Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

My point being that Tarrant doesn't represent Christians but he thought he was fighting in the name of Christianity, similar to the Knight Templars.
  3. United Nations report: One million species at risk of extinction The devastating impact of human activity on the Earth’s biodiversity has been laid bare in a shocking new report by the United Nations. Up to one million species face extinction due to human influence, according to a draft UN report obtained by AFP that painstakingly catalogues how humanity has undermined the natural resources upon which its very survival depends. The accelerating loss of clean air, drinkable water, CO2-absorbing forests, pollinating insects, protein-rich fish and storm-blocking mangroves — to name but a few of the dwindling services rendered by nature — poses no less of a threat than climate change, says the report, set to be unveiled May 6. Indeed, biodiversity loss and global warming are closely linked, according to the 44-page summary for policymakers, which distils a 1800-page United Nations (UN) assessment of scientific literature on the state of nature. https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/conservation/united-nations-report-one-million-species-at-risk-of-extinction/news-story/d9f8a97f5c53fe42bcd0fda8957f1e25
  4. Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Morrisons tinned baked beans & sausages. Those tiny bangers inside that tin taste like a herb overdose that's been out in the sun too long. A big yucky grrr.
  5. acute

My old man said "Foller the van,

And don't dilly dally on the way".

Off went the van wiv me 'ome packed in it.

I walked behind wiv me old côck linnet.

6. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Anymore it sure feels like thats all thats left.
  7. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Now compare that to suicidal Islamic terrorists being inspired by some abstract belief from something in the Quran. Any different?
  8. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

I wasn't aware of this Templar group until you mentioned it. Like I told Golden Duck, it seems he talked to them. Breivik was his hero.
  9. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

No. He did mention the Knight Templars though. Posted the link. That seems to have come from Breivik also. It seems he talked to them before he committed the murders.
  10. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

He said he got approval from a revived Knights Templars as if that's even a thing.
  11. Dire wolf? Wolf shifter? Magic?

Some animals do not need much light at all. for their eyes to glow.
  12. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Apparently his hero Brevik was the one that inspired him in his Knight Templar quest. Just saw your previous post now.
  13. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

His reference to the Knight Templars seems to have also come from Breivik. https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/brenton-tarrant-anders-breivik-knights-templar/
  14. I don't believe you

Go back and read all the previous posts . Rape did not even exist as an entity within a marriage until the 1970s. Rape is defined as sex which is had without ( in modern law free and informed) consent, and is thus illegal In a marriage consent was legally given by the act of marriage and could not be withdrawn under that contract (socially and legally) Second it was not illegal for either partner to demand sex from the other, although politeness civilty and a good nature might limit the demands marriage legally and specifically excluded the possibility of rape within it BUT outside of marriage, where no contract existed, a person could give and withdraw consent on an individual basis at different times Its taken centuries to make this clear and definite eg only recently it was decide that it was not necessary for a woman to refuse consent A failure to give it specifically resulted in rape, so if you has sex with an unconscious person, it was rape, but that is a quite recent legal evolution. Not long ago a court would not judge rape if a woman initially gave consent and then withdrew it during the act That has also been improved.
  15. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Tarrant didn't mention a single denomination of Christianity. He describes his family as apathetic and apolitical with interests in animal rights, environmentalism and tax. He was about preserving European culture - code for white. Any Christian tradition is the same secular Christianity Dawkins speaks of.
  16. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Not in so many words, no. He did bring up Christianity but didn't say he was one. I wasn't aware he mentioned the Knight Templars.
  17. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Yes he did. It may have not been the Christian that everyone aspires to be but then again, that was the point of my post. Muslims can claim the same that Islamic terrorists don't represent Muslims. Tarrant believed in reviving the Knight Templars. I'm sure you know who they were and while they weren't your everyday pious Christian, they did claim to fight in the name of Christianity.
  18. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Wholeheartedly agree with you, though, I think its next to impossible... I hope I'm wrong.
  19. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Nope he didn't
  20. Tesla promises fully autonomous cars by 2020

Does that same as self-driving cars?
  21. I don't believe you

You said it, and to look outside our society, for new and different ideas and moralities, we must read widely, study deeply, and think imaginatively two of those things were never available to most people before the last 150 years To me they are There have always been laws which give consequences for certain behaviours. As one of our state premiers once said. "You may, and perhaps must, disobey laws you feel are wrong, BUT in doing so you must be prepared to accept the consequences of disobedience " Today, people want to, believe they should be able to, and often can, disobey WITHOUT facing the consequences. And indeed feel entitled to do so No I meant what i said. Only a person who lives in a society is able to competently judge that society We outside, will judge with values not applicable to the history culture beliefs or lives of those within it. Of course in some states there is an imbalance of power and the citizens want change but cant attain it However, more commonly, it is us outsiders who want to cause changes, and tho e within are quite comfortable. So if in a state most women dont want to be able to drive then that is a reasonable value but basically an Australian shouldn't be able to tell an Iranian what is the right way to live and a Muslim shouldn't be able to tell a christian what is the right way to live. The UN not withstanding
  22. Dire wolf? Wolf shifter? Magic?

Dogs eyes glow sometimes in different colours depending on their mood without much light source.I'd say it was a wolf and was looking at you as a potential meal.
  23. Dire wolf? Wolf shifter? Magic?

you know, the folklore of shape shifters, skin walkers whatever you want to call them are based on people like piney, so when he gives his opinion on the subject i feel like an MC ad and will call it priceless.
  24. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

Farage makes some good points.
  25. General tournament chat

So sorry about that, SW. I am back home this evening after a week away with no access to RedHotPawn. I will resume the game but if you wish I have no problem with you taking the win now.
  26. "Archaeologists discovered an ancient tomb containing dozens of mummies at a site in southeast Egypt. Cut into rock and hidden behind a stone wall, the tomb contained the bodies of both adults and children stored across multiple burial chambers." Full monty with nice pics at newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/ancient-egypt-mummies-tomb-archaeology-cartonnage-1403726 Ministry of Antiquities at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moantiquities/posts/2258537424191895 "Ancient Egyptian Tomb With More Than 30 Mummies" "Hidden behind a stone wall, the tomb belonged to a person named Tjt and dates back to the Greco-Roman Period (332 BC -395 AD). It contained the bodies of both adults and children stored across multiple burial chambers, various artifacts, vessels still containing food, and even an intact stretcher used by the people who deposited the mummies in the tomb." At Geek dot com: https://www.geek.com/news/archaeologists-unearth-ancient-egyptian-tomb-with-more-than-30-mummies-1784190/
  1. Load more activity