Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't believe you

Not at all. A partner stand by the other. You said they tore her apart which doesn't sound like she handled the situation at all. Rather than disempower, it's more like by standing. Gun mentality? Really? They couldn't afford me. Like rape? There is only one standard when the word No comes into play. And as a result we have education, sewerage, running water, better health, liberation of minority groups etc. Its not all bad either. Yes I do and I will. JWs now face courts fir letting children die. That's a good thing. Ignorant people following religious rule that slaughter Offspring for offending their God and suppression of rights is very worthy of judgement. Perhaps you can't comprehend such when you don't even support your own wife? Killing another person is pretty straightforward Walker. Either it was an accident or not. Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't more research into truth serums be a better option? That's not honor thats jealousy IMHO. We send people to jail for it. We don't condone it through religious law.
  3. So when will you be starting that? Like I said (and you IGNORED) why weren't you debating this on the relevant threads that discuss the Elizondo/deLonge/TTS misinformation at great length? May I impolitely guess that you didn't do that as you do not understand high-end camera optics, stabilisation / tracking systems, FLIR, aeronautics? It certainly would have been embarrassing for you, so .. wise move.
  4. Doing God's will.

There is nothing paranormal involved in making a choice that's within your power to choose. Least of all is what you choose to dedicate your will to doing.
  5. haiku time

wishing for time to stand still, reveling in small moments we call life
  6. Doing God's will.

Then by your choice about this, you have validated that in this universe, you have the power to choose.
  7. DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

I don't know man. Based upon the tone of some of your posts you strike me as a typical basement dwelling millennial gamer whose diet consists of pizza, Doritos, twizzlers, and mountain dew. Not exactly a healthy diet, nor one beneficial for high testosterone levels.
  8. Doing God's will.

ps. There is also no available logic which supports the claim either. It seems to fail on every level. The best way I have heard the dilemna explained is... "All logic is against free will, all experience is for it." I'll go with logic and science on this one. Humans are too easily deluded. If you really give it enough thought and observation, you'll see that "experience" really doesn't support it either. It's fair enough if you still wish to believe in it personally, or claim it relies on some paranormal process beyond observation and logic. That's a personal belief though.
  9. I don't believe you

To borrow from Paul, only a person who can’t judge childhood violence lives under it and goes on to advocate for it. What did you do wrong besides be an appropriately dumb kid who didn’t know any better? You seem to have a hard time distinguishing/judging obvious harmful behavior from non harmful.
  10. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

This too: The Mueller report itself is now receiving deep scrutiny...and it doesn't look good for Robert Mueller: Special Counsel Mueller--Disingenuous and Dishonest https://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semper_tyrannis/2019/04/special-counsel-mueller-disingenuous-and-dishonest-by-larry-c-johnson.html So, we can see that Mueller's report is utter trash and cannot be used for anything beyond lining birdcages...if even the birds would have it.
  11. Doing God's will.

I disagree Will. It's black and white and about as subtle as a sledgehammer. There is no principle we have found so far in the universe, that allows for the type of free will you propose.
  12. Game of Thrones

i don't think that Dany will give up or share the throne for love. to kill Jon Snow and all that know the secret is not beyond Dany. i think Jon and his honourable nature are both going to get creamed.
  13. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

penetrate the dark for light begs to live in the far reaches of time
  14. Doing God's will.

There's an interesting aspect to this discussion about free will. As usual, there seems to be an elephant in the room. The proverbial large looming thing that's being heartedly avoided. But not without great hair splitting effort. The power to choose is limited, that's for sure, but there's no denying, there exists a more than adequate range wherein to make real choices. At the top of this pyramid piled up of things to choose, sits the most important choice of all, which is often avoided as long as possible. And not without reason, but avoided nonetheless. Sometimes, it's avoided with lengthy Rube Goldberg like machinations of mental pretzel making gymnastics doing nothing, but consuming valuable time. But there still, is the elephant. Swinging his trunk and trumpeting his presence, while at the apex of things human remains the unquestionable question: Shall I make a gift to God, dedication of the free will to the doing of the will of God?
  15. i can only debate facts, buddy. if these were drones then its amazing technology that can outfly American fighter jets. if they're drones then it stands to reason they're not American, so which country is flying super fast manoeuvrable jets (ER... drones) over U.S. airspace? and more importantly by your reasoning they should be allowed to continue flying unidentifiable craft or "drones" and the Navy should just forget about them and not bother.
  16. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Hi Earl, I know. Wasn't born yesterday, but one can always hope. Ya know it would have been a lot better for Marie if she had just retired to her country estate. Doing good, Checking the blooms on my fruit trees and hoping for more bees. The bumble bees haven't let me down anyway. Gonna have some good raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries maybe. Politics can take a back seat for a while. Be good.
  17. Okay lets see if we can find some common ground... first off they are not drones since they're moving and travelling at speeds faster than jets. they have no aerodynamics designs (i.e. wings) to move faster than fighter jets NOR hover stationary. second... assuming they were drones then who's are they? they're certainly not American otherwise the problem would have just gone away.
  18. Mr Chris Mellon, a former deputy assistant secretary of defence for intelligence and a staffer on the Senate Intelligence Committee, was less laudatory. https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/frustrated-pilots-got-us-navy-to-stop-dismissing-ufo-sightings
  19. why is the quote incorrect? because you said so... the article clearly states so. if you don't wanna believe what the article says then no amount of convincing on my behalf is gonna help you.
  20. Weird photo goes viral

Yeah nice one <snip>ing <SNIP>! I was talking about the picture posted that when viral and what it was about.
  21. Weird photo goes viral

Whaaat?
  22. Today
  23. Doing God's will.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The only option for you to make a freely willed choice, requires contra-causal will. If you "could have chosen otherwise" for any given state of the universe. That's because the brain states that are part of that given state of the universe (that led to your choice), would be identical no matter how many times it is replayed. So you need some principle that allows different choices from the exact same brain states. Can't happen.
  24. What's for dinner?

this sounds delightful on a dreary day such as today. we also had soup, chicken tortellini. I do believe i will do a potato soup next week if i can get everyone in the house to approve it
  25. Is it ethical to keep pets?

Yeah that is a good measure. I felt like this article argued that pets are unethical because some people mistreat them. And maybe without meaning to do so, some of the breeding modifications may indeed be detrimental. Maybe we could stop breeding bulldogs with heads so large the pups need to be born by C-Section. Maybe even size and hip problems could be addressed. For most people that care about their pets, if they knew, they would not mistreat. BY that person's argument, men should not be allowed to marry because some men mistreat their spouses. Couples should not be allowed to have children because some parents mistreat children. Think how we control their behavior and even their appearance. How cruel and unethical are braces? The argument about enforcing our will also seems spurious. How does a social animal like a dog learn to behave within it's pack except by teaching? Even cats learn from their parents how to behave in social settings. The ethical thing would be to address mistreatment. Funny, this thread wound me up more than most of the political ones. Just about like the arrogant super-environmentalists who say man has no place in this world. I am a grumpy old guy and my wife still works. Without my dog to keep me company in the daytime, I would wind up as antisocial and dangerous as Clint Eastwood.
  26. Weird photo goes viral

Its at an Art studio LIKE ! place and every city has them and the hippies flock to them and have a table and set their bead toys etc. oh excuuuuuuuuse me ART! up, the University or whatEVER!Host gets the 60% on the sales. UPDATE: I had that wrong, house gets 40% in the calc its x .6 and invert. What is a shame is regular folks get word of that, old junky whatever garbage shop or say a fly fishing shop etc. or used clothes, and they're truly <snip> ...or high or something because right away they try working that in for there little fly by night rental place-- well, their tripe is not art. They'd be doing well to get 12 or 15%, oh and let me tell you that really goes over well when you laughingly tell them that. hahhahahahaahaaa! If looks could kill kind of thing ha! Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  1. Load more activity