Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. "Polish knights have won two individual gold medals and three group silvers at an international Medieval combat event involving fighters from 30 countries. "Marcin Waszkielis and Piotr Kriger walked away with two golds after battering their opponents in Sword and Shield and Long Sword fights at the World Championships organized by the International Medieval Combat Federation (IMCF) near Kiev, Ukraine." Full report with nice pics: https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/a-hard-days-knight-but-poland-finish-as-kings-in-international-sword-battle-6017 At Xinhuanet dot com (China): http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-05/20/c_138074729.htm
  3. An experiment. Use your intuition

Thats not cheating, its a bit of detective work. The answer is there, i pick it up. Ok round two minus the answered question
  4. Atheism is incompatible with science

Whatever happened to believing in something without having the overwhelming urge to validate or quantify it?
  5. A most famous UFO photo, 1952

you seem to never have the capability to carry on a normal civil conversation with anyone here. if you mean that ( in bold ) about yourself you will find me in agreement however if you are tossing that at me then that would be another example of your typical ad hominem attacks to try to side step the fact again you have nothing. no, you are mistaken yet again, the cartoon i posted was for light hearted levity after looking at several versions of that 1952 photograph on google for one thing it varies a lot version to version, and some things are in sharp contrast others all blurry and fuzzy, a picture like that today would be quickly labeled and dismissed as photoshopped and poorly at that, ( in its day ) they had people who did edit pictures and do that eras version of 'shopped which has to have happened since like i pointed out it has no consistency, the alleged craft look to me like either a reflection of lights or lights added to the picture, but no matter it isnt a good picture and surely isnt one to use to try to prove alien craft are flying around it doesnt even prove UFOs fly around. thats what the forums for sharing opinions that was mine, you dont have to agree or like it but your ad hominem attacks and tantrums add nothing.
  6. Hmmm... so the plant itself was high ?
  7. Climate Change is a Hoax

NOTICE TO ALL CONCERNED There will be skiing in bikinis at Mammoth Mt. California July 4th. Backpackers trying to hike the John Muir or any other trail in the Sierras might consider rescheduling in August. Today's weather report from Donner Pass.
  8. Please provide evidence that anything I point out as a fallacy is correct. Please support any of these statements that so far are nothing more than wishful thinking. It should be pointed out that other posters have also called you out on many of these very same issues. ChrLzs and psyche101 are two. The only things I mark as fallacies are in fact fallacies. That sounds so much nicer than what they really are.
  9. "Cannabis may have had high origins. Where the plant comes from has been a bit of a mystery, but analysis of ancient pollen now suggests it evolved some 3 kilometres above sea level on the Tibetan Plateau. "Intriguingly, this site is only a few hundred kilometres from a cave that researchers recently announced was once home to our ancient Denisovan cousins." Full report at New Scientist: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2203647-cannabis-plant-evolved-super-high-on-the-tibetan-plateau/ "Cannabis in Asia: its center of origin and early cultivation, based on a synthesis of subfossil pollen and archaeobotanical studies" Paper: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00334-019-00731-8 And here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333095729_Cannabis_in_Asia_its_center_of_origin_and_early_cultivation_based_on_a_synthesis_of_subfossil_pollen_and_archaeobotanical_studies
  10. Last Word you said?

Go (as in - here you go)
  11. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

@Gromdor - the Dems are desperate to stop what is about to happen to fellow party members. Notice the dems call for all these financial records of Trump, and all they are doing is hoping to catch *something* . Ya. another fishing expedition
  12. So let me summarize YOUR thoughts on Apollo, not what "John" believes. All Apollo missions to the Moon were faked prior to A13 and then A17 was faked, because Harrison didn't realize Gene had returned a lost fender of the LRV. You believe that the Surveyor lander was covered with dust from its landing/bouncing events, but there is too much dust on it. The AGNC did not have the capability to navigate Moon landings prior to A13. Apollo communications were processed through satellites under the control/supervision of the CIA. Larry Baysinger could not eves drop on the A11 EVA. The CSM during the faked Moon missions detached from the SIVB approximately one minute after the start of the TLI ignition into a "high" Earth orbit. The CSM remained in that orbit until reentry was initiated. What was the presumed apogee of this orbit? The LM was modified by people under the supervision of Howard Hughes that included a robotic arm to gather samples, store them in a returnable sample container similar to a Corona capsule(no Fake Moon rocks). If I missed any, please enumerate. Now what I asked some time ago and bears repeating, with some new questions. How do you reconcile the differences in your beliefs with the LRO images of artifacts around the LM approximately 75-100 feet from the LM. Trails leading from the artifacts and further out to craters surrounding the LM, including the Surveyor 3 lander. How was the liftoff of A17's ascent staged(captured) by the LRV TV camera if the mission was faked? How were artifacts from the Surveyor 3 lander returned, analyzed and displayed at the Smithsonian? Where were images from A11-A12 taken? How did NASA simulate the atmosphere, Sun and Lunar surface in those images? Where did the A8 and A10 images taken if not in transit to the Moon and orbit of the Moon? How where cloud patterns made identical to weather satellite images? How were data observations made on ALSEP devices from A11-A12 captured and transmitted back to the Earth?
  13. Atheism is incompatible with science

You aren't expected to trust anecdotes, I don't respect claims that anecdotes are useless to all, including the teller. That really is a toxic lie.
  14. Atheism is incompatible with science

I have a duty to point out the fact that the pressing need to quash "woo" comes from the fear that it might not actually be all BS, though we know some certainly is. What's to be frightened of ? That is the real question.
  15. An experiment. Use your intuition

What's that suppose to mean?
  16. Atheism is incompatible with science

Do you trust everything everyone says they witnessed? If not, duly noted, some things are indeed true to people; what does that have to do with reality?
  17. Atheism is incompatible with science

They are to the witness.
  18. Atheism is incompatible with science

Be careful with the facts thing, anecdotal tales are not facts.
  19. Mark One

Question: since we all live upon the perimeter of a sphere, is the ground flat or curbed?

Best answer wins a tray of chips, mushy peas, a jumbo battered sausage and a pickled onion.*

* The chip shop closes in 20 mins but opens again at 4pm.

1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. freetoroam

freetoroam

Er, boy this is a hard one, i will have to google it. 

Ps:  it the tray plastic or foil? 

3. Mark One

Mark One

One of those polystyrene tray thingies.

4. acute

acute

Two questions:

1) Did you mean "curved"?

2) Are the mushy peas optional?

20. That's a rather unorthodox use of the word argue. Fantasize is more accurate.
  21. Well done Sir Eldo, i knew it was somewhere. Here was my bit from that thread In other words, using Oxford academic means .nothing. the guy is still a fruit cake and was speaking at the fruit case convention. Note the Oxford union turned him down.
  22. Atheism is incompatible with science

Nothing can refute the 'possibility' of anything. This doesn't stop anyone, including you, from using definite and certain words anyway, because they are useful. Just as evolution 'refutes' the 'possibility' of Young Earth creationism, then science does refute the possibility of some proposed afterlife conceptions. No, it's not 'another thing', there's nothing wrong with repudiation of something you really can't 'know' is true or not. There is especially nothing wrong with it when you can't provide any reasons or evidence that your conception of any of this is correct; there is literally no reason to believe you, because you don't provide any evidence or reason to, which you've justified to yourself because you don't view this as a 'debating society'.
  23. U.S. states protect dangerous illegals

@RavenHawk You better believe that heavy crime districts are NOT where the people who makes these policy decisions live. Ever see Pelosi's WALLED mansion? WHat a complete phony
  24. Atheism is incompatible with science

I respect the fact you can't make that leap, and guess what, you are right not to. But wrong to come up with that 99%. Leave it at somewhere between 0.0%, and 100%, and you cannot be wrong !
  25. Word Association from the Last Letter

gangster -> revolver
  1. Load more activity