Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. "A clergyman's notebook, thought to date back to the 16th Century, has been mysteriously returned to a New Forest church. "It was handed to the current vicar of Minstead by a woman who said she had bought it from a US hitchhiker and wanted it "back where it belongs". "The 150 pages of notes on births, deaths and marriages appear to have been written by curates in the parish." Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-49729511
  3. sci-nerd

Many worlds hypothesis disproven

No it isn't. It has always been fringe. Now it's bad fringe. You need a new definition to revive it. A new hypothesis. Good luck!
  4. Scholar4Truth

Could Jack have survived 'Titanic' ?

Rose promised she would never let Jack go, yet she did by letting him sink to the bottom of the ocean! and yes im being sarcastic so the pun is intended
  5. RabidMongoose

Its not broken, its main stream physics. There are 5 theories all accepted, all taught, and none of them can currently be falsified. Even worse, they might all just be different ways of saying the same thing.
  6. sci-nerd

That is hand waving. A hypothesis that is already weak has now become even weaker. That is broken in my book,
  7. The ancestor of some of the largest flying birds ever has been found in Waipara, North Canterbury. Bony-toothed birds (Pelagornithids), an ancient family of huge seafaring birds, were thought to have evolved in the Northern Hemisphere—but that theory has been upended by the discovery of the family's oldest, but smallest member in New Zealand. At 62 million-years-old, the newly-discovered Protodontopteryx ruthae, is one of the oldest named bird species in the world. It lived in New Zealand soon after the dinosaurs died out. https://phys.org/news/2019-09-scientists-world-oldest-bird-species.html
  8. Farmer77

LoneStar Tick Arises?

Im still not convinced Ticks arent genetically engineered bioweapons. It seems every side effect their bite offers is perfectly designed to demoralize a fighting force.
  9. Scholar4Truth

Hunger does cloud your judgement

It not only does hunger cloud your judgement, it makes you feel nauseated, and for some including myself tend to get the shakes. it's part of a condition called Hypoglycemia https://www.everydayhealth.com/hypoglycemia/guide/
  10. RabidMongoose

Thats not what he told you. He told you that making MWI work becomes more difficult because of it, not broken.
  11. sci-nerd

I know, that's why I made this OP. To tell you about it. This OP is about the consequence of magnetic fields in the wave state. A consequence that the original authors haven't realized yet, it seems. Remember, I got it validated by a physicist. Are you a physicist?
  12. Doug1o29

LoneStar Tick Arises?

I don't know about red meat, but I got STARI from a tick bite. Put me in the hospital for a week. Avoid ticks if you can. Doug
  13. Yeah, that makes zero sense. Some nutjob is trying to get in the house so you nothing but go hide?
  14. Exhibits include: - Photos - Bones/books/casts of footprints, and casts of hands - Human skulls (replica) - bear, gorilla, neanderthal - State maps with Bigfoot sightings - A "killing field" - Visit the "Bone Room" and "Patty & Sassy's Home" - Hear authentic Bigfoot "talking" https://www.visithastingsnebraska.com/things-to-do.html?
  15. Stiff

Stiff

My son, who's into astronomy, asked me how stars die.

I said, "It's usually an overdose, son."

16. RabidMongoose

There is the wave part of the atom, and when it interacts with a measuring device it takes on the properties of a particle. Mass, location, speed, direction of travel, are particle properties and only come into existence as a result of measurement. The wave is the probability field from which the particle properties come into existence from. It also has some wave properties unique to it. That is all that is known about what a wavefunction is and how the particle (the collection of particle properties) comes into existence from it as a result of measurement. With `MWI` the scientists are arguing that all possibilities physically exist as particles unified together in the wavefunction. Again the experiment only proves time symmetry can be broken. It actually says nothing about the validity of `MWI`. Its actually impossible at this point in history to rule out MWI or any of the quantum theory alternatives that are currently taught. Thats why they are all taught. They are saying because the wavefunction contains all possibilities you cannot go back before it to the original starting conditions. Not that any outcomes in the wavefunction (as in MWI outcomes) dont exist. Hence, information about the past before the wavefunction is lost.
  17. Scholar4Truth

Alien Interview

In terms of the Alien Autopsy film, I believe the person involved with its production and participation later came forward and stated it was a hoax and that they were paid for taking part in it.
  18. spartan max2

The house I recently moved into is haunted

Why in the world did he run to his room and not wake everyone up when some weirdo is leaning on your front door in the middle of the night?
  19. stevewinn

Another example of BBC propaganda

now your talking about going from bad to worse. still doesn't excuse or improve the bad though.
  20. Stiff

"Sooty Faces" replace Blackfaces in Holland

Won't sooty faces be just as bad?
  21. sci-nerd

It cripples it. The MWI is based on one simple principle: If observation makes particles form, then where are they when we don't look? That's it. That's all the basis for parallel universes. This proves they never leave or are elsewhere. They are just in an applicable wave state.
  22. aztek

Maoris ban 'barbarian' Captain Cook's ship

brutality and barbarism are not the same thing, a barbarian may be brutal, but a brutal roman is no barbarian
  23. It seems to be more then a Bigfoot museum. More like a mixture of Bigfoot and human oddities.
  24. stereologist

Cat's Ghost Successfully Photographed

A judgement based on irrational methods is an irrational judgement. Not to say it is crazy but it is not based on evidence and reason and logic. The source of the information is a story. That story has not been verified and frankly verifying the story is something skeptics do, not believers because it might show the story to be a hoax and what believer wants that to happen. The basis is indistinguishable from fiction. Applying wishful thinking is not consideration.
  25. RabidMongoose

It doesnt invalidate or reinforce it. What the research is saying is that physicists created an experiment which broke time symmetry. In essence, if you were to run time backwards from the end of the experiment to the start then you wouldnt arrive back at the same start conditions. This is because in the middle of the experiment there was a wavefunction (thats a probability wave containing all possibilities). When time is run backwards to that point it cannot be run backwards any further. This is because there is no specific scenario to run backwards too, but rather all possible pasts. So in essence its impossible in practical terms to get back to the original starting conditions of the experiment. Bonkers, but the research you are linking too isn't the first instance of breaking time symmetry. If you are a follower of parallel universes then it means there are parallel histories. If you dont like that theory then you can all pasts existing in the multi-verse, or you can have extra dimensions existing, the choice is a matter of preference. The reason why there are so many quantum theories is that they are all compatible with each other and the existing physicists. So its irrelevant which one you pick. Also, something better might come along.
  1. Load more activity