Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. aztek

Nine Shot In Fresno

drive bys, gang shootings with more than 5 shot is pretty common in gang hoods, but you'll never hear it, they also make lion's share of gun murders stats, something that no news like to mention either
  3. BrooklynGuy

Open Impeachment Inquiry Hearing Starts 11/13

Well another day of testimony in the books. Nothing really new today and I would call it a draw as both sides made excellent points. This is a bit off topic but thought some of you folks would get a chuckle out of it. Obama aides allegedly left ‘You will fail’ notes for Trump White House staffers President Obama’s aides taunted the incoming Trump administration in 2017 by leaving notes around the White House that said, “You will fail,” Trump’s press secretary said Tuesday. “We came into the White House, I’ll tell you something. Every office was filled with Obama books, and we had notes left behind that said, ‘You will fail,’ ‘You aren’t going to make it,’ ” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham told a Norfolk, Va., radio station during an interview. Grisham told the Daily Mail that a particularly big note saying, “You will fail” was taped to a door of the press office. Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/11/19/obama-aides-allegedly-left-you-will-fail-notes-for-trump-white-house-staffers/
  4. bee

UK General Election -

Before I forget... for anyone who's interested... starts at 8pm... [apparently after loosing the legal challenge to be included in the debate Jo Swinson and Ian Blackford are planning to storm the stage and make a speech anyway... .... sorry I just made that up to add a bit of excitement to the whole thing..... ]
  5. Can you read the title of the thread. Its there for all to see
  6. Desertrat56

Is eye color related to rh factor?

No. Based on the link I posted the RH factor is a protein, if it is missing you are RH negative, if you have the protein you are RH positive. It doesn't have anything to do with alleles that are linked to eye color. I have been researching this because of the bad science I was taught (and most public school kids in the U.S. are taught) about genetics. In my dads family Heterochromia iridum is common, though it is considered rare. My dad's mother had blond hair and blue eyes, my dad's father had black hair and grey eyes. My dad's oldest sister had one green eye and one blue eye, over the green eye is a brown eyebrow and over the blue eye is a blonde eyebrow. She kept her hair in a bun until she was in her 40's when frosting became popular because she had every color of hair possible, the sides were brown and she kept her hair long and pulled the sides up to cover the other colors, red, blonde and black streaks ran through her hair. (my grandpa called her mutt because he thought that was funny, but she took it to heart). My dad has almost black hair with hazel eyes that seem brown or green. He has red in his beard so he only wore a beard for a short time. His other 7 siblings had hazel or blue eyes and eveyone had a different color of hair. So, between both of my parents that right there blew the simplistic description of how you get brown or blue eyes to hell. We are definitely more complex than pea plants.
  7. Gunn

Nine Shot In Fresno

Yeah I saw that too and that's exactly what I mean. Before the authorities got off their butts and starting doing something about these potential mass shooters, something like that type of shooting probably happened dozens of times during all these high number mass shootings. Yet the local town news was probably the only news groups that covered those type of incidents back then, while the 3 major networks were just focused on the high number mass shootings. Now we see they've changed their focus on those type of shooting incidents, relating to previous high number shooting incidents, all in order to keep the gun debate going on in the public. It just comes off desperate,pathetic and nefarious to me.
  8. Helen of Annoy

{un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

Interstellar dust. Still I wish to flick some specks in particular
  9. Desertrat56

Pets Gallery

Yeah, they can be awful dogs if they don't get trained when they are young, very stubborn and single minded.
  10. aztek

Congressional Committee to Vote on THC Bill

i'm actually awesome at my job , that is why i get close to 6 figures, but thank you very much for your stupid comment, it is always entertaining
  11. I actually think I feel asleep while watching the episode. Had worked my second job, so was tired.
  12. Interesting, for which religion are these prayer beads?
  13. ExpandMyMind

Need some help

Indeed. Well, if there's anything you can't find there then let me know.
  14. Simple. I study cases. I don't dismiss the credibilty of thousands of human beings, a large proportion of whom are most likely a lot brighter than you. Sorry old chap.
  15. kmt_sesh

Need some help

That Project Gutenberg looks like as great place. I've seen it before but had forgotten all about it. Thanks!
  16. toast

Need some help

Hy kmt_sesh, hope you are doing well. Here a link to a good German (e-book) publishing house, I have preselected ebooks in English language and for the keyword "Egyptology": Thalia Bücher PayPal accepted. If for some reason no order from the US possible, pls let me know (PM) and I will manage the issue because I have an account at Thalia.
  17. Nnicolette

Is eye color related to rh factor?

Thanks for the addition! I saw a great chart on combinations and the resulting colors. 7 resulted in brown, 2 in green 1 im blue. but i am referring to the relation to the rh factor. To my understanding there are two alleles and you can be -(--) or +(++, or +-). I had read a claim that people witj green eyes can only be +- or -- and i was wondering if this is true because all examples i knew fit. I also read that both parents pass one of the alleles. So If one parent was -- they only could have passed a - so, whether you are -(--) or + (-+) if your parent was rh- you must have at least one - allele right?
  18. Blue Star

{un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

Glitch to galaxies Flux to eccentric orbits Interstellar dust.
  19. 'Walt' E. Kurtz

Most annoying Christmas songs

It's seems as if I'm getting more easily annoyed by X- mas songs these days.
  20. susieice

Largest maternity scandal in NHS history

The callousness is as horrific as the malpractice. So traumatic for those poor families.
  21. Melskaya

Most annoying Christmas songs

Now I have it stuck in my head. I pray for death.
  22. Robotic Jew

Congressional Committee to Vote on THC Bill

You're terrible at your job.
  23. Robotic Jew

Robotic Jew

Jim Jordan probably looks tough to people who don't realize he sat there and listened to an explanation for about 2 minutes and then launched into what was clearly a prearranged diatribe about what he expected the answer to be even though it was almost the exact opposite. 

24. spartan max2

Mass protest in Iran

Iran has done a complete internet blackout of the country. I wish the protesters the best. Brave souls.
  25. Piney

Pets Gallery

We were "sitting one" that tried to eat a hole into the kitchen wall and bit the throat out of one of the teacup poodles. Luckily he missed the arteries and the poodle was OK.
  1. Load more activity