Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. No, he did not misspeak. He was playing poker and this time his bluff got called. He wins a lot of deals by bluffing, this time not. He plays the averages. Unfortunately, everybody in the world is studying his style now. Countries have teams of analysts predicting their best move. It will get harder to bluff.
  3. Because there is nothing to weigh in on. Just like Unicorns or leprechauns, God is in the same category. It's really that simple and the reason why there are no lectures on a created universe in established academic institutions. Might as well ask science which closet the bogeyman is in. I think you need some education full stop. That says just what I did. Religion is a choice, it's not a result or conclusion. See this bit in your link? For many, such questions are matters of personal faith and spirituality. Ive told you exactly that many times. Far too many times for you to have forgotten, your being deliberately obtuse again. When religion is used as a moral control pass or such by some scientists it does not conflict, when it tries to answer questions about creation, then we have conflict as science errodes religious doctrine. Just like it says in your link. This is not to suggest that science and religion never come into conflict. Though the two generally deal with different realms (natural vs. spiritual), disagreements do arise about where the boundaries between these realms lie when dealing with questions at their interface. And sometimes, one side crosses a boundary in its claims. For example, when religious tenets make strong claims about the natural world (e.g., claiming that the world was created in six days, as some literal interpretations of the Bible might require), faith and science can find themselves in conflict. Seriously man, your just tripping over yourself.
  4. Positive energy is one of the greatest healers there is. With respect to you, you've evidently never felt this energy in your body. It feels like you have a wealth of power in you, and sometimes you tingle all over.
  5. I disagree. They are dangerous in the hands of people with no business owning a gun, which needs to be fixed with common sense laws. Age limits, training, universal background checks, mental health, REAL transfer of ownership, registration, and such. And trust me, I get labeled "anti-gun" just as much as anyone on here with that opinion. My thought process in this is, that I am horrible with a handgun. I know how to take apart an AR-15, I know how to clean, maintain, and repair it. If I were to ever purchase a gun, that's what I would choose. Because I feel safer knowing that I can safely operate it. It should be extremely difficult to purchase a gun, that I agree with. I agree with AO to a point. Just because guns are dangerous is not a legitimate reason to keep them out of the hands of the everyday citizen. In fact, there is no better place for them to be. As I keep saying, rights are like a muscle that needs to be exercised like any other. We need to analyze why current laws are not effective and/or not being enforces before we add more laws. That is the common sense thing to do. To add more laws before we know what is wrong is the hallmark of idiocy. But that never stops Progressives. Training needs to start as soon as possible and that would be in the home. And it would continue through primary and secondary school. Then everyone would join a militia. That could be just a neighborhood watch but at a minimum, an annual recertification (say a week in duration) which includes refresher courses and firing qual to meet a specific proficiency. The government does not need to know who has guns; it just needs to know that the people are capable at properly handling guns. This does away with an age limit. Universal background checks don’t work and in a society that is well trained, a bad guy getting a gun is out numbered. You can’t prescreen for mental health; it has to be done real-time when someone starts exhibiting questionable behavior then discretely deal with it to protect everyone. But the best way to improve mental health is to bring back faith and respect into our society. We have drifted away from GOD and it is showing in the increase of violence. Progressive policy has been slowly degrading our moral fiber since at least 1913. You get labeled anti-gun because you go too far. Instead of changing the 2nd, you need to work with it. A simple test is, does this restrict the right in any way? If so, then it is a non-starter.
  6. Not sure what your previous post has to do with this topic, but the way most conservatives are acting you'd think she won.
  7. Scripture is a guide, the Christ within is a the catalyst to unlock unlimited potential.
  8. Its a silly title that's just a personal opinion. Of course it's not dying, it's everything around us. And it's not ideology, it's well supported. That's what the evidence illustrates so yes. There is just no evidence to support old ideologies and philosophies. The people who started this ball rolling should be commended for thinking outside the box, it got others to as well. It's not a fail that they were wrong, they were pioneers that set events in motion that would take us into space. Yes it is Its only meaningless if you see it that way, most find thier own meaning and don't have to find someone to please or master to to find life meaningful.
  9. Today
  10. Hi Walker The point is that some things are impossible now, using unaffirmed future speculation isn't a well grounded argument as it cannot be demonstrated or validated. In other words it is sterile. jmccr8
  11. Science doesn't weight on the question of God and neither on religion. I think you need some education on the topic: [LINK] Science has limits: A few things that science does not do [LINK] Science and religion: Reconcilable differences
  12. Documents have come out saying that last year, some school and law enforcement officials were so concerned about Cruz's mental state, they wanted to involuntarily commit him, but nothing was followed up on. Dropped the ball again! The documents are now part of the criminal case against Cruz.
  13. If I will generate energy after mounting generator on both side of long tube then there will be no problem of load in it and it will not affect the momentum of device.
  14. That's how we came up with Thor's hammer for thunder and zeus throwing lightning bolts. Time this current God was retired to better evidence as the greek and roman gods were.
  15. I am very much surprised that still you have doubts about the initial position of doubt,it will get even more height than the dropping point. The kinetic energy of falling ball will work to lift the counterweight just 91 degree from 180 degree but after that there is no need of the energy as gravity will work to pull down the device because c.weight is some heavy. You just focus on impact energy of the ball.
  16. No it's fact your confused, God did not make Adam from dirt and eve from his rib, we are the product of evolution, God did not 'let there be light' it took around 400,000 years before there was light, God did not create the heavens and the earth, gravity did. All these old philosophies have been bettered with real world knowledge. Like that whack job Jonathan Wells yeah? Yes some of them have an opinion, none of them can show its best for for the data. That's why if you walk into a lecture on the origins of the universe you don't hear God theories competing with physics, we have physics competing with physics. There are no religious theories supported by any evidence. There are some nuts ranting on YouTube and some clowns writing paperbacks. That's it. If there really was validity to those fundamentalist dogmatic rants, then we could attend lectures on them and read papers written on them. You let me know when MIT or CALTECH has a lecture on the role of religious creation and we will take this up again at that point. In the meantime I suggest you start reading the posts you reply to and invest in a dictionary.
  17. It's a process. We have probably been asking 'why' since the beginning of the earliest spark of human consciousness. Mysteries tickle us, and we humans are natural mystery solvers. It’s the trait that drives invention and exploration. We are driven to know. Even skeptics agree that there is a beginning for every created thing, including man. So, in order for man to have a beginning, there must be a “first cause” that existed before him. That's how humans came to the conclusion of God and personal experience/revelation back this up. I see it that way, too.
  18. Lol She almost became POTUS!!!
  19. Again you are forgetting that the counterweight ( also a ball) will change it's position so it will also do work .and the work done by the counterweight will also generate energy.though the counterweight will be slides along the tube. The impact of ball is important in it .
  20. Good grief! Even Ann Rule couldn't get things right and she's usually pretty good. She knows a lot of people. Or knew, may she rest in peace. There's a lot of conflict in a family that everyone thought got along well and were happy. Even Max and Rebecca were said to get along well. She and Jonah planned to marry when Rebecca's divorce became final. What the heck happened? In one week these people got together and shazam!
  21. And so Hillary said this yesterday via FB: During an interview last week with an Indian news publication, I was asked about 2016, and whether Trump is the "virus" or a "symptom" of something deeper going on in American society. Like most Americans, people overseas remain shocked and dismayed at what they are witnessing daily. My first instinct was to defend Americans and explain how Donald Trump could have been elected. I said that places doing better economically typically lean Democratic, and places where there is less optimism about the future lean Republican. That doesn’t mean the coasts versus the heartland, it doesn’t even mean entire states. In fact, it more often captures the divisions between more dynamic urban areas and less prosperous small towns within states. As I said throughout the campaign, Trump’s message was dark and backwards looking. I don’t need to list the reasons, but the foundation of his message, “Make America Great AGAIN” suggests that to be great we have to go back to something we are no longer. I never accepted that and never will. I'm from the Midwest. I had plans that, had I been elected, would have focused on the real needs of hard-working yet struggling Americans in every part of the country. Raising the minimum wage. Paid leave. Affordable college. Affordable, quality health care for everyone. Training for good jobs that don’t require a college degree. And giving workers a larger share of corporate profits and tax cuts. So far, Donald Trump has done nothing positive to ease the pain of the people who most strongly supported him, from the loss of jobs in coal country to the opioid epidemic to the tax bill that increases the debt by $1.5 trillion with a massive corporate tax cut, only 13% of which went to workers in the form of bonuses or pay raises. I was also asked about women, specifically white women, the majority of whom have not voted for Democrats in recent history. I did better with them than previous Democratic nominees, but still lost them overall to a candidate who relies on scare tactics and false attacks, masking the fact that he is otherwise no friend to most Americans. I also mentioned something in passing that's gotten a lot of negative attention: that there is anecdotal evidence and some research to suggest that women are unfortunately more swayed by men than the other way around. As much as I hate the possibility, and hate saying it, it’s not that crazy when you think about our ongoing struggle to reach gender balance – even within the same household. I did not realize how hard it would hit many who heard it. I was out there having a conversation, and this was one piece of a larger point about how Democrats need to do better with white women, because I know in my heart that Democrats have much more to offer them. Do I believe that some women look at a powerful woman and question whether she can lead, maybe voting for the man their husband is voting for instead? It may not be universally true or easy to hear, but yes, it’s a dynamic still at play in our society. I know this because even I spent parts of my life wondering if I could achieve the same as male leaders, and a lot of that insecurity stemmed from my gender and how society views women. When I was serving in various roles in public life, I was always more popular when I was working for or defending a man then when I was out there on my own. That’s the point I was making, in an effort to explain to an audience some of the many dynamics that have gone into these tumultuous last few years. I understand how some of what I said upset people and can be misinterpreted. I meant no disrespect to any individual or group. And I want to look to the future as much as anybody. But our future requires us to learn from 2016. We need to protect our election systems from intrusion by Russia or anyone else. We need to combat voter suppression and the propagation of fake and misleading news. I fear we are not doing anywhere near enough on those fronts, and I know we can do better. I love our country every bit as much as a private citizen as I did as a candidate, Secretary of State, Senator from New York, and First Lady. That’s why I don’t want us to remain passive in the face of these threats. I want us to be free to focus on the future. A future in which I hope to be fighting for Democratic values of equal opportunity, social inclusion, and strong communities; for an economy that works for everyone; and for lifting up the next generation of leadership, particularly women. So to those upset or offended by what I said last week, I hope this explanation helps to explain the point I was trying to make. And I hope now that we can get back to the real business before us: Protecting our democracy and building a future we can all share.
  22. Please explain this You couldnt explain to me human suffering and how it fits into gods plan. This is another good example of the non existance of a creator Why would an all knowing god include these flaws into his creation ? And this is just the human body. The animal kingdom is riddled with evolutionary mistakes This is science showing pure and simple intelligent design is a human construct and nothing more
  23. What you are not understanding is that the ball will work to extract energy .direct impact of ball will work to generate energy .the arm is just for lifting up the ball again on it's initial position. Impact energy of ball will compress a piston generator and this generator will work to extract energy in it. Try to understand the mechanism.
  24. Apparently not, as you seem rather obsessed with it. I don't recall making any demand, to tell you the truth. Are you confusing me with any of the other evil "desecrators" you see around you?
  25. That's an opinion, not a 'fact'. I do think you are confused, indeed. An I can find you many scientists who argue that the God theory, ultimately 'best fit the data'.
  26. I have hyeard two versions of the Adam 911 call, in one he calls and says he cut her down and the other version he calls and says he found a girl hanging and is told to cut her down so there is a long delay while he gets a knife and cuts her down and is told to start cpr or something then? Forget how odd the facts of the case are, trying to find out what THOSE are is nearly impossible!
  27. Yes let's trust a group of serial hoaxers masquerading as "scientists" rather than trust a professional paleontologist. What could go wrong?
  1. Load more activity