Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Abramelin

The Troy Deception

Why Hisarlik cannot have been Troy. It has long been known that Hisarlik, unlike Homer’s Ilios, has no natural acropolis. It is much smaller than the Ilios described by Homer. Also the Trojan battlefield below Hisarlik offers a very poor match with Homer’s descriptions of the Trojan plain. Such famous features as the Wall of Herakles and the beautiful hill Kallikolone are absent at Hisarlik. By 1982, soil studies in what was thought of as the plain of Troy showed that, in Trojan times, there was actually a large bay at the mouth of the river Mendere. In Trojan times, some 3,200 years ago, Hisarlik was in reality a coastal fortress. There was no great battlefield here between Troy and the sea, upon which Homer’s heroes fought the Trojan War. If the story is not to be condemned as a fairytale we must try a different approach. http://thetroydeception.com/supporting-papers/the-troy-deception-explined-for-kldafs-16012014
  3. simplybill

The Name of the Beast

Another perspective: The ‘end times’ scenario appears to now be playing out as described in the Bible, but keep in mind that belief in God isn’t required for that to happen. The major players in the world seem to be following a script inspired by the Bible, but in a secular way. Muslims, Jews and Christians are all expecting a Messiah to arrive very soon, and I’m sure there are plenty of influential people willing to step into that role, politicians especially. Look at how the political rhetoric has changed in recent years: Obama was given the moniker ‘Messiah’ by the media, and Trump called himself ‘The Chosen One’. In other words, the term ‘Messiah’ has been secularized and politicized. I don’t think either Obama or Trump have enough persuasiveness to convince the world that they qualify for the role of a worldwide messiah, but if the world’s financial systems collapse, and someone arrives on the scene with the financial wisdom/expertise to avert disaster, the citizenry, in desperation, would jump at the chance to maintain the quality of life that we’re enjoying now, even to the point of pledging allegiance to that person and his control of the monetary system.
  4. Once the Amazons reached the Mediterranean (as the story goes) they possibly settled in the Northern areas, Lesbos and Samothrace, even to the Black Sea, therefore becoming more well known in those areas, due to writings and encounters by more knowledable people…where most of the archaeology is found of them.
  5. This is exactly the same thing a mystic, Inquisitor, religious zealot might say. Who am I to question doctrine? It's simply not enough for me to show that Egyptological belief is non-sequitur and assumes the conclusion I must somehow prove that this bad methodology failed before I bypass it. Science doesn't require logic but all progress in science invariably follows common sense and common sense says it is invariably cause and only then effect. Even tachyons will eventually be seen this way in all likelihood. The sun appears to rise every morning but in point of fact we are seeing the result of the earth that rotates at 1000 MPH. I don't have to prove the sun doesn't really rise in the morning no matter how many times people say it or how many people now and in the past believe it. Egyptology is wrong about everything. Because they are wrong they don't know what "osiris" is or how it arose. Without knowing what oriris is there is no chance to understand osiris N. Egyptology BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION bases everything known about the pyramid builders on a book of incantation and patterns they can see based on this! How many exclamation marks does that sentence require? History is going to be brutal to modern day Egyptologists and the longer they drag their feet and not apply science it will be more brutal. It's hard to imagine the guffaw that "they mustta used ramps" will elicit in scientists in another century. There is no evidence that the "book of incantation" laughingly called the "pyramid texts" was written by people who believed in Gods. There is no direct evidence any great pyramid was a tomb. We have only mysteries because Egyptology used the worst methodology in history. It is bad methodology on a biblical scale and not "fact". .
  6. Abramelin

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

I hope the 2 of you meet soon. Btw., UM is not a dating site.
  7. Abramelin

I know it's a typo, but I dò like your "Grease test Egyptologist of our age.
  8. Here is a related article about the new head of NPR Katherine Maher https://www.city-journal.org/article/wikipedia-co-founder-shocked-by-npr-chief-katherine-maher It seems like it's going to be harder for the usual suspects on UM to continue to deny the left wing bias and media companies complicity in censorship of messaging at behest of government if these persons of good conscience that advocate freedom of speech and thought continue to out them like this.
  9. The Puzzler

Atlanteans

I tried Abe, it’s slightly off at Casablanca in tilt but you can see one of the ancient rivers, not the block grey but the southern blue grey fine line that is part of the system, does go around or near it…. And since the structure is hydrology created, it would make sense it did. Nit saying there was an ancient civilisation but the Phoenicians may have known about it.
  10. Wepwawet

We may be "privileged" to be joined by the "Greastest Egyptologist of our age". I hope he reads the forum rules carefully, or maybe not....
  11. Hmm... So, there were people living all over Europe well before these cultures. Why are these the first European civilizations?
  12. You base that comment on what exactly? Would you care to give us some specific examples of how much NASA equipment costs compared to how much it should cost... based on actual evidence of course, NOT simply your idea of common sense?
  13. What 'Mars money'? The whole point is that the costs of this mission have spiralled beyond what NASA can afford.
  14. How interesting ! For a moment there I misread your comment and thought you were asking me about a Jewish Berber scholar who wrote in Hebrew about pantheistic Berber goddesses, lol. That sent me down a google rabbit-hole where I bumped into an odd site that claimed Medusa was a Libyan warrior priestess, instead of a Lycian (southern Anatolian) gorgon, while I also tried to find any Berber Sephardi Historians who might fit the bill. That made for a somewhat weird 15 minutes, then I re-read the comment and SMH.
  15. They have. But the amount of analysis you can do in a car sized rover is extremely limited compared to the amount of analysis you can do in a laboratory? Have you ever actually seen a laboratory? They are big room sized things full of massive instruments.
  16. qxcontinuum

The Name of the Beast

There is indeed a possibility that The number of the Beast was related to Rome and as mentioned the year of Julius Cesar. Further down, the Bible was saying that this beast was sitting over 7 hills which truly makes Italy the rightful candidate. https://theromanguy.com/italy-travel-blog/rome/what-are-the-seven-hills-of-rome/ The problem is if that apocalypse had already happened nearly 2000 years ago, where does curent time translate in the Bible ?
  17. PA is not an American and who do you really think Hawken will vote for?
  18. Nah, it costs more than that per week to rent a shoe box.
  19. Estonia pioneers instrument for Comet Interceptor mission through Prodex
  20. cormac mac airt

Revisiting God Constructs

Pretending to study the Bible with full-blown incompetence, how humiliating for you. You should be pitied. cormac
  21. Hmm, I just looked up return flights from Buenos Aires to London. They take 17 hours and cost about 2000 pounds, so add another 400 for cheap rent of an apartment in Buenos Aires. Does that wind up getting you ahead or not Londoners? Inquiring minds want to know the logistics?
  22. Electronics engineer fitting Plato to his own personal favorite theory (Richat.) Harte
  23. Video shows flashes in sky near location where Israel struck https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2024/04/19/israel-strike-inside-iran-video-ctm-vpx.cnn
  24. godnodog

Current Ukrainian counteroffensives

it seems that Ukr managed to shot down a Russian Tupolev-22M3
  1. Load more activity