Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hanslune

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Why don't you link to an image of what you are referring too. Depending on the situation you may be alluding to buildings that have been partially buried by an accumulation of soil after construction. Sources, sources are like people - who can you trust or not trust. One of our folks here Kenemet can answer that in fine style for you.
  3. It might not be 2,000 light years from home, but The Rolling Stones could be forgiven for boasting about having a rock named after them on Mars. NASA bestowed the title on the little stone after its InSight robotic lander captured the object rolling across the surface of the red planet, and it seemed provide Sir Mick Jagger with plenty of satisfaction when he heard the news. https://news.sky.com/story/rolling-stones-rock-nasa-names-stone-on-mars-after-band-11792200
  4. susieice

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Not necessarily. They do a lot for the military. So does Halliburton. That doesn't mean that certain higher ups or employees couldn't be doing some sidelining. From one of pixiii's links... An investigation is on-going, disciplinary actions were taken against DynCorp leaders in Afghanistan, we are also aware of proposals for new procedures, such as stationing a military officer at RTCs, that have been introduced for consideration. (Note: Placing military officers to oversee contractor operations at RTCs is not legally possible under the currentDynCorp contract.) Beyond remedial actions taken, we still hope the matter will not be blown out of proportion, an outcome which would not be good for either the U.S. or Afghanistan. From another... Some 200,000 to 250,000 contractor employees are working in Iraq and Afghanistan, sometimes outnumbering U.S. troops. These employees, experts say, are more likely than members of the military to frequent brothels or to be traffickers, because of more freedom of movement and less strict controls on their time. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton presenting last year’s human trafficking report. “We have to ensure that our policies live up to our ideals,” she said at the unveiling of this year’s report.But when these employees commit crimes in war zones they have proven to be a law enforcement challenge because of strapped investigative resources and a legal loophole for some contractors. Yet few other crimes have received the attention sex trafficking has from the highest levels of government. “
  5. Second quote from L.A. Marzulli, pseudohistorian and fringe author. IOW, bull****. Harte
  6. Alchopwn

Mega disaster rocking end July or on August

Unless the Amazon Jungle Fire was caused by a volcanic erruption, the Angel of Light isn't doing well atm.
  7. Crookshanks

Flat Earth and Tartaria

It definately said 2.5 miles.
  8. Obviously a kid in a nanotech invisibility jumpsuit. Little rat probably had a parent in an intelligence service and nicked their mom's spy gear to go housebreaking for sh*ts and giggles.
  9. Peter B

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Did your source say "2.5 miles" or "2.5m"? If the latter, then I expect they meant 2.5 metres - which is unlikely, but at least more plausible than 2.5 miles. Remember, there aren't many countries that use those quaint measurements known as "miles".
  10. Not Your Huckleberry

Shimmery blue tarantula discovered

Beautiful, but I truly hope greedy hobbyists and businessmen and women don't get a hold of these and drive them to the edge of extinction like they've done with several other species. Not that anyone cares, because it's not "cute".
  11. A Gloucestershire man has started walking Nancy Drew the tortoise to the pub and around town. Jason Smith says the African sulcata tortoise, which is actually male, needs to burn off energy, as in the wild he would ordinarily be looking for a mate at this time of year. The creature has become famous around Tewkesbury, with people loving to stop and say hello. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-gloucestershire-49449995/gloucestershire-man-walks-tortoise-to-the-pub-every-day
  12. Alchopwn

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Now THAT is an interesting topic. I have certainly done what I can to read up on it. I had a good chat with a Romanian Professor who was an expert on the subject, and how it played into the Volkswandrung and the end of the Roman Empire. I am presently looking for good source material on the White Huns.
  13. Piney

Flat Earth and Tartaria

NOPE! I studied the archaeology and cultures of the Steppe.
  14. Alchopwn

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Tartaria is Mongolia and the Khanate. The Europeans thought that the Mongols had emerged from the underworld of Tartarus to "scourge the world", hence they called them Tartars.
  15. More data. (March 2018) DNA results of @500 CE elongated Bulgarian female skulls in Bavaria gives rise to (disputed) theory of their presentation as political treaty brides: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/03/strange-elongated-skulls-reveal-bulgarian-treaty-brides-ancient-germany (May 6, 2019) Paracas skulls DNA tested second time, reveals earthly origin: http://sciencevibe.com/2019/05/06/paracas-skulls-shocker-dna-reveals-this-is-genetic-not-cranial-deformation-or-aliens/
  16. Probably, with the usual Biblical exaggeration. Palestine was always the possession of one empire or another.
  17. Crookshanks

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Hey all I am aware of the official history surrounding the whole tartaria thing lol and the world seeing as I am half way through my degree and all. I just wondered what people thought of the possibility that the official history is not the actual history. Doing the degree we are given sources to look at, and are told to make up our own minds about it and we tend to sort of come up with the same sorts of things. However if you are creative I suppose you could come up with an alternative history, if you had the right sources. Right? Trouble is, how do we know what sources are reliable and what isn't. I mean, you could look at the foundations of a building and say yes its just foundations but then ask why? Why would they have a window that is half in and half out of the ground. Why to foundations even need windows? Little things like that.
  18. Liquid Gardens

Are near-death experiences merely illusions ?

Hush now while the adults are talking.
  19. Liquid Gardens

Are near-death experiences merely illusions ?

Where did I say that? I asked, if remote viewers can travel around the globe and to other planets and describe accurate details there, why they can't go a much shorter distance and tell us something that would be far more indicative that they had powers? Why is that an unreasonable question, or what is wrong or unfair about the other questions I asked? You don't think that competent people can make mistakes and come to incorrect conclusions? From your perspective, isn't something like that implicitly your response to the other competent people who point out the problems with Utts' and Targ's methodologies, that those opposing competent people are making mistakes? I've had decades of interest in these subjects also, but my interest in them includes the arguments against them. I'm mainly asking you because I've seen you many times leave comments about subjects like this but they seem to always be about the overall state of the cases for them (you believe the quantity of evidence is enough to show it to be true without a doubt, it's not fair to say there is 'no evidence' for psychic stuff in your view, etc) and rarely about the actual details that support that case. There may be other discussions you are having here pointing out this compelling evidence that I haven't seen, but most of what I read from you is talking around the subject, like you just did here where we skipped from initial questions about the details to giving up because you feel the discussion will go nowhere. If I don't end up believing you then it doesn't mean the discussion went nowhere, if you provided the best details and evidence you may convince others here even if it doesn't convince me.
  20. MainerMikeBrown

What's for dinner?

Tonight for me it's going to be ribeye steak and corn on the cob. I can't wait!
  21. MainerMikeBrown

What's your weather like today?

So far today it's been mostly cloudy out here.
  22. Piney

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Tartar is a term used for Turkish speakers and Tartaria was a "catch all" phrase for the Central Asian and Pontic Caspian Steppes or where ever Turks lived. There was never any giants in North America or interaction with Europe or Asia prior to 1492. The "Columbian Exchange" negates it.
  23. I think this gets more to the core of it. It is a question that has been considered by many great thinkers and involves consciousness/awareness. Consider the following: Consciousness & Physical Reality Considerations The actual relationship between consciousness and physical reality is mysterious. Physical reality may be a manifestation of conscious thought (idealism), or consciousness may arise from physical antecedents (materialism), or consciousness and physical reality may both arise from a common source (neutral monism), or consciousness and physical reality may arise independently of each other and interact somehow (dualism). What is equally unclear is the nature of the interaction of the two. Does consciousness merely perceive reality or does it create reality or does it modify a pre-existing reality? And when we talk about consciousness, do we mean the consciousness of the individual or of the human species or of all living things or of God? If consciousness creates or modifies reality, is this reality a whole or partial product of individual consciousness or of collective consciousness or of divine consciousness? And so on. I think spirituality includes the consciousness/awareness of existence, physical or spiritual. But this still doesn't really answer the source of either, or whether that conscious awareness exists before, and during, and after the physical experience. Sojo
  24. Nature and our knowledge of it doesn't always follow the rules of logic. I'm not arguing for or against the existence of Nessie, just saying that our ignorance of something doesn't prove that it doesn't exist. Just being logical.
  25. skliss

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

Exactly
  1. Load more activity