Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nope, not me, and nothing to do with TDS, The point I was unable to make is this: If one reads history, one finds that the North and the South of the United States had growing disagreements on a number of issues for a couple of decades before open hostilities began in 1861. Many of the issues were not completely resolved by the Civil War and persisted for another 50-70 years. Thus Lincoln who presided during the Civil War did not start it nor did he live to see the reunification complete. He did not cause it. Events in the world do not go in convenient 4 year cycles. and sometimes they go on for decades. If multiple foreign powers are involved, some of them peers and near peers, their actions do not always fall neatly into US presidential terms. Neither Trump nor Biden is responsible for everything that Iran, Israel, China, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia the EU and other nations do. Many US citizens are tired of being the world's policeman.
  3. Source for full article and more reading. If you'd like to watch a lawyer's live stream of the sentencing, here's a video link:
  4. If it isn't the ''Poor Chicagoans'' turned loose on the ''Poor New Yorkers'' The ''Poor North Dakotans'' turned loose on the ''Poor South Dakotans'' where does it stop? A thousand years ago wars had these same types of chants, why can't modern men beat them. Why can't we be better in how we think about these things? And trust me it's easy to do when it's far away.. but if war comes to your doorstep and they don't have a uniform, will anyone hear your cries?
  5. If a man wishes to put on a wig, some lipstick, and a dress, then that is his choice. But forcing the rest of society to call him she and her is just ludicrous. Even worse, letting them into female changing rooms, female prisons, and anywhere else meant for females, is just a disgrace. What is happening to the world and all for a few people with issues, here and there? Its time all alternative gender pronouns were made illegal to stop this insanity, instead of politicians scrapping the barrel for votes by reinforcing this nonsense. JK Rowling is displaying leadership by outing this rubbish, and should not be punished in any way for doing so.
  6. I recall a similar incident in 2017 of an Indian catholic priest Tomy Mathew performing mass in an Australian catholic church being stabbed by a mentally ill person on the delusional reasoning that he is a Hindu /Muslim and not Christian, even though he wore christian priestly robes and performed Mass . It's unfortunate that priests are now the targets of the mentally ill. For his part Father Tomy Mathew stated that he does not have any anger or hatred towards his attacker and was praying for him.
  7. Some on UM have tried to put the blame for the 2020 BLM riots on Donald Trump's inability to control law and order. Not saying is you specifically, but it's a relatively common view on this particular forum. Though I'm not sure if this is a consistent approach to all Presidents, or whether this is just a manifestation of TDS in making Trump as guilty s possible in their eyes!
  8. Not true! Just the other day I saw a great indie film about a young person trying to make it in the big city. Something Brooklyn Something, I think it was called.
  9. Well of course, when the media tells you the sky is falling. Run for cover with Chicken Little.
  10. Today
  11. Doc Socks Junior

Doggerland

It's a student. It'll take them some time, certainly. A year is probably pushing it.
  12. I see the mistake I made, I thought we were talking about the 40-year-old.
  13. An another informative article on spontaneous awakenings by psychologist Jessica Corneille. https://therapytips.org/interviews/what-happens-when-you-have-a-spontaneous-spiritual-experience
  14. pauldaleroberts

Haunted Coachella Valley

Haunted Coachella Valley Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations Coachella Valley is a very haunted valley in California. If you ever decide to travel to Coachella Valley, just be careful, it's also a speed trap. When I was driving through Coachella Valley back in the late 80s, an officer pulled me over and claimed I was doing 85 in a 65-mph zone. I decided to fight the $250.00 speeding ticket and had to go back to Coachella Valley, to their courthouse. It was a waste of time. I was found guilty. The only thing exciting is that the guy before me was a jailhouse prisoner and when he was sitting in the witness seat, he jumped out of the courtroom with 5 deputies chasing him. The reason I went to Coachella Valley the first time was to see a friend and to check out some haunted sites. Here is my list of haunted places in Coachella Valley and yes, Coachella Valley is still a speed trap: La Quinta Resort and Club: This 1920s resort in La Quinta has been the stage for spectral happenings. Guests have reported shadowy apparitions, disembodied voices, and eerie unexplained noises within the bungalows. Tor Regis of Palm Springs, CA reported seeing "Bleeding Eyes", a ghostly woman figure in a pinkish bathrobe walking around with blood droplets dripping from her eyes. Joshua Tree Inn: Located in Joshua Tree, this inn is believed to be haunted by the ghost of Gram Parsons, the godfather of country rock. Gram died in Room 8 from a drug overdose in the early '70s. Tourists claim that small items mysteriously move, and mirrors will shift around. A few tourists have heard the soft melody of the song Juanita, which was written by Gram Parsons. Special Note: HPI Paranormal Investigator Xandean Smith has investigated various UFO sightings at Joshua Tree National Park. UFO sightings are a common occurrence at Coachella Valley and Joshua Tree National Park. Yaqui Well: Tourists have made claim that they see three male ghosts holding hands. The locals call these three men ghosts "The Three Amigos". They appear to be excited as they seem to have found something, most likely gold. Witnesses says that they will see The Three Amigos dancing around the well in celebration. Some witnesses have heard hearty laughter. Yaqui Well is about 39.3 miles from Coachella. Franklin B. from Visalia claims to have seen the Three Amigos and one of the ghostly men pointed at something on the ground. Franklin B. went over to investigate after The Three Amigos vanished and discovered a small gold pebble. Payless ShoeSource: 47.4 miles from Coachella, is Banning. Here we have a haunted Payless ShoeSource. Witnesses have seen shoes fly off the shelves. (This has not been verified). A source that does not want to be identified says that shoes flying off the shelves doesn't happen very often. But when it does, the credit is given to the ghost known as the Little Shoe Boy. The story goes that a young boy, denied a pair of shoes by his mother, ran out of the store and was fatally struck by a car. Some say his ghost still lingers in the Payless breakroom. Julian Gold Rush Hotel: Located in Ramona. Ramona is 48.4 miles from Coachella. This historic hotel was once a restaurant. Albert, the original owner, has been glimpsed in mirrors, pipe in hand. Upstairs, lace doilies and other objects seem to move on their own. Sunnyslope Cemetery: In Beaumont (48.4 miles from Coachella), visitors have reported cold spots, strange noises, uneasy feelings, and even touches from unseen hands. A ghostly groundskeeper is said to vanish into a shed. There has also been a UFO sighting over the cemetery. During a sunny afternoon, witnesses reported an otherworldly diamond, hanging in the sky, sparkling blue and yellow. The object, whatever it was, came from the east, flying through the San Gorgonio Pass. It curled south towards the city, where it would hover for the next 90 minutes, mystifying witnesses. At first, the diamond flew back and forth, moving exceedingly fast. Sometimes it was perfectly still, as if sitting in the sky. At one point, it began to dart back and forth, "swinging" between the city and mountains. And then, as if one UFO was not enough, the diamond was joined by another object, a flashing reddish-orange light that flew in from the east. The UFOs were not only seen over the cemetery, but they also appeared in Palm Springs, CA. Special Note: Karen Jean Walker Caruso was a temporary resident in Palm Springs, CA and on one night when she was in her hot tub, she saw a glowing blue orb in the sky. The orb pulsated for about 5 minutes and then shot straight up in the sky. Vallecito Stage Station County Park: This park is 49.8 miles from Coachella. Numerous ghostly apparitions have been seen on the trail. Many people have seen a phantom stagecoach, along with a spirit of a horse. Mysterious lights have been seen in the night sky. Ufologists and ghost hunters say that this is a paranormal hotspot. Darren Vonik from Modesto, CA claims he saw "Half Pint", a ghostly midget that has been known to run about the park with his chubby little hands over his mouth giggling. Darren asked a park employee what is that little midget ghost? The employee says..."oh, that's Half Pint." The employee says that Half Pint has recently showed up and doesn't know what the background story is on this ghostly midget. The Oak Tree: A popular teen hangout spot for decades, locals know it as “The Oak Tree.” Stone ruins, now covered in graffiti, conceal a dark history. Several bodies have been discovered here, adding to its eerie reputation. A local says that The Oak Tree is haunted by Mr. Whispers. Mr. Whispers is an entity that will whisper in your ear, while you are on a date with your girlfriend. Captain’s Anchorage: Situated in Big Bear Lake, which is about 56.3 miles from Coachella, this locale hosts the ghost of George, an alleged embezzler who either took his own life or was murdered. Lights flicker, footsteps echo, and beer bottles are mysteriously thrown. Palomar Inn: Dating back to the 1920s, this historic inn served as a resting place for travelers between San Diego and Los Angeles. Albert, the original owner, continues to make appearances in mirrors, pipe in hand. Pipe smell is usually detected, before Albert shows up. If you smell pipe smoke....Albert is coming!
  15. He is 40 in the accounts I read: Five women were among the six people killed by 40-year-old Joel Cauchi when he rampaged through Bondi Junction’s busy Westfield shopping center on Saturday, turning the weekend fall afternoon into a scene of panic and terror.
  16. Is Lincoln the worst President in US history because the Civil War happened on his watch?
  17. The RLV-LEX-02 experiment was built upon the success of the RLV-LEX-01 mission last year, involved more challenging maneuvers and dispersions, requiring the vehicle to correct both cross-range and downrange deviations before landing autonomously on the runway as per ISRO. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/science/pushpak-viman-lands-successfully-how-isros-new-launch-vehicle-can-pave-the-way-for-affordable-space-exploration/articleshow/108696838.cms?from=mdr
  18. Oy... that's quite cringe-worthy. Druids are a religious subgroup of some Celtic tribes (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/druid) -- a "job description", if you will, within a culture (not a civilization.) And there are other henges around. Stonehenge PRE-dates the Celts in England, who arrived about 1,000 BC (missing out on constructing Stonehenge by over a 1500 years) https://museum.wales/articles/1341/Who-were-the-Celts/#:~:text=Celts in Britain,and traditions continue to exist.
  19. A lot of shootings here in the US have been young kids like that too.
  20. susieice

Sydney Terror Attack

The BBC is reporting that police said he was targeting women. I just heard about the church stabbing. Just so sad. Bondi Junction mall attack: 'Obvious' killer targeted women, Sydney police say (bbc.com)
  21. I don't think you've considered the implications of this. For one thing, it implies that the observer (the one who looks at the clock and "understands" that it's set an alarm for 9) believes that the clock has just 12 numbers on its dial and is set up in a certain way. It doesn't work if you have a 24 hour clock (where numbers go from 0 to 2400) or if you have a 13 hour clock... etc. And the clock you present isn't changing shape all the time and keeps consistent time. This is not the case with stellar observations. If I go outside with a telescope and decide to focus on AlNitak (just for example), I get my gear set up, twiddle with everything until I get the right focus (a right royal pain, lemme tell you), and I have about 15 minutes before the star has moved. If I go back to look at the star an hour later, it's not there. If I try the next night at the exact same time, the star has shifted a bit and I have to fiddle with the gear again or wait until next year when it will "mostly" be in the same spot at that precise moment. You are treating the sky as an immovable and unchanging object. If the lights went out every night and Orion was just *right there* and never moved, you could make a case for it pointing to AlNitak. But it's all over the sky. It's well known that the Egyptians didn't like to go out at night (they thought it was demon-haunted.) and they didn't set up formal observatory buildings like the Maya, the Aztec, or the Observatory of Naburimannu until fairly late, and their clocks (water and others) could not actually measure minutes. So the idea that that they'd set up an exact time to confirm their observations is not correct. Insisting that they did doesn't make it true. Putting two things in relationship to each other doesn't mean that the relationship is true (my cat and the Washington Monument. I can point to the slope of her ear and the slope of the pyramidion on top of the Washington monument... but that doesn't mean the angle of the pyramidion is based on cat ears.) What makes something true (in ancient times) is writings or diagrams that show these things are related. You would need to show that: they named AlNitak - unequivocal naming (which would mean finding names for all three belt stars) It was an important star in a religious sense (verses supporting a reason for pointing at it) there was a festival of some sort for that star (which is when they'd measure its angle) that at this time they were tracking and measuring stars And that they tracked the precession of stars. It's coincidence until you have proof of those, and the idea that "it's an artifact of the way they constructed pyramids" is the correct explanation.
  22. Indian researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have designed a sustainable hydrogel to remove microplastics from water. https://www.deccanherald.com/science/iisc-bengaluru-develops-sustainable-hydrogel-that-removes-microplastics-from-water-2975465
  23. I believe you. But at the same time, there were a lot of moms and pops that got washed out and it makes me think government, or maybe it was an enemy attempt, or a natural epidemic, whichever it was, it did change the world and I believe it’s effects are yet to be seen.
  24. Hankenhunter

Religion pulled apart by Dan Barker

If you have time, Google corporations that made record profits during Covid 19. It's an eye opener.
  25. Agree. But to get full international support the US needs the UN to be given proof that Iran is sponsoring terrorism. I believe the UNSC has only raised Resolutions against the regime for their Uranium enrichment program and the UNHRC for their discrmination against women and their death penalty. In relation to terrorism Iran has actually claimed to be victims of terrorism (link) in front of a UN delegation committee back in 2014 and don't associate people's struggle against occupation as terrorism:: Iran opposes any attempt to equate the legitimate struggle of peoples under colonial or alien domination and foreign occupation for self-determination and national liberation with terrorism. I don't think their stance has changed in 10 years so getting full international support with sanctions is going to be hard. Not sure what other strategies can be adopted to clip this regimes wings.
  1. Load more activity