Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. So...has this now turned into an abortion thread...I haven't really been following.
  3. Before the Moon leaves Aquarius I have one more point to make. Einstein's thought experiments ushered in the Age of Theoretical Physics. Unfortunately, most modern scientists attempt to make their observations fit their theory, instead of vice versa. The Big Bang is a classic example. Since it takes 1,364.27 years for the spiral to travel one LY, it is impossible to determine the motions of stars in one lifetime - much less the motions of galaxies. So astronomers tell us that the expansion of the Universe is detectable by the redshifting of light. Since sound & light propagate as a waves, and sound displays a Doppler shift, then light should also display a redshift. Here is the problem - light travels 874,028 inches, or 13.8 miles, in the time sound travels one inch. Light moves 165.5 miles in the time sound travels one foot. Light has gone 874,028 miles in the 4.5 seconds it takes sound to go one mile. The Doppler shift for sound is noticeable - not so for light. With that, I now leave you intellectual mushrooms to go back to living in the dark & being fed bull****.
  4. The only line I recall from that little ditty was : "Won the lottery, and died the next day"
  5. nope, its true but pattys feet dont look like feet like dick smith make up guru said, he would do fancy painting on them....
  6. You assume too much. I was quantifying intelligence and imagination, and not the un-intelligent and the unimaginative. Besides, I haven't yet put in writ my story, therefore we'll measure your IQ, and fear tolerance after you read my book. Please take back your premature appreciation.
  7. I don't believe you

Then, to honor Jesus, you should sell your computer. Just trying to help you get to heaven...
  8. My thoughts on aliens

we didnt see it, we cant read the news paper account, you didnt post a time, day, date place so we can look it up so at the moment for me its just a story. I am unable to get a better picture of the article posted here, besides, am I in a court of law? I have no desire to prove anything to you. I was just telling of an experience I had, take it or leave it. If you don't think we are getting screwed every time one of us gets on a plane and pays out the nose for a long assed flight, that's up to you. I'm sure they're hiding all types of things that would be beneficial to us. Peace.
  9. acute

"A legacy of failure: Theresa May was a disaster as Prime Minister."

(Well... I'm glad I was sitting down for that!)

1. Piney

Piney

She tried so hard to be Judy Dench......but she just didn't have the brain cells...what a shame....:(

10. Couldn't read the book or watch the movie. Kids die.....no, just no.... Awesome series and I considered the movie just another universe along the Beam and liked it too. Every member of the Jowett family, including my mother and uncle, who could all read it in it's original language considered nothing more than a allegory. Never read it, never will, have no interest. Greece, like Egypt, is way overdone and bores me.
  11. Let's talk about the Devil

I'd say sadist. The devil's his scapegoat.
  12. Let's talk about the Devil

Yeah, he's the ultimate pervert.
  13. Let's talk about the Devil

So if you really think about it. God creates the troubles and hardship you go through just to test your loyalty.
  14. Let's talk about the Devil

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/satan Satan remains inferior to God and is incapable of taking action on mortals without God’s permission. Basically the "Devil" is god's employ of the month, forever. He does god's will.
  15. I don't believe you

Just hearsay. Facts and numbers?.
  16. Let's talk about the Devil

Nice list, but there is only the book of Job, where the servant of God, called Satan, obeys his master, God (the true evil). The few other verses you quote are very much a question of interpretation. So, will you continue to support your evil master, and continue to advocate his subjects as culprits, when all they did, was do his bidding? The only conclusions to this thread is that if God exists, he is an evil son of a b****, and if not, the world is better off without him. Satan is just a scapegoat and a scare tactic for the fanatics.
  17. Let's talk about the Devil

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/satan-the-adversary/ in the Hebrew Bible at least, Satan is ultimately subordinate to God, carrying out his purpose on earth. Or that he isn’t real at all, but is merely a metaphor for sinful impulses.
  18. Women are losing mother side?

Just some food for thought... Florida state Representative says God has told him to rewrite abortion bill with no exceptions https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-state-representative-says-god-222659087.html
  19. I don't believe you

They say Jesus went and got them out. Harte
  20. I don't believe you

I don't buy that. Harte
  21. Dogs that pose highest risk of biting children

People who say that "the owners are at fault" are unaware of the history. Dogs have been selectively bred to accentuate their traits for 15,000 years. Look at the Pit-Bull incidents vs. Labrador incidents, and you will see that certain dog breeds are dangerous and others are docile.
  22. True! In the summer I have my Cheetah hands. Furry knuckles and all.
  23. JVG

Trump and Prime Minister Abe are scheduled to play golf today.  I wonder who counts the strokes in this match???

1. Piney

Piney

Abe's going to tell him the same thing he told May. We're making our own weapons now and they're better than yours. Toss off! :)

24. The book, at a little over a thousand pages, ended too soon - like so many of his other novels (like The Shining and The Stand.) The Dark Tower series spoiled me, I guess. Harte
  25. I don't believe you

True Charity is not measured by the largest monetary quantity, but by the sacrifice of the self. As far as the Christians go, and what Jesus taught, when it comes to money given as charity, there are no true Christians, unless all is given. As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3“Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.” . Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 18“Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,’ c and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ d ” 20“All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?” 21Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
  26. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

RavenHawk that is nit-piking. It is a principle in the Constitution, the executive can't shift money, doesn't matter how closely related you might think they are. Long ago, you convinced me that in addition to beefed-up checkpoints barriers at least in vulnerable areas were a necessity. The money needs to be allocated properly. Principles have to apply all the time whether you like the situation or not.
  1. Load more activity