Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

What criminal activity was Comey engaged in that warrants him going to jail? Are you not assuming he is guilty of something, just as the left assumes Trump must be guilty of something? Oh the hypocrisy!
  3. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Yeah, Page 1 of the Mueller report states why the investigations happened and didn't even mention the Steele Dossier.
  4. Mysticism Help Needed

Is receiving to give a virtue or not? Is it giving or not? Are you saying the government is virtuous in its giving, but the people aren't because they "receive to give" and therefore are not giving?
  5. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

I'm looking forward to Comey's future tweet: "So many cellmates"
  6. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I really don't give any credit to the paranormal now. It's too much of a cash cow. People milk it for money or attention.
  7. Yowwwwwweeeeee, I win, where's the prize?
  8. Almost 100 million years ago, a tiny and misfortunate beetle died after wandering into a sticky glob of resin leaking from a tree in a region near present-day Southeast Asia. Fossilized in amber, this beetle eventually made its way to the desk of entomologist Joe Parker, assistant professor of biology and biological engineering at Caltech. Parker and his colleagues have now determined that the perfectly preserved beetle fossil is the oldest-known example of an animal in a behaviorally symbiotic relationship. https://phys.org/news/2019-04-beetles-successfully-freeloaded-million-years.html
  9. Error code: 2F173/K

Most likely the content in question has been removed. What's the link ?
  10. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I agree. People hold so many opposing viewpoints and I try to understand why they believe or disbelieve each one individually. I do my best to explain my point of view. I find that believers in the paranormal/supernatural simply have a much lower threshold to their beliefs in such. The worst is when the conversation boils down to, "Well, ya just gotta have faith." To me, that means you don't have sufficient evidence or reason to back up your belief. I find it absolutely insane that people believe Jesus rose from the dead. It's so far removed from everything I understand is possible. Without firsthand witnessing, I could never believe such a claim. But the crux of an entire religion depends on having the faith that it actually did happen. I just read an article about a South African preacher claimed to bring a man back to life. https://churchleaders.com/news/345138-south-african-pastor-claims-he-raised-a-man-from-the-dead.html It's mind boggling to see how gullible people can be. It is good to see that he is now under investigation stemming from this incident. In another thread someone pointed out a man named Satya Sai Baba as being the main reason the believed in the supernatural. So, I looked this guy up and wasn't surprised to see he is shrouded in controversy. To me he was a simple magician doing sleight of hand parlor tricks. Coughing up eggs, pulling gold chains out of thin air, manifesting ash and sand out of nowhere. All basic and easily replicated magic tricks. Although the are plenty of other unverified claims to his name. Yet somehow he has an estimated 100 million!!! followers. And left behind a 5.5 billion dollar fortune. Does that change my mind about the possibility that he was truly God incarnate? Nope. To get it all back to the topic, I agree that agnosticism is a subset of atheism. It's just going deeper into saying that it's impossible to say yes or no. As someone said earlier, it's about the specific definition. I can definitely say, no Thor is not real. There's no guy up there throwing lightning bolts around. But there are definitions where I would have to say I don't know.
  11. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

They were based in part on the dossier, but not only on the dossier. Barr is doing some questionable things in his quest to protect Trump. We will see what happens, but I will be surprised if this amounts to anything more than rhetoric at the end of the day.
  12. Climate Change is a Hoax

From what Attenborough and others are saying if we don't take immediate action then we are screwed, (well, screwed is a word l use). This is assuming that humans have primarily caused world temps to go up since 1970, eventhough previously it went up by the same amount, and we didn't cause that one. Which means present rises cannot be attributed primary to us, (or is unreliable data, when an attempt is made to attribute to our actions). The problem is is that the charts show dramatic rises and falls, and when it is rising, scientists get greedy and stir the pot with end is nigh speeches, and we have to do something or perish. And that in turn scares a percentage of the population and they vote in the next party who say we will do the most to fix this. Which is reality damages the economy dramatically increases electricity prices, and kills of pensioners that die due to freezing in their homes. Most of our power from clean energy, lol, no we can't. I had a talk to someone who bought that one, and my state, (Vic) could only do it if, 30% of our power came from new dam/hydro schemes across our state and the rest from solar/wind. So hydro, still produces when the sun goes down and there is no wind, or too much, (wind turbines are turned off in high winds). Unfortunately this model is nonsense, as when we have a drought, and dams dry up, so water restrictions are in place, even with the Desal plant, most if not all the dam/hydro plants would be useless or turned off. So when our state has a drought, on top of a hot day with no wind and overcast, we are totally *****d. Doesn't matter how hard we try, and the media gets off of it, the fact remains that wind/solar are not 24/7 and NEVER will be. Battteries same thing, very expensive and they provide little in return. Australia would need to spend almost a trillion dollars, (recent study in my local paper) in order to hopefully shore up wind/solar, or give us a few hours of power. And in ten years time, when they need replacing, another trillion, (which is a lot of money for our country, or it is too much). So yeah a big mess, or we have nothing to fear by highs and lows, or that we have cuased it, since data, before the 70's, does not support it. We can certainly be p****ed by institutions and individuals who sell the fear for a buck, and by others who follow this religiously and refuse to think it through.
  13. Error code: 2F173/K

Hello, not sure if this is the right place for my post. My post is missing, it states: "You do not have permission to view this content. Error code: 2F173/K" Cant find any clear info regarding this error, any clarification would be greatly aporeciated.
  14. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

Even with my current intention-manifestation experiments. I know full well that my thoughts have no objective causal power. No weird esoteric quantum woo woo nonsense, it's all cognitive. By changing my focus, I redirect my attention. Simple as that. I guess that's what separates me from a lot of people, I try this stuff. Prayer can be a stress and anxiety reliever. Having faith that things will work out, same thing. I mean I do get it. But I don't as well.
  15. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I'm the same. In certain ways magical thinking can have a benefit. Such as an athlete having a "lucky" pair of socks that they won't play without. On the surface it's just socks, in their mind and because they believe the socks are lucky, their performs changes. They might actually play better. I call this a magical placebo. A lot of the times I figure that belief in the afterlife and in ghost is just the fear of death being manifested. Similar to how believing in god might get a sense of certainty in life. Because lets face it, life is pretty much chaotic. However the belief in psychic powers kinda befuddles me.
  16. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

The FISA spying warrants WERE based on the fraudulent Steele dossier...and no amount of revisionist history can wish that fact away. This is the questionable "predicate" Barr refers to. Expect to hear MUCH more about this in the very near future.
  17. I need a new podcast to listen to, help

I like two that I listen to often: Monster Talk and Skeptics Guide to the Universe.
  18. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

the contract was signed Dorian checked his portrait in the dying light
  19. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Merc, the Russia investigation was NOT based on the Steele dossier. This has been known for a long time, why do you keep lying about this? The Mueller report clearly puts this to bed once and for all (though we already knew this) https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/how-fbi-russia-investigation-began-george-papadopoulos.html https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-muellers-russia-investigation-did-not-start-with-steele-dossier-on-trump So will you now please stop falsely claiming that this investigation was started because of the dossier?
  20. Help, what is this thing?

Just part of the paranormal.there's no reason for it.A lot of people say a lot of things,who cares.
  21. Noble's tomb found in Saqqara

Still about 90% of ancient egypt still undiscovered.. Good Find
  22. The iconic "death roll" of alligators and crocodiles may be more common among species than previously believed, according to a new study published in Ethology, Ecology & Evolution and coauthored by a researcher at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Contrary to popular belief, crocodiles can't chew, so they use a powerful bite coupled with a full-bodied twisting motion—a death roll—to disable, kill, and dismember prey into smaller pieces. The lethal movement is characteristic of both alligators and crocodiles and has been featured in numerous movies and nature documentaries. Until now, the death roll had only been documented in a few of the 25 living crocodilian species, but how many actually do it? https://phys.org/news/2019-04-infamous-death-universal-crocodile-species.html
  23. I don't believe you

I'm unsure how you fantasize the people of the past to have been. There is ample evidence that, even if nothing more profound dawned on any of them, people have always understood that whatever evil befalls one person or group could someday befall them or their group. Then or now, this may not rise to a reason for the currently unafflicted to refrain from working evil on those whom they can victimize, but then and now it sure as hell lights a fire under their butts to take precuations against it happening to them. Nobody was ever blind to the evils of slavery. They all paid money toward the common defense, and many served personally. There are other uses of money, and other ways to use your time. But if you let the common defense slip, then you were likely to become somebody's slave, and nobody had to be psychic to foresee that that would be a bad thing, an evil thing. What I can't think of is any truly novel evil. There is a certain sameness to it, as far back as we have records. The technology changes (waterboarding is a genuine advance over the rack), but the general ideas stay the same. Or so it seems to me. I wouldn't worry so much about other posters' levels of education. And slavery is always evil is a not a personal attack, unless you happen to be a slave owner. I'd imagine not. Oh yeah, Sherapy's one of the classiest posters on the board. If her criticisms are more than you can handle, then you're in the wrong place. Maybe you're just too good for the web. Viable is (in American jargon) a weasel word. It gives the appearance of "narrowing the claim," but wink, wink, nod, nod, it doesn't really narrow anything. Moi? I never said it was the only option, I just said that some societies would have collapsed, been defeated militarily, or have created great hardships for everybody in the society if they stopped doing it. Uh, huh. Viable: Don't post bo****ks without it.
  24. tcgram

What is it about upcoming holidays that bring the weird people and situations out in droves??  :blink:

1. Goddess of the Mist

Goddess of the Mist

Haha... yeah

25. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

Seems like a fitting definition of an Agnostic:
  26. The biography of a stone axe

The Arawak traded as far as Georgia and the Carolinas and there was a trading station site in Savannah that was destroyed and nobody wants to talk about.
  1. Load more activity