Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. It's a toss up between "Edge of Seventeen" and "Landslide" for me.
  3. A bunch of old men complaining on social media about kids getting off of their butts and taking action. Oh how the tides have turned.
  4. The point is that whoever wrote Mark fabricated an allegorical micro OT inline with Pauline theology. This was done by directly quoting scripture (or Pauline reference) in the narrative, or through symbolism. Mark 12:28-34 "28 One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" 29 Jesus answered, "The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; 30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." 32 Then the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that 'he is one, and besides him there is no other'; 33 and 'to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength,' and 'to love one's neighbor as oneself,' — this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34 When Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that no one dared to ask him any question." Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. 5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might." Leviticus 19:18b "18b you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD." Romans 13:8-10 "8 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; You shall not murder; You shall not steal; You shall not covet"; and any other commandment, are summed up in this word, "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law." Galatians 5:14 "14 For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."' 1 Samuel 15:22b "22b Surely, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams." Hosea 6:6 "6 For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings." As for my previous example; Paul forbids partnership with demons, or drinking of their cup. Mark 9:38a, :41 "38a John said to him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name," "41 For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward." 1 Corinthians 10:3-4, :20-21 "3 and all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ." "20 No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be partners with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons." Exodus 16:15 "15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to one another, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, "It is the bread that the LORD has given you to eat." Exodus 17:5-6 "5 The LORD said to Moses, "Go on ahead of the people, and take some of the elders of Israel with you; take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will be standing there in front of you on the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it, so that the people may drink." Moses did so, in the sight of the elders of Israel."
  5. You had better.
  6. I've caught a damn cold
  7. Love me some Dio.
  8. If you can not find you're own middle ground Will. Then you need to keep looking.
  9. My favorite Fleetwood Mac song is probably still Sara though.
  10. But what if the 'middle ground' is really quick sand, artfully covered up to make it look like it's a safe place to stand?
  11. To leap to And Then defence - he and others HAVE in the past said that people who are unstable shouldn’t have access to guns. They lay the blame at the feet of irresponsible gun owners for allowing people in the middle of psychotic episodes to have access to guns.
  12. It's hard to type and sing Gypsy at the same time. Lol.
  13. I think it was the 1st song I ever sang with a band.
  14. Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
  15. One of my favorite songs by them.
  16. I don't really prefer anything, just being counter to what's been posted (for the sake of discussion). Frankly, after signing the spending bill I just might join your side.
  17. Still Loving You Scorpions
  18. Ah, so you prefer the backtrack over the original statement. What do you think he means when he says 'I believe he believes it'? If Trump believes that Putin believes his country had no hand in meddling, that is de facto Trump saying that he believes Putin had nothing to do with it.
  19. Anything stick out?
  20. I have to believe there is a real life plot but, whatever it might be, I regularly lose it! As to my head, I lose it occasionally but believe it is still on my shoulders, isn't it?
  21. I'm much better at Holy Diver, I think.
  22. I used to love this show where these guys went around and pretended to be tour guides and stuff. Can't remember what it was called.
  23. Old fashion slings s work pretty good as well although I was never accurate as some. I did have a girlfriend once that tried to teach me. She was an anthropology grad student into trying slings and atllatls. I gotta admit, I am having a little trouble taking this seriously, it is kinda a fun Saturday topic. But it does have a serious side I guess. People are looking for alternatives that are palatable to them. Skliss I like the wasp spray idea. Admittedly a firearm is probably better against a firearm 100 feet away. Coming around a corner, wasp spray or a rock might have a chance. No weapon would be easy to use if the shooter is in a crowd. I am not a combat veteran so I will defer to those that are. I believe most of the school and shopping mall shooters in the US are not veterans either. Maybe that gives alternative defenses a better chance. I did think the comment that a kid possibly old enough to buy an assault weapon could not be trusted to stay out of mischief around a box of rocks. Enjoy the weekend.
  24. I'm back but might be in and out. I'm studying some of the artifacts in the new exhibit and am trying to learn everything. I can make stuff up like no one's business, but it just sounds better when you're speaking from authority.
  25. Ha...Rainbow in the Dark!
  26. Kings of Leon Use Somebody
  1. Load more activity