Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Meghan, Harry, and the next royal baby due

c'mon we all know you cant wait. never mind the name. The baby is to be the first black heritage Royal? (its monumental moment in History, on par with Obama becoming President)
  3. I knew a bloke that used to read those how-to-get-rich type books, eventually he did become moderately wealthy, but his wife walked away with most of that in the divorce. Life is just not reducible to the sort of simplicity that sees simple formulas work.
  4. I don't believe you

You can check the statistics for abortion, in america alone. As stated in a previous post, about 40 million LEGAL abortions in the usa between 1976 and 2016 That is many times the number of slaves ever taken from Africa, to america(10 to 12 million) let alone just those who died as a result of slavery And it does not include the hundreds of millions more unborn human beings killed legally around the world in the last 50 years.
  5. Happiness isn't a goal, it's a result.
  6. Word Association from the Last Letter

enlist -> troop
  7. What I have found to be true is that success makes me happy. Whatever that undertaking happens to be...I can say...hey! I did that! Yes! I mowed that damn lawn! Of course the reality is that in order to do that I had to fix the flat on my riding lawnmower and it took me several hours to figure out how to do that. The first thing I tried didn't work, and the second great idea failed as well, there were in fact hours worth of failures along the way...but...I fixed the flat! I found real happiness in that...ecstatic even! On the way, I cursed alot...and hurt my finger twice...but the lawn got mowed...which meant...I was successful...and success brings happiness, no matter the undertaking large or small.
  8. Random Staircase in giant garden.

Welcome to UM, R_M. There may have been a house and garden(s) there in the past. The staircase could be a part of an ornamental feature, a folly, or the house itself. If you keep on looking, I'm sure you will find it again.
  9. Venezuelan Revolt on the Horizon?

Ahhhh to be young and stupid again ......... Mercenaries, Spies, and Double Agents Gather En Masse in Bogotá
  10. This works the same way with goals, eventually the actions become habit and the reminder useless.
  11. You can revel in fantasy are you can make something great in life. I got sick of being depressed, I hated it, how it felt. The misery of it all. So I spend the past several months reprogramming my mind and acting in accordance to my wish. I've had fewer and fewer bad days. They still happen, probably will always happen. I'm just changing how I see things. I'm not all happy kitty cats and rainbow unicorns either.
  12. I use to write definitive statements on sticky notes...they pretty much covered all the walls in my apartment. Everywhere I turned there was a positive affirmation of some kind. Eventually, it became a habit to think positive and the sticky notes just kind of disappeared.
  13. You may have to find tricks to motivate you. One that I like is Mel Robbins 5 Second Rule. Which is stupidly simple. To put it simple, when you're laying in bed, procrastination about getting up and doing stuff..5...4...3...2...1...GO! It's a trigger. As soon as you get to GO! you get up and get started. It actually works if you make the effort. Eventually it becomes a conditioned response. I don't want to wash dishes..5.4.3.2.1. GO! start washing dishes, etc. Yep I might sound like a self-help guru or a motivational speaker, considering that I read more books like that than occult text, perhaps I am. But I won't sell someone bs.
  14. Whether you want a Ferrari in the garage and you don't even have a job...or you just want the damn lawn mowed before all your peeps come, and your lawn mower won't start...the thought process is exactly the same.
  15. The thing about my past occult practices is that I learned there is no "Something for nothing". I also learned that the techniques were basically just affirmations and self-hypnosis. Yet this leaves everything open to confirmation bias and self-fulfilling prophecy. All I did was apply what Think and Grow Rich taught. Visualize-Affirm-Act-Repeat If you take a look at the Hicks version it leaves Action out.
  16. Climate Change is a Hoax

I think that he is saying my Cult is right, and he also likes using the word moron, (l never argue with an expert). And likes using sources that prove beyond a doubt that the end is nigh, ok, here are a few sources in the 70's that also proved beyond a doubt certain things will happen that didn't happen. I guess that makes it a solid cockup? http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/ One of many predictions by the most prominent sources back then, that were 100% wrong! I read today that Justin Beiber has joined the ranks of movie stars with no idea, or zero experience in earths climate, starring in an animated movie, just so they can scare 3 year olds, that the world will end. And someone in that article, also said that climate change has become insane, (can't argue with him on that one). You will have to forgive the actions and statements of some here, after all with them reclying, and giving to Green-piece, the end is still nigh, and their beloved Apple Mac's will start melting before their very eyes, (a horror no one should go through). This would be a lot funnier if this wasn't destroying our grid, raising costs and hurting pensions and the poor, but watching people run about waving their hands for no reason, still carries a laugh.
  17. So am I, but I'll get there. Takes planning. To be honest what isn't a work in progress.
  18. Like taking a few index cards and writing definitive statements on them. Placing them where you'll see them each day and repeat them till it sticks. It takes time and a lot of consistent effort. Certain statements will need real world actions to further reinforce a behavioral change.
  19. Ha! I am still working on that positive bank balance thing!
  20. So we know now where google gets its name :-) I think goochelen = ge-huichelen Huichelen FEIGN, PRETEND or make use of the illusion
  21. The thing is I'm basically trying to help people, because I can. I'm not here to sell hype. To give anyone the illusion that if they follow my "12 Step Course" they'll have a Ferrari in the garage. No positive thinking scam, no wishful thinking nonsense. If you have a goal, find a trick to get your head in the right place and create a path you can follow. This is more based on my everyday life than anything. Everyday is a goal setting effort for me. I have task A to do, how will I get it done and how soon. That's it, plain and simple.
  22. Random Staircase in giant garden.

There is quite a lot of stuff on Reddit, I think it was, about random staircases in the middle of woods and forests
  23. In fact...it is just that! We all have desire. The Human Default is toward the Subconscious Negative. The greatest way I have found to change those subconscious programs is to make changes to the conscious words we use every day. Deleting the n't in our vocabulary and thoughts is an excellent place to start.
  24. It also depends on what success means to them. Not everyone wants to be famous, rich, etc. Success might be just losing a little weight, having a positive bank balance, or even a better attitude.
  25. ....and I place you among the...them. In fact Habitat, only about 2% of the population are going to be successful. It isn't that the other 98% are less intelligent...it is more that they give up when their plans don't work out right. Quitting before reaching success in any undertaking is the default Human Nature.
  1. Load more activity