Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Climate Change is a Hoax

And I missed this Doug-gem on first reading: "Credentials don't matter if the person knows what he's talking about." Doug is the only person on this thread who gets to have things work like this. Basically what he is saying is that people engaging with what Orwell defined as Correct Thought or Speech are the only people we should listen to.
  3. Urban rat poisons are spilling over into Cape Town's natural environment, threatening species such as caracal, mongoose, otter and owl, a team of University of Cape Town (UCT) researchers in the Institute for Communities and Wildlife in Africa (iCWild) has discovered. In their recent paper, published in the journal Science of the Total Environment, the researchers found that anticoagulant rat poisons are infiltrating Cape Town's peri-urban wildlife food chains. The study, believed to be the first of its kind, was conducted within and around Cape Town's Table Mountain National Park. These animals already face challenges that include increasing habitat loss, vehicle collisions, poachers and fire, says lead author Dr. Laurel Serieys, a postdoctoral research fellow at the iCWild. https://phys.org/news/2019-05-rat-poison-affects-peri-urban-wildlife.html
  4. "Ok to be gay" school lessons cause unrest

Whatever rows your boat.
  5. Cern and time line jumping

I believe I am one of the experiencers of the Berenstain/Berenstein Mandela Effect. I just wanted to say that the books today can't be used as evidence against this Effect. The believers know all the books now say Berenstain. When you say 'The name was always Berenstain' you are only stating your own personal experience. Others may have had different experiences.
  6. Climate Change is a Hoax

Dodgy Doug sez: "McKitrick made major mistakes in his paper and now you deniers worship him. And the anti-global warming propaganda machine adores him, even though he can't tell degrees from radians. "Four years of the most-rigorous peer review" and his paper is debunked within two weeks of publication." Minor mistakes Doug that don't negate the overall accuracy of his points. Debunked in two weeks by the very teat suckers that need to keep the global warming grant machine pumping. Fess up Doug ...... when was the last time you had a job in private industry? Tell us when was the last time you didn't have to back up to get your paycheck?
  7. Word Association from the Last Letter

encircle -> circumscribe
  8. "Ok to be gay" school lessons cause unrest

It's a culture clash that can't easily be resolved. It's been going on for a while, and I can see both sides of the argument. Sparkbrook is mainly Muslim, but the schools have to pretend that it doesn't make any difference to the way they educate pupils.
  9. Impedancer

And the way the rain comes down hard that's the way i feel inside

10. Never indicated they were not real...Just that the standards of evidence that would be required to prove they are from another planet does not exist. Agree, if you are looking at it in the context of what an eyewitness statement means in a court of law then sure...If you turn it around and apply it to the court of science it don't hold up. I think that's where the jist of doubt lies. True..But even with all that they still do not know what they were from what I have read on the incident. Cannot speak to this...The way I see it Stereo does a good job of holding his own and seems to be extremely knowledgeable in this stuff. I don't know they do it with these videos and photos we see here...So I won't say it cannot happen.
  11. "Ok to be gay" school lessons cause unrest

It's OK to be what ever you want and screw what anyone thinks.
  12. Cern and time line jumping

Human experiences analyzed for quantity, quality and consistency are one of the valid ways our reasoning skills help us understand reality. The traditional scientific method does not work well with temporary, non-reproducible experiences. The wish to denigrate such evidence is one of the unfortunate aspects of mentality that has been called 'scientism'.
  13. Climate Change is a Hoax

Yes, a few days ago, (before the election) in a Rupert Murdock, Newspaper, which according to a CCC nutcase, (other forum) is the epitome of evil for the CCC crowd, had a advertisement stating what the truth was, or there was no end is nigh, and the usual article by one of the two editors with an actual brain who still use it, also stated that if AU went back to the stone ages tomorrow it would make very little difference globally, (1-3%) (the US or China is different). But does that make any difference to a CCC, in AU, nope, Labour was going to Take Action on Climate Change, by p****ing away a quarter of a trillion at least, where at least 30 billion of that would be stripped from retiree's, (the key reason they lost) so up to half of us would be driving electric cars by 2030, eventhough they would by charged at night, when solar is junk and wind, well it would blow part of the time at night. And if you want a 4 Wheel drive or tow a speedboat forget it, no Tesla 4WD's available, (l know by 2030 there might be, but a 4WD enthusiast isn't going to vote on a maybe). And in the meantime none of this makes any difference globally, we are just too small a country! But a CCC voter runs on Action and Emotion, so...no surprize that 70% of CCC's are age 18+ And as for the CCC nutter l mentioned earlier, on the other forum, he seemed to be happy and posting regularly, and took a stab at me, politically in one post, And months ago has rubbished the Liberals to death, saying they will be run over by Labor/Greens, since they believe in Climate Change, and was certain that L'G would win. After they didn't, he disappeared, and hasn't been seen since, although still active, (not posting though) on one forum he frequents. My guess is he is at a bar, crying that the end is nigh over a beer, or it a forest somewhere hugging tree's? I expect that he will return soon, to crack the s****ts big time, like a child having his CCC lollypoop yanked away from him, so l will look forward to that light entertainment, lol. Yes, he is wearing glasses and only has 30 years experience, Fake News, bo-ho- sob, sob!
  14. Impedancer

This song reflects my experiences of how i have been treated in life.

15. Climate Change is a Hoax

No one said journals were funded by grants. I just said pseudo-scientists suck on the grant teat and clack away at their taxpayer funded computers. I would guess that some of them even clack away at websites like Unsolved Mysteries.
  16. Watch: Man Films Flying Humanoid?

what a cunning stunt
  17. acute

There are now more Tories in the leadership race than Dems running for President!

18. I'm not criticizing anyone who writes a book, just those that claim that a relatively small number of people "knew" the project called Apollo. I have asked how many do you believe was in on your hoax, absolute values are not needed just an order of magnitude. Nothing but silence and "I keep telling you none of the evidence is mine to give.". Surely "John" and you discussed this claim for you to give an approximate number. As to your work with the UK government's Department of Trade & Industry, I'm not sure what they did, but it doesn't sound like a major technological/engineering type projects, so I'll repeat that you don't have the expertise to understand let alone claim that a relative few number of people knew about Apollo. The worker at the first level didn't need to know what the parts they were manufacturing fit into the whole program but from there upwards those supervisors need to know how to fit those pieces into the overall project. You are simply speculating about the numbers and don't really know. Well that article was a first hand observation of the end result. Did the reporter know how to work the devices? Probably not except it lost reception when not adjusted for the Earth's rotation. BTW UFO's are not part of this discussion nor comparisons to them that is for a completely different thread. You of course have a copy of this memo that you could post a link so that the group may be able to read the entire document not just three words.. I am unable to find such a document
  19. Climate Change is a Hoax

Scientific journals are funded through subscriptions, not grants. Doug
  20. Climate Change is a Hoax

You seem to have nailed it in the first sentence. Credentials don't matter if the person knows what he's talking about. McKitrick made major mistakes in his paper and now you deniers worship him. And the anti-global warming propaganda machine adores him, even though he can't tell degrees from radians. "Four years of the most-rigorous peer review" and his paper is debunked within two weeks of publication. Another of your darlings, James Inhoffe, quoted a paper that had been withdrawn from publication by the authors, citing mistakes. One thing your side is not noted for is its scholarship. There are about 300 different climate models. Most target a specific area, like a major watershed. You use those in a general way, but when it comes to speciifcs, like how high will the water in the Columbia at Oregon City get in the next fifty years, you can't count on them. This is especially so in dry areas subject to summer thunderstorms - the precip is too random and variable for easy prediction. Instead, go to specific papers on whatever you want to know. For now, that's the best you're going to do. However, general circulation models are getting better and I think they'll achieve the needed accuracy in just a few years. Doug There are about half-a-dozen genral circulation models. Those are the ones used in world-wide climate simulations. They work well on average, but when it comes to specific
  21. Animal Lifespans

It just goes to show how long some animals are capable of living for. That is if they can keep away from trophy hunters etc.
  22. Climate Change is a Hoax

Doug-splains it: "If a scientific journal publishes political tripe, it gets the reputation for publishing political tripe and scientists quit subscribing to it. It goes out of business. The only way it can stay in business is to publish the best-quality scientific work it can." No Doug, when scientific journals publish global warming articles based on bad science some pseudo-scientists get to continue sucking on the grant teat and sit in their offices clacking on taxpayer funded computers.
  23. Really? I don't see - as an example, Stereologist, buying into the notion that many people saw the "carpenter's square" shaped UFO in the skies over Phoenix. He denies that and many folks have "explanations" like aircraft flying in V formation as to what the eyewitnesses really saw Here's my criterion... If you have a few eyewitnesses (3, 4, or more) that can clearly be seen as NON connected (to prevent collusion) and all such witnesses report seeing the same thing at the same time, then it has to be truth that they speak. Period. You just can't get several people to sporadically decide to pull a prank on police and make a fake report AND have the report be of the same object. It just doesn't happen. So all the UFO reports with multiple eyewitnesses are real - Phoenix lights, Battle Over LA, Washington DC UFO flap, Cleveland Ohio, and many many more. Luckily, people's *original* statements - such as in Phoenix lights are preserved.
  24. "Daily demonstrations have been taking place outside Anderton Park Primary School in Birmingham but Friday's was the largest - and angriest - so far. "Flyers had been sent around the local community encouraging people to join protests against the school "brainwashing" children that "it's okay to be gay". "One man told Sky News he had joined the crowd because "homosexuality is a heinous, horrible thing". Another said homosexuality is "not acceptable for us lot"." Full report at Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/angry-protests-continue-over-birmingham-schools-okay-to-be-gay-brainwashing-11722537 At the Huffington Post: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/row-over-lgbt-lessons-erupts-between-protesters-outside-birmingham-primary-school_uk_5ce2793fe4b00e035b93e210?
  25. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

polar bears have none while some swine dine gold-plated cake instead of bread
  26. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

vying to survive hungry children clutch their bowls polar bears have none
  1. Load more activity