisiting God Constructs

Looks like our resident Prophetess has go to ground, again. I don't know how she presumes to face the devil when she can't even face anonymous strangers online.
  7. Truth is where I spin we have both a big patio and front area and very few people smoke tobacco, vapes are popular and a heck of a lot of people have weed cards, I'm 59 doing this since early 80s not a hobbyist bedroom DJ this along with club opps and bands was my career, I retired years back but came back out and I'm lucky enough to hold down a two night resident, i hope to have a few more years left to do it.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Interesting question. The earliest Jesus movement adherents were Second Temple Jews, a variety of Judaism that ceased to exist in 70 CE. What Christianity was like in 71 CE, what diaspora Judaism was like in 71 ... it is very difficult to know. Neither one was necessarily any well-defined single "thing," the same everywhere. Regardless, how can something be a "corruption" of something else that has ceased to exist? I'm not sure what "admission" means in this context. The conventional meaning of the words apostle and disciple is that people of faith believe that there were people like Peter who were both apostles and former disciples of Jesus, people like Paul who were apostles but not former disciples of Jesus, and people like Judas who were former disciples of Jesus but not apostles. They are two separate offices or conditions. I don't know whether or not Jesus had disciples. I can see for myself that there are Christian apostles in our own day, and it's pretty clear from the geographical dispersion of Christianity that were apostles in ancient times, too. It is definitely the case that the branches of Christianity that claimed to be successors of those disciples (and Paul) drove the competing branches to extinction. I'm unsure what that proves about the succession claims even if there were disciples. The teaching material of extant Christianity is the New Testament (especially among Protestants) supplemented by even later things like liturgies, patristic commentaries, and eventually learned theological speculation (mostly appreciated by non-Protestants). If Jesus did teach anybody face-to-face, they didn't write it down. Just as well, apparently, since the religion obviously does just fine with sayings attributed to Jesus that lack much of anything especially innovative or conspicuously insightful. Acts is a late writing, 80 CE at the earliest among the responsible estimates. Paul himself tells us he went to Jerusalem twice - it's in the first two chapters of Galatians, I won't labor it here. Funny, when Paul tells the story, after the second visit, he calls Peter a hypocrite to his face. Paul doesn't sound submissive, but then he had no say in how Luke told his version, a generation or so after Paul had died. I didn't call him a rogue thinker and I didn't say he "took over the movement." Paul says that the risen Jesus commissioned him to minister to the Gentiles, and Peter to head up the ministry to the Jews. Sometime after both men were dead, there were plenty of Gentile Christians and hardly any Jewish ones. Gentiles took over the movement, presumably Paul would be pleased that they did, and he laid the groundwork for them, but he (even by his own account) seems to have been no more than the leader of a faction within the movement. It's not clear that there was a single "mainstream" of the Jesus movement during Peter and Paul's lifetime. Sometime later, when there was a mainstream, Christians looked back on both prominent early leaders with affection. You're directing the question to the wrong person. I distinguish between "gospel Jesus" and the hypothetical real man who supposedly really lived. Gospel Jesus has literary antecedents and historical antecedents (which we know about because somebody wrote about them, so for us they, too, are literary). I don't know how many of the antecedents were historical. If there was a real man who actually lived, then I don't know what relation, if any, that man enjoys with gospel Jesus. Why would plagiarizing other teachers' contributions be detrimental to recruiting adherents? Really, I don't understand the premise of your question. As to your other question, I can only speak for myself. I read Mark's passion and I think it is great literature. Part of its power is Mark's artful but unflinching focus on the horrific death of his protagonist. The flogging is an integral part of the horror. Finally, Mark's gospel (65 to 80 CE, probably) is not a "century and a half" after Pilate's term (26 to 36 or 37 CE) or Albinus's term (if we're actually reading something based upon the flogging of Jesus son of Ananus in 62 or 63 CE). You lost me there.
  10. The archaeological evidence would indicate what his sources would be.
  11. What millions?! Problem is these stories and leaked tic tac grainy blurry videos have nothing to support claims, those things been debated here ad nauseum and nothing
  12. Hi Bats There are no bars or clubs where there is smoking for many years now some many of them built patio or deck areas with speakers outside so we could smoke and drink out there and they had a roof and heaters. When I moved here it's totally different and even the patio is non-smoking which is stupid as you have to stand on the sidewalk without you beer leaning against the railing so the smoke still goes into the patio.
  13. Harte

Rogue's Gallery III

My wife and I with our 2nd grandson taken Easter 2024. Harte
  14. A Nasa rover has reached a promising place to search for fossilised life on Mars Related stories:
  15. Our government is not known for it's ability to keep secrets for long. Also there are 194 OTHER countries out there. Do aliens only crash land, contact, butcher cattle, abduct people, probe anally and whatnot ONLY Americans? I agree with Essan. The US government lets people believe in Aliens because it makes using their new tech a lot easier, "It wasn't us, we cannot say it was aliens but......". Also Hazzard's angle is a huge factor. People seeing things and misinterpreting them. Then there are the charlatans. In it for the money. The UFO world is rife with them.
  16. Yep, you've have Trudeau. Don't you feel honored and privileged?
  17. Okay, but before I tell you, two questions: 1. How old are you? 2. Is there anything actually "Hazzardous" about you? Rectum
  18. Major changes approved for ClearSpace-1 mission Related stories:
  19. I'd probably bite my tongue more often... if I had more teeth. Harte
  20. This is what I believe aswell... maybe even intelligent life capable of space flight? But I dont believe they are capable of breaking the laws of physics, ie FTL.
  1. Load more activity