Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Actually this was not the purpose of the thread for the very reasons you state, but rather to explore the idea it was rather a misidentification and/or fable created by the Phoenicians and embellished by Plato. "Is it possible the Phoenicians travelled there and made a report of what they saw which to them the concentric circles looked the ruins of an ancient walled city? Abandoned long ago falling victim to some kind of cataclysm which the clearest suggestion would have been water related? A sunken city whose "walls" we know today were subjected to large amounts of sedimentation and erosion leaving deposits some 10-13ft thick just during the period of 15,000-8,000 years ago alone? Was this one of the fantastic "discoveries" they told the Egyptian king, their patron, upon their return-news of the day which found the waiting ear of Solon (or perhaps a later tale from Hanno which Plato pinned on Solon to give it credibility)? A story which centuries later Plato embellished with non-existent unknowable details and history to serve as the vehicle of his otherwise Noble Lie?" With the preface being: "Here is perhaps a little fiction of my own, but I throw it our there for fun." And its also not that there is any "hard evidence" of an LC, there is no evidence. Just as there is no evidence the Phoenicians ever discovered it or made up a tale in the first place. Again, "Just a thought."
  3. Bendy Demon

An unusual dream

I still do not understand your reaction, I do believe YOU were the one who decided to complain because someone posted in a section of a forum designed to discuss things like dreams.That is what this forum is for and I am not going to apologize for trying to have a discussion. Seriously what is bothering you? Why take it out on me specifically. Did I inadvertently say something to upset you or do you simply feel like you need to try and pick a fight with someone? Seriously I do not understand your reaction.
  4. Dejarma

An unusual dream

in defense mode when not being attacked... I'm asking you a serious question: why do you feel a need to tell everyone? What does this need mean to you? Think about it
  5. Duke Wellington

Stopping Illegal immigrants

The UK lacks the stomach to implement the policies which we need to stop it. The policy needs to be absolutely no citizenship under any circumstances for any illegal immigrants. Put them in a detention camp, give them water and soup, make them work to cover the cost, and leave them there in limbo forever. Let the world know that`s what happens and they will stop immediately. When other countries kick off over it say, we will let you take them off us if you wish.
  6. Bendy Demon

An unusual dream

Because this is a forum where people discuss stuff. Sounds like you've been having a bad day in order to harp at someone for posting. Maybe I have asked you for approval first before daring to post?
  7. you couldn't care less about my "opinions" & yet you replied to tell me this... i feel your reaction is because deep down you know i'll make you look stupid in public- you can try to prove me wrong if you want but i don't think you're clever enough-- oh please try
  8. Lol, no. A self serving bully deserves nothing but contempt. Frame my response anyway you like, I couldn't care less about your "opinions". As for a rational debate, you've proven over, and over again that you're incapable of such. Have a great weekend.
  9. Dejarma

An unusual dream

folk dream strange stuff all the time- i don't understand why you feel a need to start a topic about it!?!?
  10. So I needed to get a new email provider and did some searching. I already have a Yahoo mail account but I don't care for the address so I looked into a few and found one called 'Proton Mail' which I signed up for. It is nice but I cannot access it through Thunderbird or any other client unless I pay for a special account. So my question is if I should go to my yahoo account and create another email then I can access it through Thunderbird or if I should make an account with outlook in which case I have a choice between the 'outlook . com' or the 'hotmail . com' address (without the spaces of course. See..I am accustomed to using Thunderbird so I have a choice in that I can somehow add a new email in my already existing yahoo account which then can be accessed by Thunderbird or make an Outlook account. Gmail is ok but I am not fond of Google and I just want to stay away from that. Of course I am not sure Yahoo is much better. Proton is decent but I don't want to have to always open a browser window just to get e-mail. So I am just looking for different perspectives on this.
  11. what point's that then? explain i'm willing to have an adult rational debate with you about it if you are= seriously. say something that will make me think twice & question my stance
  12. Thanks for proving my point. Bravo!
  13. Israel is not fighting for its existence. What a load of crappolla. Netanyahu is fighting for his political survival. Israel is safe. Your problem is you can’t take criticism, and you think that Israel is Gods country. Yes I might not have mentioned it directly but I implied it. hamas is pure evil and it committed the medieval brutality of 7th October in full knowledge that Israel would retaliate. How much retaliation is required? 40,000 Palestinians are dead already. You tell me? You seem really touchy on the G word. Never mentioned a genocide but mass indiscriminate killing to force people out is what is going on.
  14. Bendy Demon

An unusual dream

@joc Well..I am not sure my subconscious generated Bhumi as that deity exists and I never even heard of it until I had that dream if that is what you meant. Kali can be many things, not just a destroyer however I do tend to obsess quite a bit over things especially recently. I mean, I am all alone, stranded and abandoned basically. So in that sense I do not feel very hopeful that things are going to change. I really don't know how to keep myself grounded really unless you consider doing piddly things like crocheting and stuff like that as 'grounding'. Anyway..I did not intend to come off as being dismissive..I do need to look at my own mindset but with no support or anything it is hard to feel any sense of stability or security.
  15. Lol. Read your own article. Your cherry picking is pathetically obvious. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2023-09-14/hunter-biden-indictment-gun-firearm-charge-harry-litman&ved=2ahUKEwjVkcbw78-FAxUJJjQIHdL4ChkQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2m5LYqB-QIBjevLvgWkPyI
  16. i'll repeat: yeah i think it's all BS== prove me wrong.. what the fek has respect got to do with it? how can a human being respect something they honestly feel is utter BS!? how do i do that? you do not respect the fact that i feel it's all BS because it hasn't been proved otherwise to me, do you? don't seem like it-- now what?
  17. Lol. Read your own article. Your cherry picking is pathetically obvious.
  18. From wiki: Sheldrake summarized his case in the Journal of Consciousness Studies, saying that he found a hit rate of 53.1%, with two subjects "nearly always right, scoring way above chance levels".[10] Sheldrake's experiments were criticised for using sequences with "relatively few long runs and many alternations" instead of truly randomised patterns, which would have mirrored the natural patterns that people who guess and gamble would tend to follow and may have allowed subjects to learn the patterns implicitly.[11][12] In 2005, Michael Shermer expressed concern over confirmation bias and experimenter bias in the tests, and concluded that Sheldrake's claim was unfalsifiable.[13] Writing after another skin conductance test in 2004 showed a negative result, Lobach & Bierman concluded that "the staring paradigm is not the easily replicable paradigm that it is claimed to be".[4]
  19. No. Treated with respect? Yes. But you're incapable of respect, so why should you expect it? This is just a hobby to you. A sick one, but a hobby none the less. "i'll belittle it all!!!! it's all BS! this is what i believe!"
  20. Today
  21. Hunter should get the same treatment too. I read a judge has refused to drop the felony gun charges. This resolution would also strip Hunter of Secret Service Protection.
  22. joc

An unusual dream

I would think it tends to lend itself to things that are currently going on in your life. One, The Goddess of destruction. Two, The Goddess of the Earth. Possibly generated by your subconscious as something that has to do with you personally. I would suggest looking at your personal life from the perspective of your own thoughts. Fears and keeping yourself grounded...that sort of thing.
  23. Liquid Gardens

The Name of the Beast

Fair enough, it's just weird from a non-religious point of view to note the difference between a measure of 'how bad is the world today' and end-of-world alignment with biblical prophecies. Today is not nearly as dangerous as the Cuban Missile Crisis, we are objectively several orders of magnitude less on the 'danger' scale compared to WWII, I'd argue just within America that what we are experiencing today is hardly in the ballpark of even the late 1960's. What is of course happening in the world today is a large scale change in the amount and sources of information we all consume, including those that either want people to believe the end times may be occurring and/or want to sell us something related to it. Even leaving that aside and thinking simply about it the Bible has already gotten many prophecies wrong, hell in my view the main guy was wrong about the fairly immediate future to him, so there's little reason then to worry about it happening maybe to get some right. I'm more concerned about a self-fulfilling prophecy here than anything else.
  24. Don't like it when you get a taste of your own medicine, eh? Lol
  1. Load more activity