Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. and then

Agent provocateurs in riots?

It has been clear from the first actions of the Antifa types that they are the modern version of Brown Shirts. They are about intimidation but because they are cowards, they only try that action in states where they know they won't be substantially troubled by government. In fact, they stay in Blue states because they know that anyone who fights them will be arrested and stand a chance of losing their liberty. Now that they've become emboldened to the point where they actually believe they are men and women instead of hateful children, they are going to learn about law and about how mistaken they've been about the power they think they possess. That declaration of the group as a terror organization opens those who are stoking this chaos to lengthy stays in prison. The parents that encouraged their delusions of superiority are going to be beggared with legal costs and that is a positive thing, IMO.
  3. spartan max2

Yet those anti-lock protester "****s" caused no one and no thing to get hurt.
  4. and then

Most of the insurors over here tend to write protections for themselves against the kind of willful destruction we are seeing in these cities. Add to that the very real case the companies could make that little or no effort was made to stop the source of the destruction and my guess is they'll not pay and even if they lost an appeal it would take years for the payout to come. Insurance companies in America do NOT LOSE MONEY. That's not to say that these cities won't be eventually made whole from taxpayers in the rest of the states. That's another aspect of the choices of these mayors and governors that is despicable. If they understand that their actions will have no consequences at the ballot box and that their party members in DC will cover their losses, why NOT allow lawlessness?
  5. susieice

Looting in Minneapolis

Memphis and Louisville are empty. Some people walking around NYC. Downtown Atlanta is full of National Guard and LA looks quiet.
  6. and then

Which is your right. IIRC, none of them broke a single law in their actions. I get that you have no respect for Americans who have the audacity to own and display weapons in public because they have no military training. I don't agree with it but I have no problem with the opinion being stated. If we want to make a comparison of how those Americans behaved during a protest against government actions they saw as unconstitutional, with the actions we are seeing in Democrat controlled cities across this nation, I think the problem crowd is easily identifiable. I'd add that the majority of the men and women who are serving in the military tend to be law and order types and would naturally support like minded citizens, whether those citizens were trained or not.
  7. Golden Duck

Looting in Minneapolis

A Catholic had their funeral in an Anglican church?
  8. sci-nerd

Trump is Declaring Martial Law in DC

I think, the horrible death of Mr. Floyd, was just the spark that ignited a latent bomb, that has been waiting to go off below the American society for long. The controversies of Mr. Trump's behavior as POTUS might have fueled it even further. Let's face it, he has not been discrete or careful. What we see now is the climax of something that has been building up for years. A symptom of a divided nation.
  9. F3SS

Looting in Minneapolis

Shame on bill deblasio for allowing this. One night is understandable. Multiple though? Ffs man grow a set. You've done nothing but shame business owners and threaten beach goers but this... This you put an 11pm curfew on? Well into the darkness right when you know the energy is at its prime? What a f'n disgrace.
  10. susieice

Looting in Minneapolis

They're leaving Herald Square now. This news chopper moved to Madison Ave and I don't see anything going on.
  11. and then

My apologies if I misunderstood. This thread has gotten pretty intense and it shows the amount of division among Americans about what is happening in our nation right now. Had we seen an outpouring of support for the actions of that cop then I might understand the current violence but that did not occur at all. No one in media found a single person on interview that agreed with what that vicious, sadistic POS did to Mr Floyd. The information coming out about him shows that he was no choirboy BUT he was a man who was at least trying to turn his life in more positive directions. IMO, even if he had been witnessed MURDERING someone, he didn't deserve to die as he did. This nation used to be better than that. What I find to be just as disgraceful is the behavior of politicians who are using this to attempt to create a situation that can be spun against Trump and are willing to watch their own cities destroyed in the effort. When government officials begin to subscribe to a philosophy of "the end justifies the means" civilization is on its way down.
  12. Golden Duck

trumps dead dems retweet please explain to me

Snopes provided the transcript. The bolded jumps out at this Aussie who willingly complies with being forced to vote. Mobilising voters is the best way to achieve their goals. Voting is conducted on Saturdays and groups raise funds via a sausage sizzle, where you can buy a barbecued sausage and onion on a piece of buttered bread for a couple of bucks. If that's not pleasant enough, you also get to run the gauntlet of various parties' rank-and-file handing out how-to-vote cards. I remember dad once being offered a card from a minor party and him hamming it up with as derisive 'you must be joking' as he could muster. I just give an eye-roll and a subtle shake of the head if I even afford them eye contact. All this, and you earn the right to whinge too. Great stuff.
  13. susieice

Looting in Minneapolis

I don't see anything in DC but people wandering around and choppers. Switched. Seeing Herald Square now. There's Macy's. I like that store! Really. Cops and no people.
  14. openozy

Strange Bitemarks

I think you are speaking of "ringworm".
  15. openozy

Strange Bitemarks

And if it's too closed you will never learn or discover anything.I think the beatnik's called it being a "square".
  16. and then

You may find this article to be interesting and instructive: https://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0755.htm From the article Under the Insurrection Act, the President may, without a governor's request, activate federal troops during emergencies, and when deployed under this act, they may perform law enforcement functions within a state. Specifically, this act authorizes the President to deploy federal troops if “insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy”: (1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that state and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of the state are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or (2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws (10 USC § 333). I was unaware of this legal authority that had been granted to a president but the way it is written shows that very careful conditions to its use have been applied. If the bolded actions do not constitute what we are witnessing in these states then nothing ever will. I have to ask you, Manwon, at what point would you approve of Trump sending in troops to save innocent Americans in cities that are being destroyed and where their local governments are refusing to act to stop it?
  17. the13bats

trumps dead dems retweet please explain to me

I just gained a respect for you The unbold, who knows how that will go for him.
  18. Today
  19. and then

I'm not receiving a response to this question so far so let me ask it of you, as well: When do you think it is appropriate for the president to intervene to protect Americans in cities where looting and rioting are not being controlled by local government?
  20. and then

How is that relevant to this situation? Government's first and most important duty is to protect the citizens it serves. I realize that your political leanings make you believe it should take care of everyone from womb to tomb but those doing the paying tend to refuse that ideology. A mayor or governor that refuses to stop open destruction of private and government property as well as those who threaten the lives and livelihood of innocent people are part of the problem. Trump is about to win re-election because of the gutless partisanship these "leaders" have openly engaged in. Anyone who says they'd be okay with government leadership that left THEM and those THEY love at the mercy of a mob are either lying or they're so choked with hate that they're insane. Which category are you in?
  21. susieice

Epstein found Dead in Jail

No. It was Clinton. A book.
  22. the13bats

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Wasnt there some new released court thing involving trump with Epstein?
  23. Kismit

I haven't looked for acts of terrorism. But I do know it covers vandalism.
  1. Load more activity