Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. An Australian woman has relived her 'fairy tale' wedding to her 'handsome, strong and sturdy husband' - who happens to be a bridge in France. Jodi Rose, originally from Sydney, married Le Pont du Diable - which translates to 'The Devil's Bridge' - on the Tech River in Ceret, southern France in 2013. She fell in love with the 14th century stone structure while travelling the country, and they became husband and wife during a ceremony attended by 14 guests and blessed by the mayor of neighbouring town Saint-Jean-de-Fos. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7048225/Australian-woman-married-bridge-relives-fairy-tale-wedding-day.html https://www.tuko.co.ke/305925-excited-bride-marries-bridge-falling-love-it.html#305925
  3. Psychic attack! Need help!

That seems very specific. Does this only happen when you are meditating?
  4. Watch: Man Films Flying Humanoid?

chin jab or hammer fist .....great to see another on here who also appreciates FS / defendu
  5. LightAngel

Which version of the song do you prefer?

Or

Sometimes I prefer Johnny's version, and other times I prefer the original version by Nine Inch Nails.875.gif

6. Women are losing mother side?

Atheism takes its notions of right and wrong, not from "witchdoctors in silly clothes" talking about sky people, but from reason and philosophy. Even primitive societies understand the "Golden Rule" of "do as you would be done by", and even children figure out eventually that if they go around hitting people that people hit them back. Those people who piously declare that the Golden Rule is religious have it all wrong, it comes from childhood experience and good parenting. On more complex issues, philosophers have been far more influential than religious figures in most instances, and ultimately the most important rules of all have come from the legal system. I put it to you that by population in the USA, the atheist population are far more law abiding than the religious people. 16% of the US population are atheists, but atheists only make up 3% of the prison population at last count, when they should be 16% of the prison population too. In fact, atheists tend to be highly intelligent, well educated and wealthy people too, based on statistics. In essence, the take away lesson from this should be... If the only think that is making you behave yourself and not kill and steal and commit other crimes is a fear of a god and eternal punishment, then really what does that say about your character? Atheists have none of that, and they are more law abiding than religious people. Why? Because they take the time to seriously consider the laws of their country and generally find they agree with them, and so they don't break them. Religious people however tend to think that their deity will "forgive their sins", and as the proverb goes, "to forgive one sin is to commission many sins".
  7. Nigel Farage’s undisclosed ‘lavish’ gifts

Farage must be doing well in the polls.
  8. Impressive..Very impressive..
  9. Germany designates BDS as anti-Semitic

SSaL, did you read my post ? The reason so many Western businesses, governments and academic institutions are turning away from "BDS" is that it promotes the "right" of return for millions of great-great-grandchildren of the ORIGINAL Palestinian Arab refugees. No other refugee situation in the WORLD - now or EVER - has this a definition of 'refugee' that is passed on to the children and grandchildren of the original refugees. This method of counting refugees - specified by UNRWA - is unique. If the millions of grandchildren of the original refugees where granted their 'right' of return, then it would cause an electoral shift in Israel at the next election, which would make it the LAST election that "Israel" would ever have. (Hint.. when was there last an election in the West Bank or Gaza ? ) Businesses, governments and academic institutions are beginning to recognise the Palestinian BDS movement for what it is - a movement to destroy the State of Israel. THAT is why BDS is failing at every turn.
  10. acute

Air will be taxed!

You mark my words.

1. Alien Origins

Alien Origins

You can bet it will if any of those vampires in government can figure out how to do it..

11. Dumbledore the Awesome

Well, the People's Popular Front (Marxist-Leninist) have my vote in the forthcoming Eurolections

1. acute

acute

I will be voting for Citizen Smith of the TPF.

12. Game of Thrones

I feel like once Cersei beheaded Missandei that no matter what Kings Landing was toast. Wasn't their fault but again Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor and took out a big swath of the city and just kept going while Dany gets taken down? Like you said I'd rather have seen her rule and deal with the consequences of it.
  13. Science is and has always been subject to the ignorance of a few but fortunately without success to the targets and findings. Exploration is a key element of further development of humans and mankind. Its the very same will for exploration that made it possible that you can sit in front of a screen and a keyboard to spread your very own ignorance. "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, President of IBM, 1943 -
  14. acute

Crops will grow sideways after we leave the EU. :blink:

15. Game of Thrones

Did they close the show in a way it can be re-opened later? Arya going off West and the Dragon taking the Queens body east?
  16. Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

I don't just mean him, I mean all of them generally
  17. Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

And elected by those taxpayers because their views represent the electorate. Therefore they absolutely should express those views as our representative. Apparently he's already said he just won't meet Trump then. You're not good with irony, are you? Would you prefer they claim he's 'bleeding badly from a face lift'? Call him a dog? Mr piggy? Your president is the epitome of incivility.
  18. Nigel Farage’s undisclosed ‘lavish’ gifts

Once a merchant banker, ...
  19. Game of Thrones

Cersie's forces had surrendered and Dany had King's Landing. If Dany really wanted Cersie she could have just destroyed the Red Keep. When she spent an afternoon doing nothing but laying dragonfire all over terrified and running citizens, laying waste to the city as systematically as someone mows their lawn, it's kinda hard to put that on Cersie. I agree though that they would have been better with a full season to properly display her descent to madness and her tyrannical rule.
  20. acute

Vinyl records will go backwards after Brexit, and the stylus will skate off the turntable. :(

21. Atheism is incompatible with science

"The early stages of life evolution are not altogether in conformity with your present-day views. Mortal man is not an evolutionary accident. There is a precise system, a universal law, which determines the unfolding of the planetary life plan on the spheres of space. Time and the production of large numbers of a species are not the controlling influences. Mice reproduce much more rapidly than elephants, yet elephants evolve more rapidly than mice." Link
  22. Alabama abortion ban: Republican senate

Where do you get this stuff honestly? Doctors aren't forced and nurses don't rock aborted babies. Abortion is legal. You don't like it tough, either women have bodily autonomy or they are broodmares for the state. You cannot be forced to donate blood or organs (which could save an adult human with a life and usually family) but women are somehow beholden to be forced into reproducing against their will? Forget it. You're sad about scenarios that don't happen and don't care a bit about reproductive slavery. Nice.
  23. Game of Thrones

Peter Dinklage absolutely killed it last night. First with the scene with his siblings, then the scene with Jon, then when he was summoned to the lords. Not to mention his reaction when left out of the book. So glad he finally had something substantial to work with. Phenomenal actor. Anyone else looking forward to the Long Night prequel? The casting so far looks great, and with it being HBO without D&D writing without source material I have high hopes. Until then all we have is The Lord of the Rings prequel on Amazon, The Wheel of Time on Amazon and The Witcher on Netflix to get us by What a time to be a fan of the fantasy genre.
  24. Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

what about him? has he try to ban any president from anywhere in the world to visit usa? nope, he acts a lot better than bunch of your dimwits . and you prove my point once again, you can't see that current president and the presidency are 2 different things
  25. This is only a personal experience. Does any of this allow you to move forward in the grieving process?
  1. Load more activity