Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thought I'd share this story about propellentless propulsion research alledged advancement. https://thedebrief.org/nasa-veterans-propellantless-propulsion-drive-that-physics-says-shouldnt-work-just-produced-enough-thrust-to-defeat-earths-gravity/
  3. This is a bit harsh Piney. I know the Greeks have some money problems but they still have maps and know about America.... lol hahahahaha
  4. That's only the goal if you find the pain from impermanence of 'sense-pleasures' intolerable. I've had many pleasures where the good vastly outweighed the pain so it was overall a positive. I've got nothing against just sitting safely on the beach enjoying the peace of the rhythm of the waves on the shore, but some of us would rather get out there and surf. I don't personally look to monks as sources of overall 'wisdom'. Maybe they have achieved some sort of bliss which is good for them, but everything has opportunity costs.
  5. My brothers once conducted a rather elaborate cleansing ritual to rid our home of an 'evil entity'. Not to brag or anything, but one perk of being both Jewish and Christian is having that much more in the way of fire power. In addition to holy water, my brothers armed themselves with a homemade crucifix, the Star of David, a bottle of olive oil, and a jar of strawberry jam. In case you didn't know, demons and other evil entities love jam, so a good way to neutralize them is to distract them with their favourite sweet treat (it's an old Jewish superstition). The 'evil entity' my brothers were trying to neutralize, by the way, was me and their efforts backfired. They were grounded and I was taken out for ice cream. I was really young at the time, and although I knew a little something about the other items, I could not figure out the olive oil. My understanding now is that it's not the oil itself, but the intent behind it. Am I correct in this?
  6. Maybe there was a secret cache left behind by some of those 9,000 year old Athenians. Sorry, couldn’t resist.
  7. Hi Ajay When did Egypt quit being a civilization as it seems they are still where they always were and still called Egypt?
  8. jmccr8

Current Ukrainian counteroffensives

Shoigu's deputy Ivanov is suspected of treason, say “Important Stories” The real reason for the arrest of Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov is treason, two unrelated sources close to the FSB told Important Stories. “A bribe is for the public. So far they don’t want to talk publicly about treason - it’s a big scandal: after all, the Deputy Minister of Defense,” said one of the interlocutors. “No one would have detained him for corruption. Everyone there [in the Kremlin] knew about this for a long time. Putin gave the command after he managed to convince us that this was precisely a matter of treason,” another source claims. “Now they are deciding what to do with him: either they will jail him for a bribe and “finish off” him in the zone, or reclassify the charge as treason,” the source said. https://t.me/pilotblog/11565
  9. jmccr8

UK to send Paveway IV laser-guided precision bombs to Ukraine - The Telegraph The aircraft bomb carries a 500-pound high-explosive warhead and uses GPS and laser guidance for precise targeting. The bombs can be installed on American-made F-16 fighters, or on old Soviet-era aircraft https://t.me/pilotblog/11564
  10. jmccr8

At night, SBU drones attacked oil refineries in the Smolensk region and Voronezh UAVs also attacked the Lipetsk Tractor Plant, which produces, among other things, chassis for military equipment. The extent of damage to the plant is currently unknown. https://t.me/pilotblog/11563?single Videos in link
  11. Today
  12. You just have to understand everything is temporary and enjoy it while you can.
  13. Google "Quaker business practices and reforms". We make Capitalism and simplicity work.
  14. The Greeks had no awareness of the Americas and the Columbian Exchange negates any hard contact with the Americas.
  15. AJ, the idea that suggesting one must renounce all desires and pleasures in pursuit of enlightenment is fear-mongering or an overly restrictive perspective on life. Embracing and enjoying the experiences, possessions, and relationships that bring happiness and fulfillment can indeed be considered a valuable part of the human experience. Each person has unique values, priorities, and paths to fulfillment. Wisdom involves respecting and honoring individual preferences regarding what brings joy and meaning to their lives. For some, material possessions or experiences play a significant role in personal happiness, and denying individuals this source of joy isn’t your call or anyone else’s. Enjoying life's pleasures does not inherently conflict with spiritual growth or wisdom. One can practice mindful consumption, gratitude, and self-awareness while appreciating their experiences and possessions without becoming overly attached or driven by insatiable desires. Neglecting the pursuit of joy, pleasure, and desires in favor of strict renunciation can and does lend to feelings of deprivation, resentment, or a sense of missing out on life's offerings. Finding a healthy balance between enjoyment and personal growth is the more viable option.
  16. IDF preparing to start Rafah operation 'very soon' after mass evacuation of the city The IDF is preparing to begin the ground operation in Rafah "very soon," beginning with a massive evacuation of over a million Palestinians, Kan 11 reported Tuesday evening, citing two American officials. Palestinians will reportedly be required to evacuate in the next four to five weeks to tent complexes that international aid organizations have set up. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-798390
  17. For once I agree with you 100%.
  18. Rain which was forecast even before the cloud seeding took place. We need to get some of those weather forecasters from Dubai over here!
  19. You watch too much TV. How do you know anything if you watch TV?
  20. @The0neXis site sekpi.org no longer available?
  21. Piney

This England from Richard II by William Shakespeare

Shakespeare's greatest quote... "First we kill all the lawyers".
  22. One screwed up meth***** doesn't the whole world make!
  23. The reason that humans smoke and drink and no other animal species do is simply because we have no fur to keep us warm in the winter. So, we found that fire was a great help. In our subsequent understanding of fire, we discovered smoking and drinking. What does any of that have to do with mental illness. Everyone can have moments of wisdom and insight. But Indian Gurus get waaaay too much credit for their 'wisdom' and 'insight', which by and large consists of how to present oneself in order to scam money out of duped followers.
  24. During the Crusades the Jews were attacked and slaughtered all over Europe for many reasons including the Crusades. The Jews were also allies with the Spanish Muslims which is why Spain was so hard on them during the Reconquista.
  1. Load more activity