Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Black Red Devil

Trump wants to bomb America

One thing he does take for gospel is having a surplus budget, so I agree, it is rhetorical nonsense.
  3. Hammerclaw

Oh, we think Trump is icky, too. Unfortunately, he's the only one the Right has to vote for against the Left right now. There's a real dearth of true Statesmen and a surfeit of mediocre career politicians on both sides of the aisle. There's a shocking lack of inspiration or great oratory and nationwide appeal. Trump is a novelty, a Ross Perot on steroids. That and the Democrats running the only candidate that could possibly lose to him the first time is why he is President. Unfortunately, they're doubling up on all the mistakes they made that first time and hell bent on doing it, again.
  4. Tatetopa

Question about holographic worlds

How about the current thoughts on the information storage capacity of a black hole? I think Leonard Suskind and Stephen Hawking had an argument about that. Apparently the amount of information contained in a black hole is a function of the area of the event horizon rather than the volume of the Black Hole. The analogy was that it was like a hologram in the sense of representing all information in a volume of 3D space on a 2D surface. Somebody then wondered if all of the information in the Universe could be project onto a surface like a hologram. No worries.
  5. Kismit

Imagine if we lived in a world where all of our world leaders trolled for a bit of a laugh...…. Sad!
  6. pixiii

Eggs harvested from northern white rhinos

This is so terribly sad - but I'd also like to say that this is one of those rare occasions when I think cloning would be ok. I feel kinda strange even saying that, as I don't believe in cloning, except in these incidences where a species such as this White Rhino is so awfully close to extinction. The last male died last year due to old age. Even though they've managed to harvest 10 eggs from the last remaining Mother and Daughter White Rhino's there's no guarantee they'll be able to become pregnant. And to think this is the final result of poaching. Isn't it sad to think these two last White Rhinos on the planet have to be under 24 hour a day guard due to poachers. Brings tears to my eyes thinking how awful humans can be, all in the name of money.
  7. Hammerclaw

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Off tomorrow. Just my typical reaction to people who assume they know what I'm thinking and put words in my mouth. A bit much, do you think?
  8. Hammerclaw

It's not his money so he seriously doesn't care and he's always popping off like that off the top of his head with rhetorical nonsense. I think he gets his kicks, freaking people out.
  9. Habitat

What is the point of Spirituality?

There is some incentive operating, it is a strange thing when you think of it, that promoting nihilism contradicts itself immediately, if nothing matters, neither does nihilism
  10. Tatetopa

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Getting in the mood for work tomorrow?
  11. Black Red Devil

Maybe he'll change his mind when someone tells him the cost of a single nuke. The US Govt made an analysis on North Korean nukes, each warhead costs between $18 million and $53 million. link I'm sure US nukes are more sophisticated and would cost more and between the two I'm sure he would choose not to dilapidate money over some casualties due to natural causes.
  12. Tatetopa

Flat Earth and Tartaria

I think you are kidding about that right? You made it up, didn't you?
  13. toast

Ripples in space from mass moving like water

Nipples in space? Oh, wait...
  14. Golden Duck

What is the point of Spirituality?

Oh well... perfection is the enemy of the good
  15. Captain Risky

Trump reportedly suggested using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from striking the US President Donald Trump has reportedly suggested dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes to stop them from causing damage to the US. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-suggested-nuking-hurricanes-to-stop-them-from-hitting-us-2019-8
  16. Tatetopa

Black Headmistress Hits School Jackpot

Yeah. I was thinking too that attention and care are more critical to a child's success than money and every possible opportunity.
  17. 1. Close vs Far Away. CLOSE vs FAR AWAY. (I'm tempted to post the Father Ted sketch, but I suspect we are working with a sub-Dougal level of comprehension.) The OP picture is taken of an aircraft far away. Earl's ridiculous examples are clearly not. 2. Wide Angle vs Telephoto. Adding to 1. the OP picture is a wide angle view from a webcam. Even if the object were properly lit and resolved and not motion blurred, it would not be remotely comparable to Earl's useless and misleading examples taken using telephoto lenses. 3. A motion-blurred composite time exposure image, vs a high quality sensor at a much higher shutter speed. The OP image is 'bloomed' and smeared from motion-blurring time exposure, and Earl is ludicrously comparing that to images taken in much better light and at a shutter speed able to freeze the image. 4. Dark sky - no silhouette vs bright sky - silhouette. Completely different lighting. Earl may as well have posted a brightly sunlit African Elephant, and yelled "There, SEE!!!!!" I think the list of things in photography that Earl hasn't a clue about is now equal to the full list of photography issues. I'd suggest he takes up Dunning-Kruger Syndrome as a study topic.. Photography is proving to be so far out of his ballpark that it is now way, way beyond embarrassing. Again, if anyone else agrees with any Earl's 'points', I'll be happy to explain in more detail, with examples.
  18. RoofGardener

Iran has seized a British oil tanker

Hmm.. in intriguing concept, @Earl.Of.Trumps. Saudi would have to be VERY careful. They risk expulsion from the Arab League, to say nothing of internal revolt, if they where caught deliberately helping Israeli aircraft.
  19. RoofGardener

Iran has seized a British oil tanker

Oh REALLY, @Sir Smoke aLot. Please do tell me.. which nation has rights to the overall site ? The last nation state prior to Israel to occoupy the site was the Jordanians, and THAT was by right of conquest. Previous to THAT it was the British (right of conquest), the Ottoman turks (right of conquest), the Arab Muslim armies (right of conquest), and so on. As for the beach incident; Israel was targeting a HAMAS weapons facility. The killing of the four children was a tragic accident, and NOT a particularly regular event. As for your statement about "million cases of violations", are we still talking about the Mosque on the Dome ?
  20. You may not have noticed, but it's not muslims shooting up the schools....
  21. third_eye

third_eye

Cat signs language... 

[00.00:31]

~

1. Kismit

Kismit

oh my gosh, I love this

2. third_eye

third_eye

@Kismit

Cat dad is hearing impaired.. 

:yes:

~

22. Citing an incompetent researcher doesn't make it true. cormac
  23. Today
  24. Pettytalk

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Not mental giants, though, as Columbus made them believe that he was a god, a god who could control the daylight. And since he came riding the waves, he was a regular Poseidon, a god of the sea to them. And therefore my old saying, knowledge does indeed make us giants and gods over the mundane.
  1. Load more activity