Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Perhaps he heard that tale of the rockafellow son who likely was a victim in PNG and he found the tale so cool he made it his own
  3. I didn't know it happened, and while I do find "wetback," a disparaging racist term I didn't grasp any insult with "illegal alien" until this thread that is. It still isn't pointing at anyone race. At this moment I'm concerned the school has a threatening bully who can not only get away with it but seems to have power to get the person he threatened expelled, A lot of that schools staff belong in dunce caps, I am expecting to see some resignations, firings and lawsuits
  4. You can't prove a negative claim... How does one know for certain no one else is there?
  5. mw.decavia

AI news presenters

I can not find an online link to show this to anyone else, So this must be a report of something for others to look for in the future. Earlier this afternoon I was watching some cable news channel, I think was MSNBC. And for at least a minute or two the human news host was talking with someone who looked like a Virtual woman with shortish blonde hair, and skin and ears that looked like plastic instead. Like very high quality cgi, but still compared to the human on the screen looking artificial, with slightly wrong mouth movements when talking. I was so surprised I got up and stood 15cm away from the large screen television this was on, and I studied every detail. I do not think this was my own misperception. If it was my own misperception, why did I see the news host as a normal human? Maybe someday there will be the "Buster Friendly" show?
  6. Of course the US will hide the atrocities of its allies. Just as it does its own atrocious, imperial behavior. Where is the news in this, no matter the source? egads man, did you just get your first glimpse outside Plato's cave? Welcome to Imperial Dominance, manipulation and 'diplomacy' vomit
  7. I'm not talking about religious scholarship (aka apologetics). Apologists will try to date all the gospels before the destruction of the Temple (latest dating AD 70). Most scholars, even the non-religious ones, have accepted the data I've provided as the most likely dating, if your view is represented in academia it is a fringe idea with the same level of backing as the apologists trying to push the dates to AD 70. You don't have to let that stop you holding your beliefs on this, but stop trying to pass off an extreme minority view as the academic consensus! Edit: if you have a bibliography of Ancient Near East scholars who have argued for the late dating you are holding to, I'd appreciate at least knowing your sources so I can check with the experts (no offense, you're just an anonymous dude on the internet - as am I, but I can point you to a dozen non-religious experts who will happily explain why modern academic scholarship believes as they do).
  8. Those people are vying for the presidency of the USA. And these people are each likely to be voting for one of them.. Says it all, really.
  9. Kittens Are Jerks

Dozens team up for complex rescue of trapped orca in B.C. lagoon

Orphaned B.C. orca may be eating fish, vet says, as rescuers plan new strategy A Vancouver Aquarium expert who has been involved in attempts to rescue an orphaned orca says the calf may be feeding on fish in the B.C. lagoon where she has been trapped for more than three weeks. Veterinarian Martin Haulena said he got a good look at the calf during Friday's failed attempt to corral the whale, and it was possible she had been foraging, “based on her body condition being maintained.” https://bc.ctvnews.ca/orphaned-b-c-orca-may-be-eating-fish-vet-says-as-rescuers-plan-new-strategy-1.6848253
  10. Yesterday
  11. You've clearly not read any of the articles.
  12. Over 100 arrested in Columbia U unrest as NYPD clears ‘Gaza solidarity encampment’ With a phalanx of police outside its gates and student protesters crowding the street, Columbia University erupted in unrest Thursday over the Israel-Hamas war. The mass demonstration at New York City’s Ivy League school and its aftermath represented an escalation after months of tensions over the war. On Wednesday morning, students awoke to an encampment of large green and white tents in two concentric circles covered a large portion of the campus’ central quad, opposite the library. https://www.timesofisrael.com/over-100-arrested-in-columbia-u-unrest-as-nypd-clears-gaza-solidarity-encampment/ Of note: Columbia suspended just three students for their role in anti-Israel activities, including daughter of US Rep. Ilhan Omar. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-797798
  13. Much of this story has to do with the UN Palestinian refugee agency (UNRWA) recently accusing Israel of mistreating and abusing its staff members and others detained by Israeli forces in Gaza. You know, the same staff members who facilitated and participated in the October 7 massacre. Someone needs to tell them that that's how karma works.
  14. Zod YinYang

Atlanteans

The problem for me would be to discover that organic material under my fingernails had been dated to around 2023. The YDE is dated to around 10kBC. The GP was built to record the ensuing cataclysm. Ipso facto, the GP was built prior to 10kBC. A bonus clue is that, to a decent engineer, the GP is clearly way beyond the capability of bronze age tech.
  15. I too would appreciate it if you could back up your claims. As a self-proclaimed collector of anything paranormal, you obviously have mustered a huge amount of information on these 'cases'. So which one stands out, which is the best one in terms of evidence..? Surely that should spring to your mind immediately, so just point to "The One". Let's look at it in terms that would stand up to scientific, or even legal, scrutiny. I'm sure we are all ears. And eyes. And nose, but so far it smells .. somewhat less than pleasant.
  16. Okay I will challenge you, park your huge fragile ego and don't make any lame excuses if you can't give me what I ask for smly admit you have zero, zip , zlitch, Show us you very best piece of actual evidence to support your belief claims, stories do not count as evidence do not use them, copping out is just that and admitting you have nothing, Show your best piece of evidence
  17. Exactly. The student who threatened him was not punished. The student who used the term explained he genuinely did not know it was unacceptable, but was still punished, and the incident permanently etched on his school record. The Biden administration ordered immigration enforcement agencies to stop using the term' illegal alien' just two years ago, but media outlets and others were not as quick to phase it out. Five bucks says most Americans aren't even aware it ever happened.
  18. We have scary bright led lamps for driving fishing etc, and like said it's a common dive light color, it doesn't move which would have triggered me to pull a matt hooper and dive in to check it out it has the look of a shrimping light to me but with so many prosaic things to rule out I would stop at "unknown" before some silly leap to aliens.
  19. From your beloved EU's own online magazine: "Bitter pills: Europe struggles with medicine shortages" Quote: "A fragile supply chain and increased demand are causing a shortfall in the EU’s stock of critical medicines" - must be Brexit. Oh wait. 🤦👇👇👇👇 https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu/news/article/bitter-pills-medicine-shortages-in-europe If there's already a shortage of medicines in your beloved EUseless pellinore, how does not being in the EU make any difference, because we'd still have a shortage of medicines even if Brexit had never even happened, or are you trying to say we're not even fit to run our own country, and must forever rely on unelected bureaucrats in Brussels to run it for us instead? 🤔 In that case, how about you pay me billions of pounds every single year in perpetuity and let me take over your house and run it how I see fit, after all, you obviously think there's people in this world that are much better at running your own home than you are.
  20. Zod YinYang

Atlanteans

Well spotted. As Philip K. Dick said "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Cyclic cataclysm is not subject to our belief nor our disbelief, but >99.999% of the population will be devout disbelievers - until they see the mountains coming toward them - "Those aren't mountains".
  21. Palestinian Authority rails at US for vetoing statehood bid at UN The Palestinian Authority condemns the United States for vetoing a Palestinian bid for full UN membership, calling it an “aggression” that pushes the Middle East towards an “abyss.” The US policy “represents a blatant aggression against international law and an encouragement to the pursuit of the genocidal war against our people… which pushes the region ever further to the edge of the abyss.” Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’s office says in a statement. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/palestinian-authority-rails-at-us-for-vetoing-statehood-bid-at-un/ Hamas also issued a statement strongly condemning the US' veto. My heart bleeds.
  22. The Kennedy family came together en mass to back Joe Biden against RFK Jr. The interview I saw on the news showed them telling people to not let the Kennedy name sway them. His sister telling people to remember who her father was and what he stood for. More than a dozen of them were in Philadelphia for Biden's campaign rally. Kennedy family brushes off RFK Jr.’s campaign as they endorse Biden | CNN Politics Kennedy family endorses Biden in effort to deflate RFK Jr.'s candidacy | AP News Kennedy Family Members Endorse Biden En Masse In Public Snub For Relative RFK Jr. (msn.com)
  23. I learned something in this thread, I see some of this being used as a political tool but if the school thought it so horrible it deserved three days suspension for using the term then why didn't some hothead wanting to pick a fight with the kid for using it get three days off too? There is zero in the story to indicate the kid wasn't asking an honest question nor was there any reason to consider the term was being pointed at any one race so I do hope the hot head student wanting to fight over it who sure did escalate the situation and sounds like a troublemaker gets three off too, or I might just think the suspension is racially motivated and then a law suit is in order.
  24. That's right and most creatures discipline their young. As long as it's done out of love not anger and praise given when deserved. I believe lack of discipline and structure is why society is becoming more violent. Putting kids in time out isolation just makes them seethe with hatred and messes their mind up. Quick smack, over and done with and then back to a happy household 👍.
  1. Load more activity