Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

locked up his child heart for safe keeping from those who stomp out innocence
  3. Many peoples in many boats from many places. OK By the way, thanks folks for cleaning up Wikipedia. I appreciate that.
  4. Let's talk history

I sympathise with the native americans and they have my utter most admiration and respect and they have always fascinated me i dont deny my ancestors without them i wouldn't exist what i was making fun of was the idiocracy to fake your ancestory If you're my friend i dont care what nationality you are.
  5. You reminded me of my days sweeping fake Indian tribes out of Wiki. No fun.
  6. If it happens again, I could.
  7. Skinwalkers are the most common in my area. I think it's likely that's what it is.
  8. God comes in many forms. Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! Ghostbusters
  9. Haha, he mentioned Doug Weller a fellow I know. He and I (mainly he) did a cleaning sweep of Atlantis fake facts out of Wikipedia some years ago. Catholic Native Americans speaking Norse huh? Yeah baby.....bottle that crazy and sell it at the flea market for quatloos.
  10. I don't believe you

I like this post yes there is some academic debate However it tends to fall into two camps Those, like you and sherapy, who believe morals and ethics are absolute and those, like me, who see them as situational and contextual. As i said i find your posts genuine and non judgemental even where i disagree with them This is how debate should be carried on. To explain a little more about the value of fiction. I've just been reading some books by Fiona Macintosh, an Australian author, about women among the gold and silversmith families in Birmingham in the early 20th century. Like many authors she has done a great deal of research, and her stories reflect and describe, not just the physical lives, but also the attitudes of people from different classes, in the time. She explores two women in particular who enter the predominantly mans world of crafting. However she also bring in vivid descriptions of poverty and living conditions among the poor, what it was like in a poor house, and the limitations imposed on women by their gender and the perception of their nature. The description of women working on the industrial looms is detailed and horrifying with the long hours, physical dangers, and poor pay. The descriptions of the suffering and death of people, especially children, among those so poor that the y have no food or heating, and certainly no medicine, is very moving and graphic
  11. I don't believe you

I have no idea what 8 bits is on about with his disapproval of viable, no controversy surrounds the word that I know of.
  12. Atheism is incompatible with science

Silly pallidin, doesn't know what a dimension is.
  13. Odd shadow

When I got to work today my friend showed me the pic, as it's her sister, now I didn't go into her story but they believe they have a haunting, I didn't post any of that story cause it's just a story as far as I'm concerned. Mediums at the house yadda yadda. Common ghost story stuff, thus my lean towards ghost haunting board. Doesn't really matter far as I'm concerned. It's just the image itself I'm interested in hearing people break down
  14. Police Guide From ‘Satanic Panic’ Era Found

Remember folks, pagan means - People Again Goodness and Niceness.
  15. Odd shadow

Yeah I saw that, I was at a friend's place when I posted this, couldn't recall his name, it's been a while since I've been on the forums thanks
  16. Odd shadow

I just tagged the inhouse photo guy.
  17. I don't believe you

No viable (in my lexicon) means doable or practical (never heard it used as american jargon) Many things are theoretically possible or good, but not viable due to the practical realities of life Thus while slavery could have been stopped in some ancient societies (if anyone had actually seen it as wrong) the effects of stopping it would have been so negative as to make that a non viable option. We could stop all production of fossil fueled cars today and it would be a positive but the negative realities make it non viable at this time. i will accept this is one of the genuine differences which causes difficulty in communication between American speakers and English speakers And clearly you are blind to Sherapy's comments about evil, despicable, people who see slavery as a good thing.(even when some of them have explained this is not their view at all ) And parents who are child abusers because they used corporal punishment on their children. The level of others education and knowledge determines how sensible, deep and meaningful, any debate can be. People who just see slavery as evil, and believe it was always evil, have no understanding of our past and why slavery existed quite legally, and without serious dispute, for all but the last 200 years or so, or why rape in marriage was not even conceptualised, let alone seen as wrong, until last century, and was not legislated against until the 1960s it is difficult to have a rational debate with a person whose values are emotional, rather than logically and factually based
  18. Odd shadow

I wasn't sure where to put the post, ghost seemed like as good a choice as any. As for her tilt, kids and selfie I got no clue. I'm not a look at me take a selfie guy. I'm not saying it's anything except odd. I see something in the background no clue what it is. If it's a filter of some type, an app, a kite blown I'm the window. No clue. And that's the point of me posting is to get advice from people who do know a bit more about photo and imagery. So please any and all advice, points, theories welcome.
  19. Knocking on front door

Sounds like you need to talk to the cops. You could have a stalker.
  20. Odd shadow

@ChrLzs
  21. I don't believe you

lol Hopefully you have also learned something (yes i got the sarcasm) I know my intelligence, both from a life time of experience with a huge range of people, and from professional testing. In some ways it is a "curse" because it means i always see things in logical, rational criteria referenced ways and this can make me see uncaring or indifferent But in most ways it is a skill talent or abilty which has helped and empowered me throughout my life However i was raised that it is not how you feel about others which matters, but how you treat them (eg the best thing you can do for someone suffering loss is not to feel sorry for them or tell them you, are sorry, but to help them with practical things.) I've sent my life improving the lives of others and if i seem a bit unemotional that is a fair trade off. In some ways i see people who react emotionally, rather than rationally, as quite dangerous, if it is excessive.
  22. Five knocks on front door, no one there. Noises around house between 3am to 6am. Negative things happening. What should I do? I’m really scared.
  23. Are there any local legends?
  24. Today
  25. La Llorona - Mexican legend

I thought she was Cihuacoatl wrapped in a European package. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cihuacōātl
  26. Odd shadow

i like how the girl is to the side to show some black whatever partly over the calendar, it almost says "hey, look over my shoulder" what the devil is it? i dont have a clue, since you posted it in ghosts and hauntings i will assume your direction but i see zero that jumps to spirits to me, ill send up the bat light for the photo expert charles to get his expert opinion on it as i take another gander....
  1. Load more activity