Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

I love it when he uses that. It always serves as a nice reminder of how crazy and fanatical he is. It represents him perfectly.
  3. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

No one here seems to have the slightest understanding of what a war with Iran would mean. It would make Vietnam look like The Falklands by comparison - and would ultimately end with the same result for the invading country/countries. It would be utterly catastrophic to all countries involved, not to mention the world economy. Some people seem to think it would be a quick case of shock and awe and a few days later Iran would be bending the knee. In reality, if Iran was attacked, the first thing they would do would be to launch thousands of missiles at Israel (who they rightly see as orchestrating this conflict) - which would be utterly devastating for that country - then you would have a war of attrition in terrain like Afghanistan, in an area larger than Afghanistan and Iraq combined, with 80 million people (the vast majority of whom are hugely supportive of their leaders) you'd have to contain. This is before considering the ways in which Russia or other countries could become involved. The armchair warriors who are frothing at the bit to see their countrymen die in an unnecessary war is more of the same disgusting nonsense from people who think the world is a game of Civilisation or Total War. And all of this is happening - when the problem had been solved by Obama's administration in what is probably the best bit of foreign policy and diploma to come out of the US in half a century - because the deal was broken by Trump purely to spite Obama.
  4. Nearly Everything The Mainstream Media Told

Honestly, it doesn't matter what you thought, by making a comment like you claimed you did concerning Jewish people it proves you had preconceived notions somewhere in your mind. I have never made a racist comment to anyone on this forum, I am intelligent enough to know how foolish thinking any race is superior to another is. I also would never use any term that lumps a race together like you said you have done. Now that is the way I was taught, and I am proud of it. Now for you to say my beliefs are taught a certain way is really even more foolish because you know nothing about me. To say that more and more people are mindless and not thinking critically and honestly is just another way to lump people together as a group. By trying to say that my comments are racist by bring up his wife's race in the context I did is just another foolish diversion away from the topic on your part. To say you never said Jewish people we're inferior is true you havent yet that I know of however, by making the statement you said you made is still racist because it identifies a trait which covers that entire group of people. Which anyone who thinks clearly would never do, because no race of people have traits that are exactly alike, just like no race of people think alike. I think you should stop being defensive and look at the definition of racism so that you can better understand what being racist means. This really isn't about me or you it about an epidemic that is world wide, so being able to identify it when it rears its ugly head in your presents is very important. take care.
  5. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

so all of a sudden you're all for the UK obeying instructions from the EU then? And it seems Boris "Bojo" Johnson and Jeremy "Huntface" Hunt are as well.
  6. nope, alien contact short of wild sci fi coming true likely will never happen, a bit sad to me since i do believe the universe is vast enough to have other intellegent life, yet we will never meet them or even know for sure.
  7. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Come on, that was a blatant use of a technicality of Maritime Law to further their own interests. Iran are not obligated to comply with EU sanctions, and using their resupply stop in Gibraltar to seize the ship was a ridiculous abuse of power.
  8. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

If they give it just a little longer Maverick'll be ready to assist. Wonder if the stirring conclusion'll see him splashing IRIAF F-14s?
  9. It turned, looked at us and snorted...

sure, when we get past weak reasons why some say no way no how its bears of course bears make up a large number of alleged bigfoot, yowie, yeti ( dna proved yeti is type of bear ) almas etc sightings, bears do roam and can live many places, places alleged bf lives.
  10. Yeah I kind of think that regardless of a negative affect on us if space travelers had spent the time and resources to travel here and found us they would grab the opportunity and contact us. But everything we presently know about physics and other factors indicates that we probably don’t have to worry too much about contact with aliens
  11. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Youy got to love how you don't at all resort to silly childish name calling whenever you see something you don't like. And the way you add your favourite "woot" emoticon. That's one of the things that's most admirable about you. Go on then, carry on with your bellicose blustering, if that's what you define as "adult".
  12. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

whips of shooting stars each soul returning home, there happiness, eternal bliss
  13. a persons political party likes aside im not into politics but we as humans are in a mess and many in charge are making it worse, i would love a movie like the abyss to come true and some advanced alien race say enoughs enough play nice or we will take you all out, of course if that happened in real life a few would try to choose off the aliens and hopefully the aliens would reconize the dbags take them out and let most of us move on. fantasy aside it doesnt much matter if we do or dont try to contact aliens, if they are out there at this point in technology we cannot go visit them assuming something like seti got a signal and it wasnt so old that race was long dead, and if their tech was up there they would already be here or have contacted us if they desired good or bad intentions.
  14. It turned, looked at us and snorted...

A far simpler way to frame it is, why not bears? The other explanation has no evidence to support it.
  15. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

You should probably stop bothering the adult conversation. Why not go to wherever Peter Pan is at the moment and the two of you can come up with some particularly inane blather to spew.
  16. Good lord this thread is still going?
  17. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Are you lot all gleefully discussing what naval assets and enthiusastically discussing 45 mm cannon and 4.5 inch anti-aircraft guns? Yup, it's the New Faklands! It'll be Boris "Bojo" Johnson's Falklands Moment! What do you envisage? Steaming in, shouting "The Navy's Here!" just like the Altmark incident all over again, and freeing the plucky British seamen from their evil captors? Or do you envisage a full-on military campaign against the Ranians, just like they did with the Argies?
  18. There are two different (well more than two but for now) things that kind of jump out at me on the question of should we try to contact aliens. The first obvious one is don’t do it because the culture shock could destroy our society the same way Amazonian tribes are destroyed becoming incapable dependents. The other possibility that says maybe do it hinges on one condition which we wouldn’t know the answer to until after the fact and that is each species must have something that only the other can provide that will greatly improve conditions for both if traded. If the second thing happened it would probably completely alter the power structure of each species because whoever was the point of contact would immediately become the wealthiest most powerful group in their respective societies.
  19. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

It just remains to be seen if there is a WILL to use them.
  20. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Did you hear .,.. some politician... possibly Jeremy Hunt ... talking ...extremely slowly and pompously ... leaving... portentous gaps between words ... about ... freedom of navigation ... and how Britannia will not lay down and take this insult ... or something?
  21. Best Wisconsin location for dogman encounter?

Where ever there is hallucinogens.
  22. Aliens

What relevance is his blood type? Searches show his blood type was O-
  23. Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

OK, we have THREE ships in the area. Two type-23 frigates (Melrose and Kent), and a type-45 destroyer (Duncan). OK.... HMS Duncan is en-route, and not on station yet, and HMS Melrose is about to go into dock for a quick refit and won't be available for a few weeks. However, the Duncan and the Kent could probably destroy the entire Iranian navy on their own ! They are both fitted with 30mm canon, as well as their 4.5 inch main guns. These would make mincemeat of a small-boat swarm. In addition, the Duncan has twin Phallanx units. These are intended for air defense, but I believe they can be programmed to attack speedboats ?
  24. The Witcher (Neflix)

Who reads the opinions of some misogynistic incel (and a fanboy, which amplifies his emotions considerably) online and actually believes a word of it? The guy is just another who is butthurt due to a woman being given a job as a writer or director. The writers on shows generally have nothing to do with (and definitely not the last decision on) costume designs, casting or set designs. And there is no evidence that the writer mentioned doesn't like the source material or 'hates the Nilfgaard patriarchy'. Jesus ****ing Christ with this internet these days. A platform for idiots to spread their hate and for people to apparently eat it up. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this show. I don't really care about the source material because the game changed a lot about the books and the books are below-average fantasy anyways. Like all adapted materials, I'm just going to go into it with fresh eyes and treat it like a new world and story - which is what everyone should do. And I couldn't give a **** if it was written by a woman who is a feminist.
  25. Aliens

This shows how uneducated you are.
  1. Load more activity