Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't believe you

Well that is because you have never done any scholarly bible study or deconstruction, so you wouldn't recognise it if you fell over it Do just a little study, maybe read a couple of those bibles where several scholars interpret the words for you, line by line and verse by verse. Then argue with me. ATM your opinion lacks value because it is totally uninformed.
  3. I don't believe you

Do you find it interesting that out of any poster here your credibility is questioned the majority of the time?
  4. I don't believe you

That doesn't change the fact that we a omnivorous by nature and have been eating cooked meat for about 45 000 years Had we not done so, chances are we may not be here today at all. https://www.google.com/amp/time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/%3famp=true
  5. I don't believe you

No greater crime can be committed than lying. You got that right Mr Walker.
  6. I don't believe you

How can an untruth do any good? It can only do harm, and is deceptive, dishonest, and misleads others. (My subjective opinion based on my experiences in life) A small lie feeds bigger lies, and lets people build false hopes and understandings about each other and about life Being loving and compassionate means/requires, telling the truth, not being dishonest
  7. I don't believe you

I don’t see evidence of academia, or scholarly consensus in your post. You are offering a bible study opinion. It is what it is.
  8. Climate Change is a Hoax

you certainly are not open-minded to the thousands of scientific opinions on climate change youre just full of crap and limited insight....
  9. Doing God's will.

So you don't have anything to do with what precedes the moment you choose what shirt to wear? Is that what you're saying?
  10. Philippine-Canadian Trash War

Why on earth would Canadians need to dump their trash half a world away?
  11. I don't believe you

Yup. I don't lie. I see it as destructive and pointless. This is one reason you find me cold. I wont pretend to be something i am not. What you see is (at least in part ) what i am I am fortunate to be married to a woman who much prefers me to be truthful than to lie to be polite, tactful, or avoid confrontation. As a child, lying was perhaps the greatest crime a child in my family could commit, because it was a betrayal of trust, and could lead to great harm. I am not perfect, and it has taken a long while. I lied more when younger, but found it counter productive.
  12. Doing God's will.

I obviously have the power to choose a shirt to wear. There are causes behind such choice though, they don't really arrive out of thin air. They do have a causal chain leading up to them that we're usually unaware of.
  13. I don't believe you

Do you think there was ever a time when something was considered wrong, when it wasn't?
  14. I don't believe you

No, not by the victim.
  15. Doing God's will.

What color shirt are you wearing? Could you have chosen to wear a different shirt? It's baffling. That you want to make a case (for example) that you do not have a the power to choose which shirt to wear. Is that what you're making a case for? That you couldn't have chosen to wear a different shirt? It's as if you're trying to make a case that your not responsible for your choices.
  16. I don't believe you

Just a line from The Wrath of Khan.
  17. I don't believe you

The first question vegans ask me is could you kill that animal yourself for the meat. I always say yes. I grew up on a farm. I've done it plenty of times. The reason I can't see eating meat as ever being seen as evil is because we are omnivores by nature. We didn't get a choice there really. It's our makeup. Lie you say, with synthetics, we are likely to find that a viable alternative one day, but I just don't see a natural function as evil in any way. As for pets, my dog is very spoiled. Considering pets as evil is only a PETA dream. Walkers suggestion is ridiculous.
  18. I don't believe you

I like this, but actually I see humans as having a greater potential than the y demonstrate at present. Vulcans were not naturally rational beings They became so to survive after nearly destroying their world in wars , and educated their young to think only logically and rationally. While humans should retain their capacity for emotion, the y must learn to react logically, not emotionally, if we are to survive
  19. Knowing someone is dead before being told...

Yes I agree. Quantum entanglement, universal consciousness, something....
  20. I don't believe you

Wrong, wrong, and wrong, but yes it is a way of interpreting it A modern reader must look through the eyes of the original writer in order to understand the story and its purpose This requires a lot of study of the historical period, beliefs, and culture, of the writer. It also requires academic understanding of the principles of deconstructing texts But never mind It is actually one of several academic interpretations i have encountered while studying how to deconstruct the bible Your last comment is disrespectful but also totally disconnected from my academic skills training and abilty the current US Secretary of housing and urban development (Ben Carsons) was told the exam questions for his final medical exam by angels, yet became one of Americas top neuro surgeons
  21. Doing God's will.

Of course. But it can never be "freely willed" in the sense you propose. Unless you can think of something that allows for "could have chosen otherwise" in any particular situation, either logically or in principle?
  22. Climate Change is a Hoax

Unfortunately we are not dealing with open minded individuals, of if we brought up the following someone who is open would see that serious doubts are raised. • In the 70's, a prominent scientist said, that the science made it highly likely that we would see several large scale negative things occur in 15 years time, or whatever, and it was 100% incorrect, (previous post l made here). Quite ironically all the end is nigh predictions made on Earth Day in the 70's were all, well, none of them occurred. • Now almost 50 years later, on Earth Day, 2 days ago, David Attemborough makes a similar statement in his so called Factural Prop,....doc, "based on the science it is highly likely, blah, blah". Notice a pattern here??? The best scientists and science cannot predict anything reliably! And yet we can reliably predict the end is nigh in the year 2033! The end has been nigh for the last 50 ....years, but l guess that the fanatics don't want to give up their GMC, decoder rings and grim reaper hoods for anything. I don't care either way, but make my decisions on Valid evidence, not emotional dependency. It is funny that when this point is brought up, no rebuttel, just "personal warnings and equally change the subject comments". I have seen this convenient dismissal many times, with someone either attacking the poster or the evidence, with the evidence being valid, and the opposing side having issues. I think the issue is that one side believes in anything mass media, gov, and ...nature doc, presenters, actors, etc say, since they need to believe that the earth is a shiny apple, and don't want to believe that it is rotten in the core, (which is closer to reality) since that leads to fear and dread scenarios, (grays, or aliens near earth, ghosts, Mars not being dead and so forth). We can try to show that this view has serious issues, but the closer we get to showing things that should raise serious doubt the more spaghetti science is brought up and the more "see spot run" evidence is given. Best to leave the cows in the pasture!
  23. That might have been another reason I would have trashed it. EVD I read and it was was painful especially the 'bomber bays picture'.
  24. Let's talk history

120kya in Australia? Bowler et al’s report on the Moyjil site is a model for how to present claims of early presence (of humans) https://archeothoughts.wordpress.com/2019/03/13/120kya-in-australia-bowler-et-als-report-on-the-moyjil-site-is-a-model-for-how-to-present-claims-of-early-presence/
  1. Load more activity