Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ah but this isn't amateur video it's a traffic camera.
  3. Exactly. The thing would have been visible to the driver in the outer lane to the right of the frame and that there was no reaction is pretty implausible.
  4. Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

HOLD UP! No gloves?
  5. Only about 300 Visayan warty pigs (Sus cebifrons)—known for the males’ distinctive mohawks—exist in captivity; their wild population is unknown. Previously found throughout the lush rainforests of the Philippines’ six West Visayas islands, the critically endangered swine now roams small pockets of only two: Panay and Negros. Near-total deforestation for valuable hardwoods in the 1970s and ‘80s ravaged the West Visayas, slashing the species’ habitat to less than 4 percent of its original size on Negros Island and less than 8 percent on Panay. One of the world’s rarest pigs, the Visayan is close behind the Bawean warty pig and pygmy hog, whose numbers are also in the low hundreds. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/04/endangered-warty-pigs-mohawks-philippines/
  6. acute

Alpacas everywhere!

7. Deer whistles work and they are only a few bucks. That goes for you too @XenoFish
  8. Word Association from the Last Letter

respect -> this "in this respect"
  9. Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

Send him up the shops then lol.
  10. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

How many of them are from a dodgy background? lmao I dont think it would matter with MEPs but might get in the way of MPs. I notice there isn't a banned list of parties or groups as there is with UKIP.
  11. I'm just going by what it appears to be.
  12. Worldwide Walls

Build the wall, and a major transit "point" is removed, forcing the smugglers and illegal immigrants to 'funnel' into tighter and tighter corridors. This seems very obvious to me ?
  13. Unsung Heroes of Science!

She was my number two entry lol. Remarkable woman.
  14. Strange creature captured crossing highway

I have too but it's unlikely for there to be no reaction at all even post near miss. It always scares the heck out of me.
  15. Preceding 1st + Last letters come in New Word

duet -> hairbreadth
  16. Climate Change is a Hoax

True. But how does that disprove climate change? Doug
  17. Can I just ask of those that are convinced of the reality of the Law of Attraction... How would you explain it to ordinary people in, say, Venezuela, South Sudan or Syria?
  18. Climate Change is a Hoax

tmcom: About green conversion in Australia: I don't know exactly how much weight to put on each of the factors you are telling me. I suspect that I don't have the whole story and that I'm not getting it from you. You have not convinced me that wind won't work, only that Australia's grid may not be up to the job. In America, when confronted with a problem we solve it. That's what Australia needs to do, too. If you need a new grid to make conversion work, then you need to build one. If you need to shift usage away from peak load, then you devise an incentive plan to do that. Detroit (when it still made cars), used to cry about not being able to meet pollution requirements. When California told them "OK. You can't sell your cars here. We'll buy Japanese cars," they got off their rear ends and solved the problem. If you need to find a way, you can. Doug
  19. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I'm already one of the foot soldiers. The North West has candidates.
  20. Worldwide Walls

and splitting ethnic groups? Or were groups mixing intentionally? Both Mexico ans the U.S allowed the gangs and cartels to get out of control. Half the time it was the ranchers and farmers who had to deal with the smugglers without help. The New Jersey State Police were outright afraid of the gangs and avoided interacting with them. The Texas Rangers the opposite, but the Lefties won't let them do what needs to be done. A border wall is a useless waste of resources. Go after the cartels themselves if you want to fix things. I'm more than certain Mexico wouldn't mind the U.S targeting them rather than trying to stop their routes.
  21. I can safely say....nope i think my one bedroom flat....(apartment)..would be far too small.....especially the bathroom
  22. I don't know, I've almost hit deer that seem to come out of nowhere.
  23. Making The Law of Attraction Actually Work

I probably at work when you replied, no offence.
  24. Unsung Heroes of Science!

Lise Meitner https://ostaustria.org/bridges-magazine/volume-19-october-16-2008/item/3580-austrian-woman-physicist-lise-meitner-1878-1968-and-the-discovery-of-nuclear-fission
  25. Strange creature captured crossing highway

The car that almost hits it never brakes or swerves. Most likely because there was nothing there.
  26. Climate Change is a Hoax

I was red-carded as a Firing Boss, Tractor Boss and Field Observer (Single Resource). I have fought project fires (The BIG ones). These include the Black Tiger Fire (Google it.), Lefthand Fire, Old Stage Fire, Beaver Lake Fire and Murphy Gulch Fire (all in Colorado). I have written more Defensible Space plans than I can count. It is true that many people do not practice Defensible Space around their houses and that more houses than necessary burn because of it. It is also true that fire suppression has resulted in the accumulation of fuels that make existing fires worse. Back in the 1980s, the cost of an average Defensible Space practice was $1000 and included about an acre of treatment. The practice is restricted to private land and many houses are within two or three feet of USFS land (In Black Tiger Gulch, many houses straddled the property lines.). Thus, it is impossible to clear a strip wide enough to do any good without risking a fine from the USFS. The USFS owns 193 million acres. To treat that entire area, you are talking about a cost of over $193 BILLION dollars. Not even us liberals would agree to that. And that doesn't count land managed by the Bureau of Land Management, or state land, or any of the private land that is mixed with Federal land. A TRILLION dollars is more like it - half a trillion for Federal land only. So YOU laugh at people for not doing enough. Here's a research article:: Williams, A. A. J., D. J. Karoly and N. Tapper. 2001. The sensitivity of Australian fire danger to climate change. Climate Change 49(1-2) 171-191. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1010706116176 22 April 2019. I googled "fire danger climate change" on Google Scholar and got pages of papers. The California fire season is now year-roung, up from eight months just 30 years ago. Less rainfall = drier fuels = worse fires. Also, warmer winters = fewer bark beetles dying because of cold = more dead trees = more fuel. BTW: that change is in the 30-year average, the definition of climate change. Doug
  1. Load more activity