Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The claim of those with a failed position is that those exposing the truth about an event is that "you were not there." It is extremely rare for the supporter to have been there. They want to believe even though they were not there. There are plenty of examples of things that exist and how they operate is known yet "you were not there." 1. tides 2. climbing Everest 3. ancient sites 4. geological formations 5. stock markets And as the King of Siam said, "Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera". The "you were not there" argument simply fits in well with a failed position.
  3. writing complaint to police dept will get you nowhere even a complaint to IA is almost always useless, you can be sure that whoever takes complaint will inform officer, and retaliation is very likely. if not certain, one needs to have a video, or other documented proof, upload to you tube, multiple social media sites, even dept FB page. nowadays all police dept have their pages, and write\send evidence to city hall, news agencies, civilian oversight unit, there will be no use to talk to a desk sergeant with god complex. the best way to deal with a badge is to have a bigger badge on your side
  4. I ask for evidence and all that is posted is a fallacy: "All you will ever say is "the witness lied and the radar was INOP"." It's just more hand waving and no evidence. What we do know is that eyewitnesses are unreliable and all there are in this are stories of little to no value. In fact, we know that eyewitnesses to such prosaic event as the Phoenix Lights were amazingly in conflict with each other and amazingly wrong. A good example is Kitei who thought the lights were near her house when in fact they were 70 miles away. An unwillingness to present evidence is a key property of a close minded scoffer.
  5. A visit to the dentist typically involves time-consuming and sometimes unpleasant scraping with mechanical tools to remove plaque from teeth. What if, instead, a dentist could deploy a small army of tiny robots to precisely and non-invasively remove that buildup? A team of engineers, dentists, and biologists from the University of Pennsylvania developed a microscopic robotic cleaning crew. With two types of robotic systems -- one designed to work on surfaces and the other to operate inside confined spaces -- the scientists showed that robots with catalytic activity could ably destroy biofilms, sticky amalgamations of bacteria enmeshed in a protective scaffolding. Such robotic biofilm-removal systems could be valuable in a wide range of potential applications, from keeping water pipes and catheters clean to reducing the risk of tooth decay, endodontic infections, and implant contamination. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190425104323.htm
  6. marsman

My girlfriend was complaining last night that I never listen to her. Or something like that...

7. Baltimore Mayor's Offices raided by Feds

is it illegal for her to sell that book if it went thru proper bidding process, and won the bid?
  8. Yeah, you know it all dont you. Swell. I am here to offer my opinion, nothing more. Id certainly wouldnt claim things I couldnt possibly know as evident fact, while at thesame time disqualifying my argumentative opponent's content as a 'fairytale'. Pretend bodyguard you say, whatever floats your boat mate. Guess thats better than a pretend know it all. Probably already refuted by all you impressive keyboard experts, showering us dim folk in the blazing illumination of your unrivalled knowledge: "The dude is using quotes from the Bible.. He probably believes in giants as well!" ..Is the sort of response I am expecting.. and no, that wouldnt be intelligent, becoming, or 'winning'. Rather the exact opposite, imho. But seriously, I would entertain the possibility of some truth to this.. because I simply do not know. Unless ofcourse, all these historic quotes can be effectively refuted, shown to be false.
  9. You have no evidence that any of your fantasizing is real. To repeat myself yet again, there is only physics. There is no alien physics. There is no defying physics. It is also important to correct this fallacy: "if the military has .... you better believe they will tell you all they have is paper reports of nothing of interest" The telling of nothing but paperwork did not come from the military. Here is a logical fallacy: "For you or any talking head in here is to say that the military has no such evidences of unknown aerial crafts, you'd have to PROVE that." The burden is not to show something does not exist. The burden is to show something exists. Then this mistake is followed by a fallacy: "Y'all make I t sound like all they want to do is collect a pile of paper because they have nothing better to do. " No one suggests desires only what they did do. All Elizondo and his crew produced was piles of paper. There is no evidence for anything unusual in any of the reports produced by Elizondo's group.
  10. 85,000 Police investigated for misconduct

I think that right there is where the problems started. Trying to even the playing field has screwed up our whole society. Those who excel and are more qualified should hired no matter their skin colour or sex.
  11. Vlad the Mighty

WATCH TAYLOR SWIFT NOW!

12. GoldenWolf

Twitterati, lol.

13. Clearly he's part of the great LBTL werewolf massacre coverup and can't be trusted. Right down to the sarcastic "I'm not saying it was aliens" psuedo-disclaimers it sounds like.
  14. The Moon: Relic From Ancient Civilization

Things might have been different if the OP actually wanted to answer questions. I asked a few in post #67, so far no response. (Yes the OP have been back in the meantime)
  15. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

when it's running out mind wants more, afraid of dark but soul knows way home
  16. It would be disastrous... The little lies and half truths we tell each other are all that keep us from hating and despising those closest to us... "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" "Do you mind if I go play some golf with my friends this weekend?" A person should always tell "big" truths, but little "white" lies are necessary to keep civilization going... That being said I would love to have one of these things record my dreams so I could play them back later and try to make sense out of the chaos...
  17. LightAngel

you-have-to-keep-breaking-your-heart-unt

Thoughtful quote if you understand it the right way! :)

18. Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, the laws of physics doesn't care what you think either way. You might want to look up something called lapse rate.
  19. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I can think of a better way to improve the NHS. Its called privatisation lol.
  20. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

I wasn't so I looked it up and just in case someone's too lazy to do the same, may I post it here? 'How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of being and ideal grace. I love thee to the level of every day’s Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for right. I love thee purely, as they turn from praise. I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.
  21. Climate Change is a Hoax

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/
  22. I had known about the situation for two years before they came up with this "solution". If you choose not to believe it, fine.
  23. A Staffordshire bull terrier cross has formed a special bond with a dog who navigates him around and helps him find his water bowl. Amos was born blind at a rescue centre and struggled to find a family. But Jess Martin, a 27-year-old who works in HR for the Cheshire Fire and Rescue service, fell in love with him when she was volunteering at the centre and adopted him in August last year. https://news.sky.com/story/blind-staffie-amos-has-own-guide-dog-who-never-leaves-his-side-11702946
  24. Climate Change is a Hoax

I see my efforts are wasted on you. At least, I have saved you a bunch of time doing the homework you should have done before posting that train wreck. One parting comment about the Heartland Institute: https://www.heartland.org/index.html If you check out their website, they list nothing but conservative whipping boys. They do not agree with ONE liberal issue. If a site were trying to be objective, they would find some good ideas on both sides of the political aisle. And if they were seriously doing research, they would develop ways to enhance and/or combine liberal and conservative issues. But everything they have on their site takes the conservative side of every issue. They do not even seem to be aware of issues like the carbon fee system, lumping it under the un-related carbon tax. They are a conservative political organization, not a science site. Doug
  1. Load more activity