Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. cormac mac airt

The Name of the Beast

One would think that if Jesus, who’s believed to be God incarnate by many, couldn’t get it right then mankind has no business trying to second guess Him. Go figure. cormac
  3. I'm sorry. It is in the links. I have the New York news on now and the jury selection is complete. They haven't said if the judge decided to charge him with contempt. Opening statements will begin on Monday.
  4. I'm not clear. Did the military really pay $90,000 or did they just say they did?
  5. You remember who translated bear claw marks into Ogham? Not an Epigraphist. Harte
  6. How deliciously ironic that in order to gloss over the difference between the older and newer writing they also gloss over the fact that great pyramids were no longer built after the earliest PT appear! They even go so far as to call every little pile of rubble in Egypt a "pyramid". They use the exact same word to describe G1 as a pile of rubble! When you've seen one pyramid you've seen them all even if the later ones are tiny, flat, and hidden in sand. It's no wonder there are only mysteries and expert opinion. We don't get science we get history according to the BotD. I can't reiterate enough that nothing in the BotD can possibly apply to the great pyramids. This is a non-sequitur on steroids.
  7. I've always assumed those egregious examples were just about the Services creating a "black budget" like a slush fund.
  8. I hope they catch these sociopaths and put them in the worst prison in the nation.
  9. Scholar4Truth

Word Change

Fanny Pack.
  10. US Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall was stumped in Congress as he was questioned over 'exorbitant' military spending Florida Congressman Mike Waltz used a bag of bushings as an example, which he said the USAF is paying $90,000 a bag for He warned that military overspending is 'literally driving us out of business' as the nation's debt even exceeds its defense budget US Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall suffered an awkward moment in Congress as he was stumped over a question about military overspending. The military leader was questioned by Florida Congressman Mike Waltz over the 'exorbitant' amounts spent on regular inexpensive items, using a bag of bushings as an example. Despite the small bag of electrical bolts costing average Americans around $100, Waltz said the military forks out $90,000 a bag. cont... Moment Rep. Mike Waltz stumps USAF Secretary over military spending (msn.com)
  11. A 61 yr old female Uber driver was shot by an 81 yr old homeowner who believed she was one of the scammers who had called him all morning asking for $12,000. The Uber driver died in spite of trying to back away and leave. She was sent to the address because the scammers called for an Uber to pick up a package. The 81 yr old has been indicted for numerous charges. IMO he should have called Police when he first got the phone calls and he definitely should have called them when she showed up at his house. This is a sad story all around. Police are searching for the scammers who caused this and I think they need to be charged with murder too. I hope they get them. Uber driver shot: Body camera video released after Ohio man fatally shoots Uber driver he thought was a scammer - 6abc Philadelphia
  12. Self-immolation is pretty hot right now. Poor taste joke. As of right now one can look at this guy's online rambling on Substack. Appears to be quite an avid conspiracist. Good that his final(?) actions didn't involve violence against others. Unfortunate that he decided to hurt himself.
  13. Please be aware that for the most part UT has no clue what he/she is posting. This was on full display in the Ukraine war sub-forum. Don't expect anything with links that back up their posts from any reputable source. Due to his/her inability to post anything other what amounts to nothing more than speculative opinions he/she was summarily bounced out of there permanently. I have found it far more effective to place them on ignore and let them spout their BS into the void. Seagull posters don't deserve time wasted on them.
  14. Still Waters

Word Change

ice pack
  15. https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4605614-man-sets-himself-on-fire-outside-trump-trial-courthouse/
  16. Kittens Are Jerks

Dozens team up for complex rescue of trapped orca in B.C. lagoon

Bigger boats, more nets, people arrive in Zeballos, B.C., for new orca rescue attempt A large seine fishing vessel capable of casting a net strong enough to hold a nearly 700-kilogram killer whale calf has arrived in Zeballos, B.C., to participate in the latest attempt to rescue the young orca stranded in a remote tidal lagoon. The flat-bottom aluminum vessel has a built-in crane-like device for lifting heavy nets, and it's expected to be deployed as part of a rescue effort that could happen any day now in the lagoon on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island. https://www.cp24.com/news/bigger-boats-more-nets-people-arrive-in-zeballos-b-c-for-new-orca-rescue-attempt-1.6853701
  17. How do you not see that in this sentence fragment you restate your belief that there is in reality a continuum between them and that Egyptology must be right and I wrong? You are assuming the conclusion even after I point out that Egyptology assumed the conclusion. You want to believe that a continuum exists as was invented by Egyptology by the way they collated ancient writing. You must believe it because otherwise it would be bad methodology to translate and interpret the PT in terms of later works. Then after the PT are interpreted in terms of later works it is announced that sure enough the PT look like the BotD because they are an earlier version. How many times do I need to say that Egyptology is wrong about every single thing as it relates to the great pyramids until people quit throwing Egyptological beliefs in "cultural context" and a "3000 year civilization" at me. I already agreed the PT looks like the BotD but I disagree that Egyptologists are right about anything or that these two corpuses bore anything except superficial resemblances because the later Egyptians venerated the earlier Egyptians and tried to COPY them. It is still you with the fantastical claims that any book of incantation can be understood sufficiently to deduce the nature of the culture and how it might change over time. Every translation of the PT is revolutionary and the most modern English translations DON'T EVEN USE PROPER ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every language has rules and Allen tries to circumvent these rules in order to give the flavor of the superstitions and gobblelty gook. He takes an untranslatable language and renders it into no language at all. But he hardly addresses the act that he and every other translator has no choice but to use the BotD as a template to understand the PT. It is remarkable that people tolerate this. Meanwhile no progress can be made as PROVEN by the fact each new translation is revolutionary and not one of them makes any sense. We get lines like "the way goes over the flames under which the Gods create" or "a child the intelligence of osiris N is not". But every line changes over time with seemingly no one noticing that none of them really make any sense and if think they do that very concept will be contradicted in the next line. It is clear what the BotD is and it is clear what it means. So how in the world can you say that it is based on nonsense? The PT were the "Rituals of Ascension". They were read to the various crowds at ascension ceremonies that occurred primarily on the east sides of the great pyramids. It's hardly surprising a few of these rituals were adapted by later people for use in conjunction with funerals. Why wouldn't they be and why wouldn't Egyptologists gather these up from numerous sources and call them the "Coffin Texts"? This doesn't create a continuum and doesn't magically make translating the PT in terms of the BotD sound methodology. It is abhorrent methodology. It is right there for everyone to see that instead of solving the PT in terms of the PT and the culture of the great pyramid builders Egyptology instead chose to solve the PT in term of a book from 1200 years later. You have semantics, tradition, belief, and doctrine on your side. But you have no facts, no logic, and have solved no mysteries like how osiris arose and why the king is often called osiris N. I have AMNSWERED these questions and shown my work right here in this thread. You merely choose to reject it. I can support it a great deal more with a lot more lines from the actual culture that built the great pyramids rather than a later one that wrote a superstitious treatise called the BotD. Why bother? Nobody can get through to those with all the answers and tactically this is not the ideal thread for me to try.
  18. Wolves killed several yearling cattle in north-central Colorado this week, bringing the total number of wolf kills of livestock this month to six. Colorado Parks and Wildlife on Thursday confirmed that wolves killed three yearlings on a Grand County ranch between Monday night and Tuesday morning. The carcasses were discovered Wednesday, agency spokesman Travis Duncan said in an email. On Thursday, wildlife officials investigated a fourth yearling killed on the same property and determined the animal was killed by a wolf. https://phys.org/news/2024-04-reintroduced-wolves-yearling-cattle-latest.html Related:
  19. Too bad that distinction was not being made by protesters as well when they were threatening and attacking fellow students who were Jewish.
  20. simplybill

The Name of the Beast

You’re correct, and that’s why I used the words ‘appears to now be playing out’. As Jesus said, “No man knows the hour or the day”. I’ve always found it embarrassing when someone claims to have studied scripture and pinpointed the exact day of Jesus’ return, but judging by what I see happening in the world today, it now appears to me that many of the conditions spoken of in biblical end-times prophecies are gradually falling into place.
  21. He never claimed there was no redeeming NPR or that it had no value. He just said that it had taken a turn and now represented only the viewpoint of a very narrow swath of America and that it needed some reformation in it's methodology to be more inclusive or representative.
  22. Today
  23. What pretense? Is recognizing antisemitism really that difficult? But yeah sure, by all means then, explain how chants like 'death to Jews', 'from the river to the sea', 'resistance by any means necessary', and 'globalize the intifada', are not antisemitic. If you're not clear on what some of these terms mean, here's a crash course. Opposing Israeli government policies or advocating for the rights of Palestinians is not inherently antisemitic. A line is crossed, however, when such views and opinions intersect with antisemitic myths, symbols and chants. Another line is crossed when Jews (individually or collectively) are held responsible for Israel’s policies and actions. Criticism of Israel almost always veers into antisemitic territory, and I have yet to see a pro-Palestinian protest where it didn't. You are aware are you not, that the punishment had nothing to do with a mere expression of opposition? Silly me, of course you are.
  24. Another related article: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4603426-npr-reels-from-editors-public-rebuke-allegations-of-liberal-bias/
  1. Load more activity