Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Some of my "ghost" stories

See, you are more fun than me, Papa. I don't tolerate pranks or that sort of thing at ALL. If a "ghost" has nothing to do, then it needs to do it somewhere else. I'm just mean LOL.
  3. Revelations talks about climate change

Nothing personal meant, jmccr8, just speaking generally for those who usually respond on these topics. I fully understand the need by some to have proof for my faith but I don't understand those who insist on perpetually hounding that point even after a frank admission that it's my FAITH and I have absolutely no proof. A couple here simply can't even take "yes" for an answer, they are obsessed with explaining, in detail, why they believe people of faith are either misguided or stupid. It can be fascinating to watch, in the beginning, but then it just becomes tiresome.
  4. US threatens to veto UN resolution on rape

I am struggling to find the humor or the political hay to make out of women from 6 to 60 begging for mercy and receiving none. Its sad to sit back in comfort several thousand miles away and not only fail to give a rat's ass about it but laugh.
  5. Doing God's will.

@Jodie.Lynne Perhaps I should have said "physical"? Though it amounts to the same thing. Our entire psyche is derived from physical/biological structures. Behaviour is derived from them also. There is no magical non physical thing calling the shots. It follows cause and effect.
  6. Doing God's will.

Not all who wander are lost.
  7. Doing God's will.

Maybe I'm just one of those poor fools who needs to believe in free will. Because for the past 22 years I've had to make stuff happen, regardless of how I felt. I've had to choose to work through, sickness, exhaustion, depression, and a whole bunch of other stuff, while a part of me screams "give up." and I wouldn't heed it. Perhaps that is my biggest flaw. Denial. That struggle between what I need to do vs. what I want to do.
  8. Doing God's will.

It's a difference that makes no difference. Both garner an entourage of mindless sycophants.
  9. Doing God's will.

Yes, one can practice self-delusion until it becomes automatic. As in your case. Prattling on about following gods will, when you cannot even describe what it is. Simply put: Some people follow gods will and spread hatred and homophobia. Some people follow gods will and help the less fortunate. Some follow gods will and slaughter the unbeliever. Some follow gods will and live lives of solitude and contemplation. Some follow gods will and reap huge fortunes conning the gullible. And they ALL think they are right. Seems to me like god has a lot of wills.
  10. Doing God's will.

It's not until a person decides to know something, "unkowable" or not, that anything becomes known. The decision to find out, comes first.
  11. An interesting aspect of their lives was that they at times invited skeptical groups to meet with them because it appeared they believed in what they did and wanted to be vindicated by people other than believers.
  12. Is The Kingdom going nuclear?

Prolific? Pakistan has the bomb, there are tactical nukes unaccounted for in several former Russian vassal states and the Saudi's are filthy rich and Israel never messes with them and vise versa. Seems pretty likely.
  13. I don't believe you

I think, that's pretty much it. Though, I am at the thought there is a 'camp' of the thinking of it's moral when one sees fits.
  14. Missing Crystal Lake boy

This is another sad case. I feel sad for the boy and suspect he is dead. With some luck I will be wrong, and pray that I am.
  15. Doing God's will.

Looks to me like you're headlong into the essence of the business of "doing God's will" The headaches will go away. The response ability will remain.
  16. I don't believe you

It even gets worse I can’t wrap my head around hitting a small defenseless child as the main stay of raising them. The child has been taught it deserves this kind of treatment, and therefore becomes indifferent to harm towards others in general. I regularly read older people on FB who post things about how a good flogging never hurt anyone. Sheesh. Yet, (from reading the same thing from different older people myself) I find myself observing how 'damaged' they seem. *shrugs* I always heard the old saying, when punishing a child, this is going to hurt me more than you. As someone who loves her children, (and this is punishment that would normally be non-physical) I really didn't want to hurt them at all, (but had to punish them) To be violent to a child, pretty much getting your anger out on them, how horrifying is one, who does that?!?! I know, I have seen the difference of those who were abused, neglected, hurt, growing up, and those who were raised with the right non-violent discipline, and see how you're right, Sheri. People who were violently punished growing up, might say they weren't affected from it, need to see them from other's point of views. It's usually something totally different, then they actually believe of themselves.
  17. Doing God's will.

The brain and nervous system are biological?
  18. Doing God's will.

True, but what of the leader? That's who I am talking about. The one who shouts "I know!" and gets others to follow them. I'm not thinking about the snake-oil salesmen, but the ones who sincerely believe that they can know a deity's mind.
  19. and then

Bernie and Kamala have their "Dukakis" moment: 

20. Climate Change is a Hoax

Take a minute, read the post (the whole thing) and re-formulate your tboughts. Then, write an intelligible question.
  21. Is The Kingdom going nuclear?

Oh....? That's a prolific statement, Claw.
  22. Doing God's will.

Don't get excited Xeno but I agree with you 1000% To me, you've never said anything that makes more sense!
  23. Doing God's will.

How does biology fit into this?
  24. Doing God's will.

All I'm trying to say is the perhaps there is some type of middle ground we're not seeing.
  25. Doing God's will.

That is whom a follower follows..
  26. Doing God's will.

Or someone who claims to "know the unknowable" and has decided that they know the mind of god.
  1. Load more activity