Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Budge was excommunicated largely because he believed the ancients practiced regicide. It appears he was exactly right. Why he was right about so many things I don't know and while I've researched some Egyptologists I have not (yet) researched him. I'm guessing he was just that good.
  3. Sherapy

Revisiting God Constructs

Gently, to me you are talking about forgiveness, which involves acceptance, understanding, and letting go, it can share similarities with “love” in some contexts, an add too is there can be a difference between the two concepts. Forgiveness involves releasing negative emotions and moving forward, your anecdotal story sounds very specific in context, it seems you felt compelled to forgive which does promote healing and growth. It is also a deliberate choice to release resentment and find peace, (getting on your knees sounds deliberate) done to improve relationships and one’s personal well-being. On the other hand, love, while it can include aspects of acceptance and understanding, has unique characteristics. Love involves attachment and deep emotional connection, and it is not solely based on forgiving past grievances. It runs the gamut of a wide range of emotions and experiences, including empathy, care, and affection. No doubt forgiveness and love can intertwine, but, with love, if taken to an extreme it can become attachment or idealization, can lead to unrealistic expectations and disappointment.To me: forgiveness is a pathway to healing and growth, while also maintaining a balanced and realistic view of love that includes both the good and challenging aspects of relationships. Just my two cents. Your thoughts?
  4. Perhaps because I'd rather be "crazy" than "wrong", I am neither. Every sentence I write may not be "special" but each has a unique meaning of something that I'm trying to communicate. Perhaps if you read them they'd seem less crazy.
  5. I don't remember seeing those interviews. Did Saddam manhandle Rather? Did Putin manipulate Rose the way he did Carlson? Did either interviewer obsequiously fawn over their respective subjects? Did Rather do a follow up story in an Iraqi supermarket and gush over their shopping carts? Because if they did softball interviews, they should've been roasted for them.
  6. How about the police arrest the people that do the attacking, or threatening? A novel approach to policing these days I'll grant you.
  7. They'd be accused of being racists for doing their job - protecting the public What if it was a guy in a City top who was stopped from walking down a street where several hundred United fans were drinking, after City had just beaten them in the cup final? Should they just stand by and let him walk by, with a serious risk of being attacked? Or should they quietly point out that, dressed as he is, he would be better taking a better route home? More to the point, what if it was a guy in a City top who was intending to walk past the drinking United fans to deliberately provoke and anger them?
  8. B*ll*cks as usual Pell' If the police had to stop the Jewish guy for fear that he would be assaulted, what does that tell you about the protesters? Also the guy was on breakfast news this morning & made a very good point. What if it was a far right protest (i know, not very likely) and the police stopped a black guy walking along the pavement claimed he was being 'obviously black" & might upset the protesters, would you find that reasonable? Funny how the left only see racism when it suits.
  9. A dialect of Uto-Aztecan. That can be reconstructed using stems. Our language, Nanticoke is extinct too.
  10. They think the commies are going to protect them from the scary brown people.
  11. So, you don’t understand the difference between believing extraterrestrial life exists in the universe, and believing in UFOs?
  12. AJ, Focusing on understanding individual needs, distinguishing them from desires, and adopting a balanced approach to fulfillment will contribute to a more sustainable sense of well-being and support efforts to address addiction more effectively. Many people overcome addiction and manage to find a homeostasis within capitalism.
  13. XenoFish

Revisiting God Constructs

People arguing over who has the correct reality tunnel, all because they believe there B.S. is the only truth. You're only living your life, no one else's. Pathetic.
  14. Today
  15. This is part of my problem with the IDF. They clearly do have the ability to make good strategic judgements. This strike was about the best response they could give. It shows Iran's inferiority and demonstrates what Israel could do if it ever came to a war. Which makes it harder to believe missteps like mass civilian casualties and killing air workers are the result of poor decision making.
  16. The most moral army in the world who never lie and go above and beyond to keep civilians out of danger..... In the meanwhile this is what they've being doing to Palestinians languishing in prison for no crime, or petty crime or administrative detention indefinitely.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68780112 Thirteen Palestinian prisoners have since died in Israeli prisons, "the majority of them as a result of beating or denial of medication" "They beat him badly, and took him away to another cell upstairs for a week. During that time you could hear him crying out in pain." The Israeli prison service did not directly address the BBC's questions about Abdulrahman's death or those of the 12 other named Palestinians that the Commission of Detainees Affairs says have died, saying only: "We are not familiar with the claims described and as far as we know they are not true." Will there be an investigation? Probably not. Will get buried with the rest of the atrocities being committed in Gaza and the West Bank.
  17. Setton

Stopping Illegal immigrants

Do you have a preferred Nick to pick? I'd have to go for Frost over Clegg or Griffin.
  18. What gives you the idea that Im dreaming about that?
  19. that's the point. it's gone. its similar to Nauhtl
  20. That isn't ignorance. That is just blatant, unbridled stupidity. What adult is unaware that you should never jack with a bear cub? Want to encounter the most ferocious and unforgiving force in nature? Jack with a bear's cub!
  21. That's what faith based rehabs do. Replace one dopamine hit with another.
  22. No, it's genetic and has nothing to do with Capitalism. I know plenty of moderately wealthy business people who live by the law of the minimum.
  23. In Krung Thep Maha Nakhon (Bangkok), there is an award-winning restaurant called Wattana Panich, where you can order and then eat a beef and goat soup that is 49 years old. The soup, which is described as "delicious and aromatic" as well as having a "real depth of flavor that's hard to explain", has been brewed by three generations of chefs working at the restaurant. Every night, whatever is in the pot gets stored, and brought out again the following day. More ingredients are added, and the whole process starts again, day in, day out, for decades. https://www.iflscience.com/perpetual-stew-how-a-79-year-old-soup-can-still-be-safe-to-eat-73901
  1. Load more activity